Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The fans won't respect our new GM

1. -21
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southern Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    If the GM can draft players who will actually see the field next year I'd think the perception would change quick. The only problem with that is we'd have to wait until the season began for that to take place.
    You do realize that Philbin prefers for his rookies to sit a year before they start playing, don't you? It has been stated many times that he prefers his rookies to sit a year to get the feel for the season. If the coach doesn't want the players to play as a rookie, they won't. For instances, Egnew didn't play his rookie year until the end of the year when they were eliminated from the playoffs. His second year he received much more playing time. A new GM will pick the players, but you can't fault him for the players not to play because the head coach doesn't want them to play.

I feel that we have to give the GM at least a couple of years to establish himself, he has full autonomy on the roster but he can't make the HC play those players. This is where a good relationship between HC and GM comes into play.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joeharley666 View Post
    What in the hell are you talking about? Consolation? Why? They are interviewing everyone. Just because Farmer didn't want to come here didn't mean we were definitely hiring him, he was just a finalist.
    If the new GM comes in and makes the correct moves he will have our respect.
    Good God, only on Finheaven
    Errrrr what?
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    STUD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoDolphins HomerDolphinTannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by -=DolfanDave=- View Post
    Errrrr what?
    Sorry dude, I don't know how I got your quote, it was supposed to be the OP

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iamtiv View Post
    Let's face it, whoever we hire now is gonna look like a poor consolation prize and fans will be dubious of everything he does. No boost (and likely further deterioration) of ticket-sales, merchandise, and continued piling on of media.

There's just that much more that a new GM and the team has to overcome because of the bad blood and horrible PR of this whole off-season (and last season's scandals).

Keeping Phailbin was a horrible idea, and the Dawn Aponte has to be the reason why. It seems obvious that her power-partnership with Philbin was about her self-preservation and career advancement than what was good for the Miami Dolphins and DolFans.

I've held off for weeks now from venting this, and have tried to rationalize in my mind how things will be alright. Unfortunately the damage is done in terms of bad publicity that would take 2 years of great off-seasons to repair. The new guy is gonna have to have like a 2000 slugging percentage over the next 2 years. If he's not hitting home runs and getting this 8-8 team to 10-6 or better, Sun Life will be a mausoleum come mid-October.

You could say that anyone would but I think the fan-base would've given some other guys more rope based on a respected resume. Being snubbed like this and having all the media rub our noses in it is just so incredibly disheartening that the odds of failure seem so much greater for our new guy, especially tethered to a coach who 'we-the-fanbase' have pretty much turned on at this point.

What in the hell are you talking about? Consolation? Why? They are interviewing everyone. Just because Farmer didn't want to come here didn't mean we were definitely hiring him, he was just a finalist.
    If the new GM comes in and makes the correct moves he will have our respect.
    Good God, only on Finheaven
    The figure stands expressionless
    Impassive and alone
    Unmoved by this victory
    And the seeds of death he's sown
    Sworn to avenge condemn to hell
    Tempt not the blade all fear the Sentinel
    Quote Quote