Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Luck vs Tannehill

1. -21
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If the draft was held today, do you really think Wilson goes in the 3rd round. Even better....do you even think he would still be there for the 3rd pick?
    "May the acorns rest in peace..."
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    FinHeavean VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto, On. Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
    Here are their career stats. Looks to me as though Tannehill very much deserves to be compared to Luck. He may be slighty behind Luck, but it is far from an outrageous comparison.

Tannehill: 1,072 Att / 637 Comp / 59.4 % / 7,207 Yards / 6.72 Avg / 36 TD / 30 Int / 11 Fumb / 79.1 Rating

Luck: 1,197 Att / 682 Comp / 57.0 % / 8,196 Yards / 6.85 Avg / 46 TD / 27 Int / 14 Fumb / 81.5 Rating

And here is what Wilson has done:

Wilson: 800 Att / 509 Comp / 63.6 % / 6,475 Yards / 8.09 Avg / 52 TD / 19 Int / 11 Fumb / 100.6 Rating + 1 Superbowl Victory

I'm not one who fails to give credit to what Wilson has accomplished his first 2 seasons in the league. It's dang impressive. Right now Luck and Tannehill are looking up at Wilson and what he has done, but that certainly doesn't mean Tannehill has been a bust by any stretch of the imagination. He made tremendous strides from year 1 to year 2, and he could be a damn good one before it is all said and done.
    I don't give a **** about stats. I have been very consistent ever since we drafted Tannehill.

I don't get hard ons for people throwing around numbers. Because you can eventually find any number you want to support a claim.

What cannot be refuted or compared are wins. Taking your team to the playoffs. Elevating the play of the guys around you.

Crunch all the number you want. Luck has taken his team to the playoffs.

With the ability to do so against 2 inferior teams, Tannehill shat diarrhea all in his pants.

One and only stat matters. WINS.

Why you go ask Peyton Manning how good his seasons stats feel today. I'm sure to him they don't mean a ****ing thing.

Russell Wilson's "mediocre" performance... Championship.

I bet you would trade damn stats for a Super Bowl victory. I would.

It takes discipline to not formulate opinions about something WITHOUT KNOWING ALL THE FACTS.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I am not here to gain agreement and whether anyone agrees w/ me or not doesn't mean I am right or wrong.

Um, the other poster brought up Mark. Follow along.
    Like a cat waiting for a Mark mouse to be released. LOL I HATED many a post on Tebow but, you have that beat with Sanchice. Kinda sad.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Reading Is Fundamental

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Please stop with these comparison threads.... Good lord!
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianfishfan View Post
    I don't give a **** about stats. I have been very consistent ever since we drafted Tannehill.

I don't get hard ons for people throwing around numbers. Because you can eventually find any number you want to support a claim.

What cannot be refuted or compared are wins. Taking your team to the playoffs. Elevating the play of the guys around you.

With the ability to do so against 2 inferior teams, Tannehill shat diarrhea all in his pants.

Why you go ask Peyton Manning how good his seasons stats feel today. I'm sure to him they don't mean a ****ing thing.

Stats do tell a tale, especially on QB's. Wilson did what his team needed to win. RT in the last two games fell well short. No spin, just reality.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Stats do tell a tale, especially on QB's. Wilson did what his team needed to win. RT in the last two games fell well short. No spin, just reality.
    I just don't understand how people can blame Tannehill for the buffalo game. Did you see what happen to potential GOAT Peyton when he faced a fierce pass rush? Ya, Buffalo isn't exactly the Legion of Boom, but against our horrid OL, they might as well have been. There is not a damn QB in the league that would have performed well behind that OL in that particular game. Wilson would have been smashed just the same. RW does have a stronger pocket presence and is a bit more shifty than RT, but in that Buffalo game it honestly wouldn't have mattered. They were getting to the QB in under a second in some cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianfishfan View Post

No one is talking about trading stats for wins. No one should be claiming wins are all about the QB. There are many factors that go into a winning season. Too many on this forum try to dumb things down way too much.

The statement that Russell Wilson was not THE reason that Seattle won last night is not a knock on Wilson. It is just reality, IMO (and many other people's opinions). Take it or leave it.
    Angry Deniers. A bunch of agenda-driven whiny clowns whose sole mission is to deny anything good that Tannehill has done and deny anything bad that the "gods of quarterbacks" have done.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17Mike Wallace 11Dolphins Homer
    Wilson wins a superbowl and he is the best qb ever or somthing? The seahawks didn't win because wilson was amazing. the seahawks won because they have the best team. The best defence in the league, one of the top running games. The Seattle pass game is mediocre. Im not saying Wilson is bad but he is playing for a complete team and i would be willing to bet that guys like tanehill, luck, and many others could have stepped into that locker room and became a success because that team is just that good across the board.
    Week 1 Game Balls

Even with the bad game some guys deserve some credit for good games.

Defence:
    Jelani Jenkins- Was in on all kinds of tackles, looked great imo.

Offense: Wallace- Unreal TD catch and game effort all game.

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Tannehill should never be in the same sentence as Luck or Wilson.

I love people who think it is easy to win w/ any QB, why didn't the '80s Bears win more? why didn't the '00s Ravens or Bucs win more?
    Luck I'll agree with.

Wilson...eh...he does a lot of things right. He doesn't turn the football over. He doesn't force things. He doesn't do the things that he's not asked to do. He's not asked to throw the football the way that Luck and Tannehill are asked to. Luck and Tannehill are forced to throw the football because they have very poor running games and very poor offensive lines. At some point you're tired of getting sacked and you're just looking to get rid of the football when there's a defender in your face. This results in Tannehill making bad decisions with the football. Very rarely does the offensive line for Seattle completely breakdown the way that the Dolphins offensive line does on seemingly every single play. Defenders squirt thru the Seattle OL from time to time and Wilson is very capable as a scrambler to use his feet and guess what...hit the open man underneath.

I'm willing to bet that if Wilson had to throw his team to victory, we'd see a noticeable increase in poor decisions and turnovers. How often on third down do we see Wilson roll out and hit some wide open receiver in the flat? He butchered the Broncos defense on third down last night with those type of plays. Those are plays that EVERYONE in the league can and will make.

Seattle changed the game with their defense and now we'll see teams try and mimic that blueprint. San Francisco and Seattle are virtually identical. But, Kaepernick makes more poor decisions with the football than Wilson does because Kaepernick has the better arm.

Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Luck I'll agree with.

Wilson...eh...he does a lot of things right. He doesn't turn the football over. He doesn't force things. He doesn't do the things that he's not asked to do. He's not asked to throw the football the way that Luck and Tannehill are asked to. Luck and Tannehill are forced to throw the football because they have very poor running games and very poor offensive lines. At some point you're tired of getting sacked and you're just looking to get rid of the football when there's a defender in your face. This results in Tannehill making bad decisions with the football. Very rarely does the offensive line for Seattle completely breakdown the way that the Dolphins offensive line does on seemingly every single play. Defenders squirt thru the Seattle OL from time to time and Wilson is very capable as a scrambler to use his feet and guess what...hit the open man underneath.

I'm willing to bet that if Wilson had to throw his team to victory, we'd see a noticeable increase in poor decisions and turnovers. How often on third down do we see Wilson roll out and hit some wide open receiver in the flat? He butchered the Broncos defense on third down last night with those type of plays. Those are plays that EVERYONE in the league can and will make.

Seattle changed the game with their defense and now we'll see teams try and mimic that blueprint. San Francisco and Seattle are virtually identical. But, Kaepernick makes more poor decisions with the football than Wilson does because Kaepernick has the better arm.
    First post in awhile that I've seen you that's actually you talking football, been kinda on a hiatus.

I also agree with everything you said.

Quote Quote