Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you all over your butt hurt from the weekend?

1. -11
    THE FUTURE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    my ass is gonna really hurt in 2015, when were looking for a coach after another 6-10 season. You guys just don't get it....there's little to no hope for this team. But let's get all rah rah for next season. This is the season Tanny either excels or becomes what most think he is....mediocre, a step above Henne. I hope to god I'm wrong, cause as we see in indi, a great QB can mask an awful roster and even worse coach.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O Town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    Hickey deserves a fair shot.

But fans also deserve the opportunity to complain about how badly our owner bungled the GM search and hiring process.
    Nah not really
    Follow me on Twitter.. @DSEmpire_BA

For My work http://dynastysportsempire.com/author/brent-antonio/
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    I am done debating the zombies. In fact, I think I am going to take a hiatus from this forum and other Dolphins spots for awhile, at least until the draft, and hopefully until the season starts up again. I need to be more productive, and devoting time to discuss this sorry organization is not a productive use of time.

If you all want to feel great about this abortion f a GM search and getting a guy who was the Dolphins (officially) 4th or 5th choice, go on right ahead. You are only setting yourself up for disappointment, and hurting yourself in the end.
    I usually enjoy your posts....but for the last couple of weeks, I'm actually feeling sorry for you. I think taking a break is a good idea. However, as you are laying on a white sandy beach somewhere, think about.....

8 -8 last season. We blew a big chance to make the playoffs with zero running game, a terrible O-line and some of the worst play calling we have seen in years. So.....new OC, new linemen in the offseason, hopefully a solid draft.....just think of the potential!!!! I guarantee you, whether it was Ireland, Cesario, Gaine or Hickey....none of them are going to catch a pass or throw a block. So think about that and let it hopefully put a smile on your face....

And if that doesn't work, some Makers Mark and water usually does the trick.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hating The Jets With A Passion Since '84

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm glad we've got someone in place, and I hope he does an excellent job and makes us a relevant franchise again. My more knee-jerk reaction is that I'm just glad we've hired someone so we don't have to keep hearing about who has turned down interviews, who has declined the job, all the dirt of what a "horrible franchise" we have, etc. I am excessively glad that all of that will be winding down now (though I'm sure there will be some who take their parting shots at the situation in the next few days/weeks) and we can actually focus on the draft, free agency, and the future of this team again.

They say that winning cures all ills, so to the powers that be, how about this? Let's...just...WIN! If we can do that, I'm happy (as are many on this board, I'm sure).
    JETS FANS' TEARS TASTE LIKE CANDY

(...so taste the rainbow, b*tches)
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    No More Excuses

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17
    Never got butt hurt. I'm thrilled Ireland is gone, wish it would have been a clean sweep and I'm going to give Lazor and Hickey a chance to impress me.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    wales and will die a prou
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just want a GM, who makes what seems like sensible options. A FA LT, 1st Rnd O'lineman, then I would love that GM who seems to draft value guys from too to bottom of board.

Felt Ireland would reach for certain players when there was no need, Daniel Thomas, Will Davis and even Dion Jordan. Would love that GM where you watch the draft and you get that feeling he has picked 'football players' rather than good athletes. 2nd round last year, players like Keenan Allen, Demontre Moore, Larry Warford all dropped due to combine. I would have loved a GM who picked for purely football reasons.[COLOR="Silver"]
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Are you all over your butt hurt from the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins512 View Post
    I usually enjoy your posts....but for the last couple of weeks, I'm actually feeling sorry for you. I think taking a break is a good idea. However, as you are laying on a white sandy beach somewhere, think about.....

8 -8 last season. We blew a big chance to make the playoffs with zero running game, a terrible O-line and some of the worst play calling we have seen in years. So.....new OC, new linemen in the offseason, hopefully a solid draft.....just think of the potential!!!! I guarantee you, whether it was Ireland, Cesario, Gaine or Hickey....none of them are going to catch a pass or throw a block. So think about that and let it hopefully put a smile on your face....

And if that doesn't work, some Makers Mark and water usually does the trick.
    The thing is, I actually think the Dolphins are set up to have a decent shot at making the playoffs in the short term. What's got me down is the longview. This team as presently constructed tops out at mediocre, more of the same we have seen for over a decade. I feel like we are stuck in the football equivalent of purgatory, and to me, that is worse than hell.

This GM search and the hiring of an underwhelming GM crystallized that fact for me, that we will be churning our wheels in the mud for at least another 3 years, if not longer. Philbin is the picture of mediocre coach, and now we got a subpar GM to go along with him.

My only slight glimmer of hope is that Tannehill with the help of Lazor grows into a true franchise QB and carries this sorry bunch of losers assembled by the blind billionaire. If that doesn't happen, we are in for yet anther frustrating spin on the loser merry-go-round - the same one we have been on for 14 years.

I just can't understand how fans who have already been around the block are signing up for more of the same yet again. It is quite dumbfounding.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    Hickey deserves a fair shot.

But fans also deserve the opportunity to complain about how badly our owner bungled the GM search and hiring process.
    Because Rome was built in a day?
    Winning without ethics is not winning at all - Don Shula.

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O Town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    The thing is, I actually think the Dolphins are set up to have a decent shot at making the playoffs in the short term. What's got me down is the longview. This team as presently constructed tops out at mediocre, more of the same we have seen for over a decade. I feel like we are stuck in the football equivalent of purgatory, and to me, that is worse than hell.

This GM search and the hiring of an underwhelming GM crystallized that fact for me, that we will be churning our wheels in the mud for at least another 3 years, if not longer. Philbin is the picture of mediocre coach, and now we got a subpar GM to go along with him.

My only slight glimmer of hope is that Tannehill with the help of Lazor grows into a true franchise QB and carries this sorry bunch of losers assembled by the blind billionaire. If that doesn't happen, we are in for yet anther frustrating spin on the loser merry-go-round - the same one we have been on for 14 years.

I just can't understand how fans who have already been around the block are signing up for more of the same yet again. It is quite dumbfounding.
    we arent signing up for the SAME, we are acknowledging that the new guy deserves a shot BEFORE we complain,

Im not calling your fandom into question, but know that the only thing thats counter productive is complaining before the offseason starts

and if thats all your willing to do? you won't be missed...
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Are you all over your butt hurt from the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by PhinSoldia View Post
    we arent signing up for the SAME, we are acknowledging that the new guy deserves a shot BEFORE we complain,

Im not calling your fandom into question, but know that the only thing thats counter productive is complaining before the offseason starts

and if thats all your willing to do? you won't be missed...
    It is the same. We have seen this **** show before. If you can find me a single example where the 5th option when it came to heading up a major division in a business or a football team led to smashing success, I might manage to muster some patience, but until then I am not going to bother to expend the energy to delude myself into thinking this will somehow end well.
    Quote Quote