Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Luck vs Tannehill

1. -31
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    First post in awhile that I've seen you that's actually you talking football, been kinda on a hiatus.

I also agree with everything you said.
    Hate the hiatus. Miss the board. Really do.

Also hate how busy life has become.

Quote Quote  

2. -32
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Hate the hiatus. Miss the board. Really do.

Also hate how busy life has become.

I understand this fully, just had my second child and bought a new home. Life has been busy.

Quote Quote  

3. -33
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think a comparison with Luck and Tannehill is fair. The stats between the two aren't that far apart as illustrated earlier in this thread. However, while I'm a big RT fan and think he has significant upside for our Phins, you can't dismiss that fact that Luck has a significant amount of experience over Tannehill at the QB position. If you look at it this way, the closeness of the stats is a bit more impressive on the Tannehill side....
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fairfax Station, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Phin View Post
    If the draft was held today, do you really think Wilson goes in the 3rd round. Even better....do you even think he would still be there for the 3rd pick?
    I like this game....Does Tannehill go before RGIII?
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 123phins View Post
    Wilson wins a superbowl and he is the best qb ever or somthing? The seahawks didn't win because wilson was amazing.
    Wilson was amazing. What game were you watching. IMO Wilson was a big reason why they won. The defense played awesome but so did Wilson.

The defense gets credit for the 1st 2 points but they did nothing to generate it. It was just a stupid play by Manning on 1st play of game.
    Just run the play Peyton. Got to cute.

Then Wilson started to dominate the game. 9 and 13 play drives dominated the 1st quarter with Wilson converting 4 of 6 3rd downs. That set the tone for game. Defense forced 3 and out but Wilson still led 2 long drives from his side of field. He gave the Seahawks a good lead before the d put the game away.

I thought he should have gotten MVP.
    Flacco won it last year with 124 passer rating. Wilson had a 123 with 1 less TD. But he was almost flawless.

Anybody who thinks Tannehill or any of the other QB could step in and do what Wilson is doing is fooling themselves.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    Wilson was amazing. What game were you watching. IMO Wilson was a big reason why they won. The defense played awesome but so did Wilson.

The defense gets credit for the 1st 2 points but they did nothing to generate it. It was just a stupid play by Manning on 1st play of game.

Then Wilson started to dominate the game. 9 and 13 play drives dominated the 1st quarter with Wilson converting 4 of 6 3rd downs. That set the tone for game. Defense forced 3 and out but Wilson still led 2 long drives from his side of field. He gave the Seahawks a good lead before the d put the game away.

Flacco won it last year with 124 passer rating. Wilson had a 123 with 1 less TD. But he was almost flawless.

Anybody who thinks Tannehill or any of the other QB could step in and do what Wilson is doing is fooling themselves.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Austin, Tx and Bali, Indo
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They are all young and have plenty of time to give us larger and better samples of who they are.

Quote Quote  

8. -38
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    Best qb ratings in Super Bowl

Simms 150
    Montana 147
    Plunket 145
    Aikman 140
    Young 135
    Williams 128
    Montana 127
    Flacco 124
    Russell Wilson 123

9th best ever. Every QB above him won the MVP with their efforts.

He threw the same number of passes as Simms but completed 4 less with one less TD. He was that close to matching Simms top effort.

Laugh all you want.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo

I wouldn't call Wilson's performance amazing. He played very well and did what he needed to do to help them win. They did go 0 for 2 starting in the red zone in the 1st qtr. His pass to Kearse was all-effort by Kearse. Wilson certainly gets credit for the throw but the WR does too.

I'd be 100% fine with having Wilson as Miami's QB. The people saying he's a game manager don't quite understand what one really is.

Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17Mike Wallace 11Dolphins Homer

I wasnt focusing on 1 game. All he had to do was be average all year to make it that far. He needed to make plays when called upon but when you defense outscored the other team all you have to do is not screw up. Everybody talks about how many TD`s he threw. When you have a back like lynch in the redzone the TD is always open. Tavaris Jackson could have won that game at QB, thats how bad denver was.
    Quote Quote