Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why the negativity for Cyrus Kouandijio?

1. -11
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    Slimm, you just hate 'Bama :^p

Anybody that says he's only had one bad game (Oklahoma) has only watched him in one game. The reality is the Sugar Bowl was his worst game, but he wasn't a dominant player all season. He looked terrible his last 2 games against Auburn and Oklahoma.

You're not ready for the NFL when you look like that. Kouandjio has the talent, but he was helped tremendously by playing next to Chance Warmack. A lot of his struggles this year are due to playing next to his younger brother Arie, who has been a liability in pass protection. But he's still not a dominant player.

I know what Chris Samuels and Andre Smith looked like at left tackle for Bama. They were dominant players. Even an out of shape and unmotivated Andre Smith is an above average starter in the NFL. Koundjio needed to stay.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    ogbuehi stayed in school...
    thx, must have missed that.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've mentioned before, that I'd prefer to see him at LG.

I don't believe he has the feet to man LT against NFL speed rushers and he's a waist bender and at that weight, he will tire very easily if good players just keep running the arc on him.
    Pat
    Offensive Coordinator
    www.londonblitz.com
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    I'm your huckleberry

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Anybody that says he's only had one bad game (Oklahoma) has only watched him in one game. The reality is the Sugar Bowl was his worst game, but he wasn't a dominant player all season. He looked terrible his last 2 games against Auburn and Oklahoma.

You're not ready for the NFL when you look like that. Kouandjio has the talent, but he was helped tremendously by playing next to Chance Warmack. A lot of his struggles this year are due to playing next to his younger brother Arie, who has been a liability in pass protection. But he's still not a dominant player.

I know what Chris Samuels and Andre Smith looked like at left tackle for Bama. They were dominant players. Even an out of shape and unmotivated Andre Smith is an above average starter in the NFL. Koundjio needed to stay.

Yeah he struggled. It was so bad he was first team all-sec and first team all-American.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kebo View Post
    Yeah he struggled. It was so bad he was first team all-sec and first team all-American.

So was James Carpenter before him, and he's trying to hold on to a backup job in the NFL. What's your point?

Does this look like a kid who's ready for the NFL to you? ----> http://ultraimg.com/images/sI2Bw.gif

Koundjio has talent and he's a decent prospect, but he's not an elite player. I watched Chris Samuels start all 4 years and never gave up a single sack his entire career. He didn't even allow a single QB pressure his Senior season. That's what a dominant player who's ready for the NFL looks like.

Kouandjio lacks consistency at this stage in his development. I'm not sure what you're arguing here. He struggled all season and looked more like a 2-Star freshman the last 2 games of his career at Alabama against Auburn and Oklahoma than a 1st round pick.

Those 1st Team SEC coach's votes came in long before Eric Striker exposed him in the Sugar Bowl.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I will say this in Kouandjio's defense... I believe he suffered from inferior coaching this year along with the rest of the Bama offensive line.

I've mentioned several times that Jeff Stoutland going to the NFL was a tremendous blow to Bama's coaching staff. But the point still stands... poor coaching or not, Kouandjio is a kid that needs time to polish up on technique. I wouldn't take him in the top 20. He's worth a shot beyond that point to any team needing a tackle.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    I'm your huckleberry

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    So was James Carpenter before him, and he's trying to hold on to a backup job in the NFL. What's your point?

Does this look like a kid who's ready for the NFL to you? ----> http://ultraimg.com/images/sI2Bw.gif

Koundjio has talent and he's a decent prospect, but he's not an elite player. I watched Chris Samuels start all 4 years and never gave up a single sack his entire career. He didn't even allow a single QB pressure his Senior season. That's what a dominant player who's ready for the NFL looks like.

Kouandjio lacks consistency at this stage in his development. I'm not sure what you're arguing here. He struggled all season and looked more like a 2-Star freshman the last 2 games of his career at Alabama against Auburn and Oklahoma than a 1st round pick.

Those 1st Team SEC coach's votes came in long before Eric Striker exposed him in the Sugar Bowl.

Sorry for being a smartass. My point is he is a legitimate prospect. This tackle class is deep and good. The only truly elite guy is Matthews IMO. I don't even like Robinson as much as most people are saying. He holds and grabs way too much. I think Kouandjio is a top 5 tackle in this class and, according to history, that makes him a first round prospect. Other than Matthews I don't see any of these guys as sure fire, can't miss.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Sorry for being a smartass. My point is he is a legitimate prospect. This tackle class is deep and good. The only truly elite guy is Matthews IMO. I don't even like Robinson as much as most people are saying. He holds and grabs way too much. I think Kouandjio is a top 5 tackle in this class and, according to history, that makes him a first round prospect. Other than Matthews I don't see any of these guys as sure fire, can't miss.
    He might go in the 1st (probably will), but just cause he's a top 5 OT doesn't make him a 1st round talent.

Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I also noticed his struggles late in the season. I think there is something to the perception that Bama players are rated too high and that they have often peaked in college. I wouldn't draft Kouandijio over Morgan Moses or Zach Martin. Actually, Moses would probably be my pick if he's there at 19.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Robinson is an absolute weapon in the run game, and he has all the tools to be just as dominant in pass pro. I like Matthews too, but if you're talking clearing a lane or getting out in space, they aren't in the same class.
    Quote Quote