Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 313233343536

Thread: Nick Caserio interviewing for GM today

1. -351
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinTannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Phins117 View Post
    Just got off work, any news on whats happening with this? Or are we just playing the waiting game?
    More finalist interviews tomorrow, hopefully Caserio will be one of them.
    Quote Quote  

2. -352
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Fin View Post
    More finalist interviews tomorrow, hopefully Caserio will be one of them.
    Thank you so very much for the reply. I really hope we get this guy. TBH I just want us to hire someone and get to the draft. If we can have more contribution from the rookies this upcoming season then the hire was successful who ever it will be.
    Quote Quote  

3. -353
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They knew that Gaine was a decent candidate from the getgo. They also did a great job of keeping any interest in Caserio silent. Bear in mind that they had to formally request permission to interview every one of the candidates. New England were focused on their playoffs run but the slow pace in evaluating all prospects now suggest that they were dragging out the process because they wanted to wait for the mystery candidate.
    I expect that the interest in Hickey has been for the Assistant GM position in the event of either Gaine getting the GM role or Caserio/Dawson getting it and Gaine resigning.
    Dawson is a pretty impressive candidate but I'd be surprised if he was given the nod. I think that if Caserio is as good as I expect, that he is in with a big chance. To go to the trouble of dragging out the process and keeping it quiet, I expect Caserio to be offered the position, but don't be surprised if he pushes New England as well. Belichick has been very decent about his underlings getting opportunities on other teams, but they could still be pissed since they would lose a major contributor to an AFC East competitor.
    To a billionaire like the cheese factory, money is also no object and his son Jonathan is taking a more visible role in the Patriot organization. They could still make a deal giving him greater power in the Patriot organization. Tomorrow should be an interesting day.
    Quote Quote  

4. -354
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spiketex View Post
    They knew that Gaine was a decent candidate from the getgo. They also did a great job of keeping any interest in Caserio silent. Bear in mind that they had to formally request permission to interview every one of the candidates. New England were focused on their playoffs run but the slow pace in evaluating all prospects now suggest that they were dragging out the process because they wanted to wait for the mystery candidate.
    I expect that the interest in Hickey has been for the Assistant GM position in the event of either Gaine getting the GM role or Caserio/Dawson getting it and Gaine resigning.
    Dawson is a pretty impressive candidate but I'd be surprised if he was given the nod. I think that if Caserio is as good as I expect, that he is in with a big chance. To go to the trouble of dragging out the process and keeping it quiet, I expect Caserio to be offered the position, but don't be surprised if he pushes New England as well. Belichick has been very decent about his underlings getting opportunities on other teams, but they could still be pissed since they would lose a major contributor to an AFC East competitor.
    To a billionaire like the cheese factory, money is also no object and his son Jonathan is taking a more visible role in the Patriot organization. They could still make a deal giving him greater power in the Patriot organization. Tomorrow should be an interesting day.
    Really good perspective.
    I would imagine one of the reasons Gaine is still in play is because they would like to keep or promote him to Asst. GM. If Ross doesn't select Caserio he will be known as Mr. Magoo by Dolfans.
    Quote Quote  

5. -355
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Or Belichick's camera eye
    Quote Quote  

6. -356
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinSoldia View Post
    how can you be excited(enough to interview) about a job one day and then hate it the next? what kind of bipolarism is that?
    and why are these guys dropping out? because its taking long? REALLY? I waited YEARS for a far less than ideal writing job, but I am making the BEST of it and helping that my efforts will grow the brand...THATS what kind of GM i want, if you want to p***** out of it because you had to wait. so be it
    Well, I think they were interested in the job but during the process of the interview they learned that the position offered did not let them control their own destiny. Rough situation with a coach under turmoil and an NFL investigation SHOULD afford the GM the ability to bring in a new coach if the current one fails. I doubt Ross offered that.

Plus there is a high level decision maker doing GM type duties that would be his equal on the Org chart with both reporting to the owner. Also, reports are that this individual was instrumental in getting the last GM fired and the coach retained. I can see how that might make a candidate uneasy.

They all want to be GM's, but nobody wants to be set up to fail and end up being a scape goat and losing any future prospects of ever being a GM again. IMHO, that's why people are backing out.

Here is hoping we get Cesario. The GM choice is super important.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    "I want guys who want to make an impact on and off the field. Good human beings. Guys who want to get better. Guys who want to improve. They want to be great, want to win. Those types of guys we can work with every day." --Joe Philbin
    - Defending the Read Option - What do you think?
    Quote Quote