Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you all over your butt hurt from the weekend?

1. -31
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    It is the same. We have seen this **** show before. If you can find me a single example where the 5th option when it came to heading up a major division in a business or a football team led to smashing success, I might manage to muster some patience, but until then I am not going to bother to expend the energy to delude myself into thinking this will somehow end well.
    since Ross is such an idiot maybe his 4th or 5th choice would be someone else's first....and don't act like u knew who any of the candidates were a month ago...nobody on this forum knows which candidate was better than the other, nobody knows what responsibilities they had with their former teams.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenphin View Post
    Can we now move forward to Hickey & Philbin putting the right pieces in place and getting us into the playoffs or are you all going to spend the rest of your days bitching about guys who didn't want the job for whatever reason?
    Clearly you're still butthurt about fans' opinions. You don't know a thing about Hickey, so you assume nobody else does. You go ahead and move on believing that the GM search wasn't an absolutely embarrassing fiasco. The rest of us are going to discuss it. You want the negativity to stop? Tell that to the team. It's their creation.

Quote Quote  

3. -33
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    Steve Ross is no Augustus.
    But, he is a real estate magnate in NYC. Hmmmmmm?
    Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers. - Voltaire

Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
    Quote Originally Posted by utahphinsfan View Post
    But, he is a real estate magnate in NYC. Hmmmmmm?
    And that makes him a good NFL franchise owner how? Hmmmmmm?
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    formally known as CANEPHINS

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Savannah, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You don't know a thing about any of the candidates. You don't know all the facts of the search, who was the favorite or not, or what the exact qualifications are needed to be a GM in the league. Nobody does. Unless you were in those interviews you have no clue what was said or not said.

The fact is we interviewed a number of guys and we got someone who wanted the job. It isn't like Hickey wasn't interviewed and wasn't considered for the job. He had multiple interviews and when offered the job he accepted. I would much rather have him than someone who was unsure about taking the job or they were just taking it so they can play GM. Fact is you didn't know any of these guys before the search and you won't think of them after. Only one thing matters and that is who we have now.

Now is the time to start focusing on the combine. We have a new GM, a coach, a new OC and holes to fill at RB, OL, LB and CB. There are much bigger issues to focus on than who said no.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Savannah, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Serious question: You can't fire the owner so what do you think complaining about him will do?

Should Wayne have sold the team to Ross? In retrospect, no. Was Wayne the best owner either? No.

Fact is these guys know nothing about football but are doing their best to put the people in place that do. They put Ireland in place to do the job and he failed. Now it is on to the next person. So who cares if they search didn't meet "the fans" expectations...they got a GM who wanted to come here. Now he has the chance to put his mark on the franchise and build it the best way he can. Hopefully it works. The better the GM is the less we will hear from or about Ross and the more Ross will be out of the spotlight. Ireland and his crap constantly put the spotlight back on Ross, who is not comfortable with it (which is obvious in his speakings).

Hickey deserves his fair shot but will only get it when people get over their butt hurt for Ross.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
    You don't know a thing about any of the candidates. You don't know all the facts of the search, who was the favorite or not, or what the exact qualifications are needed to be a GM in the league. Nobody does. Unless you were in those interviews you have no clue what was said or not said.

The fact is we interviewed a number of guys and we got someone who wanted the job. It isn't like Hickey wasn't interviewed and wasn't considered for the job. He had multiple interviews and when offered the job he accepted. I would much rather have him than someone who was unsure about taking the job or they were just taking it so they can play GM. Fact is you didn't know any of these guys before the search and you won't think of them after. Only one thing matters and that is who we have now.

Now is the time to start focusing on the combine. We have a new GM, a coach, a new OC and holes to fill at RB, OL, LB and CB. There are much bigger issues to focus on than who said no.
    How do you know what I know? You don't. You assume that because you know nothing about him, nobody else does. But even if I were to go only by the media reports, there is no denying that SEVERAL candidates REJECTED a promotion and the opportunity to be the GM of the Miami Dolphins. You can pretend like that is not a bad thing, like the whole hiring process wasn't a fiasco, all you want; but you can't, because the mere fact that you want to move on so quickly from it and act like it didn't happen is only a sign that you actually do realize that it was a disaster.

Hey, maybe he'll end up surprising and be a good GM. Doesn't change the fact that the search made the Harbaugh incident look like only a minor embarrassment.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
    Serious question: You can't fire the owner so what do you think complaining about him will do?

Should Wayne have sold the team to Ross? In retrospect, no. Was Wayne the best owner either? No.

Fact is these guys know nothing about football but are doing their best to put the people in place that do. They put Ireland in place to do the job and he failed. Now it is on to the next person. So who cares if they search didn't meet "the fans" expectations...they got a GM who wanted to come here. Now he has the chance to put his mark on the franchise and build it the best way he can. Hopefully it works. The better the GM is the less we will hear from or about Ross and the more Ross will be out of the spotlight. Ireland and his crap constantly put the spotlight back on Ross, who is not comfortable with it (which is obvious in his speakings).

Hickey deserves his fair shot but will only get it when people get over their butt hurt for Ross.
    First off, this team is incapable of making me "butt hurt" anymore. 10 years of futility does that. Second, what can I do about it? Not buy tickets. Not buy merchandise. Pretty simple really.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Savannah, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Have you never interviewed for a job and not taken it?

I had one company that I interviewed with twice and decided to take another offer from another company. This company came back to me 3 years later. I interviewed with them two more times and rejected their offer again deciding to stay where I was at.

There is nothing unusual about people interviewing for jobs and not taking the offers or removing themselves from consideration.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
    Have you never interviewed for a job and not taken it?

I had one company that I interviewed with twice and decided to take another offer from another company. This company came back to me 3 years later. I interviewed with them two more times and rejected their offer again deciding to stay where I was at.

There is nothing unusual about people interviewing for jobs and not taking the offers or removing themselves from consideration.
    Of course, when I find out that the company is ****. You can spray as much perfume on this turd as you want, doesn't change what it is.
    Quote Quote