Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: A Favor For nyjnc

1. -41
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    The man has more playoff wins than any QB in team history by DOUBLE the amount. That's a big deal
    No it really isn't. It just speaks of how incredibly bad the franchise has been.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingit View Post
    No it really isn't. It just speaks of how incredibly bad the franchise has been.
    he has more playoff wins than your franchise since 1995.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    he has more playoff wins than your franchise since 1995.
    We suck! This franchise is on its longest streak of being .500 or worse which is 5 straight years. Your franchise beat that record on 3 different occasions. The longest being over a decade. Your franchise has a total of 12 playoff wins and that includes AFL NFL playoff wins. How many division titles do you guys have? 3, 4?

So what was your point exactly? I already know we've sucked for a while now. Your franchise has sucked for nearly its entire existence. A guy who is known for a Sanchez is your franchise leader in playoff wins. That says it all.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    it's ok to criticize, he has plenty of faults. The problem I have is so many think he was terrible and that's simply not the case and they have no appreciation for what he did for our team/

Ryan 2013 is better than mark 2012, anyone is but again Mark had Sparano running the O and Chaz Schilens starting so any QB would look bad. Ryan through 2 years is nowhere near as good as Mark was through 2 years.

I don't give all the team success to Mark, the bulk goes to the D. we were a D first team but even great D's(which we were not) need quality QB play to win. Miami's D was really good this year, why couldn't they at least make the playoffs? it's takes more than one strong unit to win consistently.
    I just don't think he is any good. That's my thoughts of him as a player. Just one mans opinion. I can't help that a lot of people share my views. He doesn't protect the football and isn't a good enough passer to turn the ball over as much as he does. He's been criticized heavily by analysts who say he stairs down receivers and I think there is a lot of merit to those claims. He makes the same mistakes over and over and over again. There has been no progression from him as a player. He was the product of a very good football team. A good defense, strong running game, and above average skill players. It's not a shock that once the team around him started to get a little weaker Mark's play did as well. A good QB can elevate players around him and get the best out of them. Mark has never done that. He was asked not to lose games early on in his career and for the most part he did his job, when they tried to turn him loose in 2011 he fell flat on his face. Rex and the FO knew this and we started to hear about how the Jets were going to be a "ground and pound" team again, Tebow was brought in and the rest is history. He is simply not a guy you build a team around. He has not proved he is capable of being the centerpiece of any team. He's proved that with a very good defense, a strong running game, and above average skill position play he can win you anywhere from 8-11 games.

I want a QB who is capable of putting a team on his back and carrying them. When I watch Tannehill, Wilson, Luck, Stafford, Cam, Kaepernick, all these QB's that came in the league at the same time or later that have all passed him I see QB's who have the potential to do that or who at the very least know how to play the position a lot better then Mark does. I don't see it in Mark. You might say guys like Wilson and Tannehill aren't in the same league as guys like Luck and Cam but they know how to play the position. Tannehill has shown to be a very good passer, if he could figure out how to throw the deep ball he would elevate to another level. I'm not saying he's great, right now his overall play is a little better then average IMO. But he is trending upward. He's getting better every year. Mark wasn't. Tannehill's problem is also coaching and the front office. He doesn't have a ton of talent to work with. Wallace is average, Hartline is ok.

Wilson doesn't have a ton of talent outside of Lynch to work with but he knows how to protect the football, bide his time, use his feet when needed, and eventually make the big play.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Mark's not a kid anymore. He's played 4 complete seasons in the league. He's won 4 playoff games yes, and played well in both championship games. But that doesn't make him a good QB. You have to look at the big picture. There is way more bad then good. He's to inconsistent. He will have a good game one week and then turn around the next week and turn the ball over 4 times. Good QB's are consistent. Mark simply isn't.
    Last edited by Jetsfan89; 01-30-2014 at 09:49 PM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingit View Post
    We suck! This franchise is on its longest streak of being .500 or worse which is 5 straight years. Your franchise beat that record on 3 different occasions. The longest being over a decade. Your franchise has a total of 12 playoff wins and that includes AFL NFL playoff wins. How many division titles do you guys have? 3, 4?

So what was your point exactly? I already know we've sucked for a while now. Your franchise has sucked for nearly its entire existence. A guy who is known for a buttfumble is your franchise leader in playoff wins. That says it all.
    congrats on your success in the 70s and 80s!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan89 View Post
    I just don't think he is any good. That's my thoughts of him as a player. Just one mans opinion. I can't help that a lot of people share my views. He doesn't protect the football and isn't a good enough passer to turn the ball over as much as he does. He's been criticized heavily by analysts who say he stairs down receivers and I think there is a lot of merit to those claims. He makes the same mistakes over and over and over again. There has been no progression from him as a player. He was the product of a very good football team. A good defense, strong running game, and above average skill players. It's not a shock that once the team around him started to get a little weaker Mark's play did as well. A good QB can elevate players around him and get the best out of them. Mark has never done that. He was asked not to lose games early on in his career and for the most part he did his job, when they tried to turn him loose in 2011 he fell flat on his face. Rex and the FO knew this and we started to hear about how the Jets were going to be a "ground and pound" team again, Tebow was brought in and the rest is history. He is simply not a guy you build a team around. He has not proved he is capable of being the centerpiece of any team. He's proved that with a very good defense, a strong running game, and above average skill position play he can win you anywhere from 8-11 games.

I want a QB who is capable of putting a team on his back and carrying them. When I watch Tannehill, Wilson, Luck, Stafford, Cam, Kaepernick, all these QB's that came in the league at the same time or later that have all passed him I see QB's who have the potential to do that or who at the very least know how to play the position a lot better then Mark does. I don't see it in Mark. You might say guys like Wilson and Tannehill aren't in the same league as guys like Luck and Cam but they know how to play the position. Tannehill has shown to be a very good passer, if he could figure out how to throw the deep ball he would elevate to another level. I'm not saying he's great, right now his overall play is a little better then average IMO. But he is trending upward. He's getting better every year. Mark wasn't. Tannehill's problem is also coaching and the front office. He doesn't have a ton of talent to work with. Wallace is average, Hartline is ok.

Wilson doesn't have a ton of talent outside of Lynch to work with but he knows how to protect the football, bide his time, use his feet when needed, and eventually make the big play.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Mark's not a kid anymore. He's played 4 complete seasons in the league. He's won 4 playoff games yes, and played well in both championship games. But that doesn't make him a good QB. You have to look at the big picture. There is way more bad then good. He's to inconsistent. He will have a good game one week and then turn around the next week and turn the ball over 4 times. Good QB's are consistent. Mark simply isn't.
    Insanity is giving up on a young, talented QB who has had success in this league including helping his teams win 4 road playoff games.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Congrats on the on the only 2 AFCC loses in your lifetime.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Had View Post
    Congrats on the on the only 2 AFCC loses in your lifetime.
    Actually I have seen 4.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

Insanity is giving up on a young, talented QB who has had success in this league including helping his teams win 4 road playoff games.
    Well thats where we differ. I don't think he's that talented.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we are allowed to differ, sorry if I offended you in any way I just hate how no Jet fans seem to have any appreciation for him. He's not great, never was and never will be but he was a big part of those runs and considering we haven't seen a SB since long before any of us were born we should appreciate playing for the right to get to the SB.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we are allowed to differ, sorry if I offended you in any way I just hate how no Jet fans seem to have any appreciation for him. He's not great, never was and never will be but he was a big part of those runs and considering we haven't seen a SB since long before any of us were born we should appreciate playing for the right to get to the SB.
    It's all good. You didn't offend me. I love debating sports.

I'll never discredit Mark's playoff accomplishments. Best playoff performer at the QB spot we probably have ever had taking the Super Bowl win out of it and looking at it strictly based off wins and performance in those games . He also does have a knack for making big plays at big moments. Plenty of games come to mind especially in 2010 (Houston, Cleveland, Detroit). Even the San Diego playoff game where we differ on his play, he still made big throws at big spots in that game for us. I can't pretend that didn't happen.

It's always risky letting a top pick walk away from your team. I could be dead wrong on Mark and he could go somewhere and make Jets fans regret wanting him gone for many years to come. We'll see. I don't think I am but it's just an opinion. Everyone is wrong at certain times when it comes to sports. That's what makes sports so great.

I just don't like being categorized not necessarily by you, but by anyone as a "Mark hater" like some people are, and deservingly so. I don't hate him. I simply don't think he is that good. I've always said I could be wrong. Sometimes it takes players a little longer to reach their full potential. Mark's absolutely shown that he has talent. I just worry that it will always come in flashes. We'll see.
    Last edited by Jetsfan89; 02-01-2014 at 02:19 AM.
    Quote Quote