Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you all over your butt hurt from the weekend?

1. -21
    No More Excuses

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    The thing is, I actually think the Dolphins are set up to have a decent shot at making the playoffs in the short term. What's got me down is the longview. This team as presently constructed tops out at mediocre, more of the same we have seen for over a decade. I feel like we are stuck in the football equivalent of purgatory, and to me, that is worse than hell.

This GM search and the hiring of an underwhelming GM crystallized that fact for me, that we will be churning our wheels in the mud for at least another 3 years, if not longer. Philbin is the picture of mediocre coach, and now we got a subpar GM to go along with him.

My only slight glimmer of hope is that Tannehill with the help of Lazor grows into a true franchise QB and carries this sorry bunch of losers assembled by the blind billionaire. If that doesn't happen, we are in for yet anther frustrating spin on the loser merry-go-round - the same one we have been on for 14 years.

I just can't understand how fans who have already been around the block are signing up for more of the same yet again. It is quite dumbfounding.
    I would be as down as anybody if we wouldn't have gotten Lazor. Philbin IMHO is not a good coach. He's an administrator.

From what we hear from assorted reports, Philbin tends to rely on his coordinators very heavily. He'll lean hard on Lazor, and Hickey will probably lean hard on Philbin.

This is where I see some sunshine. Lazor.

The right OC can make Hickey and Philbin look good.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NCFINFAN13 View Post
    I would be as down as anybody if we wouldn't have gotten Lazor. Philbin IMHO is not a good coach. He's an administrator.

From what we hear from assorted reports, Philbin tends to rely on his coordinators very heavily. He'll lean hard on Lazor, and Hickey will probably lean hard on Philbin.

This is where I see some sunshine. Lazor.

The right OC can make Hickey and Philbin look good.
    Ya, I am high on Lazor too, and that is our only remaining hope IMO. But even with that, I can't see a championship in our future with Philbin and Hickey running the show, and that is what gets me down the most - that we may end up wasting the prime years of a QB he could take us places with a coach and GM that will just bring us to early 1st round exits.
    FIRE FAILBIN
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not, for the same reason if we had gotten our top candidate for GM, that was still not going to Guarantee we were in great shape. Hickey could be a waste or he could be far better then what most people are thinking. I will wait and see.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O Town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It is the same. We have seen this **** show before. If you can find me a single example where the 5th option when it came to heading up a major division in a business or a football team led to smashing success, I might manage to muster some patience, but until then I am not going to bother to expend the energy to delude myself into thinking this will somehow end well.
    how do you KNOW its the same though?
    Follow me on Twitter.. @DSEmpire_BA

For My work http://dynastysportsempire.com/author/brent-antonio/
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Are you all over your butt hurt from the weekend?

Does that mean that those who werent butt hurt, really enjoyed it?
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Are you all over your butt hurt from the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by PhinSoldia View Post
    how do you KNOW its the same though?
    Because I analyze trends, and every situation that I've seen the started in this manner ended up in failure. You are essentially holding onto a minute chance that things will pan out differently based on nothing more than sheer emotion and hope.

I could ask you "how do you KNOW you won't survive a jump from the 10th floor of a building?". It's essentially the same question you just asked me. Based on the analysis of trends, jumping from the 10th floor will usually result in death. However, there are some rare instances when a person may survive such a fall. But would you jump with just the hope that you may be one of those rare exceptions to the rule?
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by utahphinsfan View Post
    Because Rome was built in a day?
    Steve Ross is no Augustus.
    "Society became divided into camps in which no man trusted his fellow. To put an end to this, there was neither promise to be depended upon, nor oath that could command respect; but all parties dwelling rather in their calculation upon the hopelessness of a permanent state of things, were more intent upon self-defence than capable of confidence." - Thucydides, probably predicting the rise of internet message boards
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No pain here. My anus was prepared!

Honestly, I'm actually ambivalent to him. The pro is I'm more impressed with the Buc's drafts than our own. That said, there are lots of yellow flags out there on this guy.

Only time will tell but I don't plan on this giving me heartburn while we wait to find out.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The thing is, I actually think the Dolphins are set up to have a decent shot at making the playoffs in the short term. What's got me down is the longview. This team as presently constructed tops out at mediocre, more of the same we have seen for over a decade. I feel like we are stuck in the football equivalent of purgatory, and to me, that is worse than hell.

This GM search and the hiring of an underwhelming GM crystallized that fact for me, that we will be churning our wheels in the mud for at least another 3 years, if not longer. Philbin is the picture of mediocre coach, and now we got a subpar GM to go along with him.

My only slight glimmer of hope is that Tannehill with the help of Lazor grows into a true franchise QB and carries this sorry bunch of losers assembled by the blind billionaire. If that doesn't happen, we are in for yet anther frustrating spin on the loser merry-go-round - the same one we have been on for 14 years.

I just can't understand how fans who have already been around the block are signing up for more of the same yet again. It is quite dumbfounding.

Quick story......my father was born in 1920 and was a huge Red Sox fan. He literally went his whole life rooting for the Red Sox to win a world series.....and nothing. Everytime they were close he would say "they will find a way to blow it"......and they did. He was mad about Bill Buckner up to the day he passed. However, during all of those years (he actually passed away right after they won the series in 2004) he never missed an opportunity to watch a game, always checked out the box score in the paper each morning and Red Sox conversation dominated each holiday gathering!

Bottom line....we are fans. With all the problems, struggles, dumb decisions and frustration that comes with being a Phins fan......and for all our bitching and complaining....we will be sitting there next season watching every game, every week like we always do. I may be a little more optimistic at this point than you are.......but you will be there when the time comes.
    Quote Quote