Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Luck vs Tannehill

1. -41
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A record setting offense was shut down by one of the best playoff defenses in NFL history.

Russell Wilson had zero to do with that.

Again, he played very well. All they ask him to do is essentially hand the football to Lynch and hit the safety valve when he's forced to roll out. Nothing that Russell Wilson does blows anyone away.

If Wilson is forced to throw the football to beat you, he's really going to struggle.

If his team gets down 38-10, that game is over. I said the same thing on another but and made the comment that even at 38-10, Andrew Luck is at least capable of throwing you back into the game. I'll be damned if the kid didn't flat out win that game. One of the most amazing playoff performances of your lifetime.

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    Best qb ratings in Super Bowl

Simms 150
    Montana 147
    Plunket 145
    Aikman 140
    Young 135
    Williams 128
    Montana 127
    Flacco 124
    Russell Wilson 123

9th best ever. Every QB above him won the MVP with their efforts.

He threw the same number of passes as Simms but completed 4 less with one less TD. He was that close to matching Simms top effort.

Laugh all you want.
    That's great and all, but it was 29-0 before Wilson had any affect on the game. He led a couple lousy FH drives with good field position. I don't give 2 ****s about qb rating.

Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just because you are "Scout Team" on Finheaven -- that doesn't make you a scout.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego
    Thanks / No Thanks
    buttfumble

-------------------

This is the coolest feature on Finheaven.

buttfumble, buttfumble, S-A-N-C-H-E-Z (mods, please don't ding me for circumventing the profanity filter)
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17Mike Wallace 11Dolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by JBinSD View Post
    Just because you are "Scout Team" on Finheaven -- that doesn't make you a scout.
    oh darn really? cause i thought you were a pro bowler
    OL Depth Chart:

LT- Albert- Garner
    LG- Thomas- Colledge
    C - Brenner- Larsen
    RG- Smith- Turner
    RT- James- Fox

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianfishfan View Post
    Look up the QB's who won a SB in their 2nd year. Pretty elite group.

Wilson is way better than Dilfer ever was.

Right now Tannehill can't hold Luck's jock.
    Did you not watch the SB ??? Come on almost any decent QB would of won with the Hawks playing that way lol. So you are saying if Tannehill was with Seattle they wouldn't win the Superbowl and if Wilson was with the Dolphins they would make the playoffs lmao.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wilson was amazing. What game were you watching. IMO Wilson was a big reason why they won. The defense played awesome but so did Wilson.

The defense gets credit for the 1st 2 points but they did nothing to generate it. It was just a stupid play by Manning on 1st play of game.
    Just run the play Peyton. Got to cute.

Then Wilson started to dominate the game. 9 and 13 play drives dominated the 1st quarter with Wilson converting 4 of 6 3rd downs. That set the tone for game. Defense forced 3 and out but Wilson still led 2 long drives from his side of field. He gave the Seahawks a good lead before the d put the game away.

I thought he should have gotten MVP.
    Flacco won it last year with 124 passer rating. Wilson had a 123 with 1 less TD. But he was almost flawless.

Anybody who thinks Tannehill or any of the other QB could step in and do what Wilson is doing is fooling themselves.
    But isn't that what some folks would rather do?
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Luck I'll agree with.

Wilson...eh...he does a lot of things right. He doesn't turn the football over. He doesn't force things. He doesn't do the things that he's not asked to do. He's not asked to throw the football the way that Luck and Tannehill are asked to. Luck and Tannehill are forced to throw the football because they have very poor running games and very poor offensive lines. At some point you're tired of getting sacked and you're just looking to get rid of the football when there's a defender in your face. This results in Tannehill making bad decisions with the football. Very rarely does the offensive line for Seattle completely breakdown the way that the Dolphins offensive line does on seemingly every single play. Defenders squirt thru the Seattle OL from time to time and Wilson is very capable as a scrambler to use his feet and guess what...hit the open man underneath.

I'm willing to bet that if Wilson had to throw his team to victory, we'd see a noticeable increase in poor decisions and turnovers. How often on third down do we see Wilson roll out and hit some wide open receiver in the flat? He butchered the Broncos defense on third down last night with those type of plays. Those are plays that EVERYONE in the league can and will make.

Seattle changed the game with their defense and now we'll see teams try and mimic that blueprint. San Francisco and Seattle are virtually identical. But, Kaepernick makes more poor decisions with the football than Wilson does because Kaepernick has the better arm.
    I don't think people realize how good Wilson is, he's not a #s guy. That OL is Miami-esque and he makes so many plays moving around, moving the chains. I am very high on Wilson.

Wilson had to throw his team to victory the other night, they were making plays through the air when the game was in doubt.

Best qb ratings in Super Bowl

Simms 150
    Montana 147
    Plunket 145
    Aikman 140
    Young 135
    Williams 128
    Montana 127
    Flacco 124
    Russell Wilson 123

9th best ever. Every QB above him won the MVP with their efforts.

He threw the same number of passes as Simms but completed 4 less with one less TD. He was that close to matching Simms top effort.

Laugh all you want.
    I think he was much better than people are giving him credit but a lot of those #s were accumulated in garbage time. He played great in the 1st half despite lesser #s so whereas Simms was doing his statistical damage in meanginful time(for the most part) Wilson did most of his in garbage time.

Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    A record setting offense was shut down by one of the best playoff defenses in NFL history.

Russell Wilson had zero to do with that.

Again, he played very well. All they ask him to do is essentially hand the football to Lynch and hit the safety valve when he's forced to roll out. Nothing that Russell Wilson does blows anyone away.

If Wilson is forced to throw the football to beat you, he's really going to struggle.

If his team gets down 38-10, that game is over. I said the same thing on another but and made the comment that even at 38-10, Andrew Luck is at least capable of throwing you back into the game. I'll be damned if the kid didn't flat out win that game. One of the most amazing playoff performances of your lifetime.
    How many teams are coming back from 38-10 down in postseason? that's silly. Manning was down huge w/ the best talent in the league- how come they didn't come back?

Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    That's great and all, but it was 29-0 before Wilson had any affect on the game. He led a couple lousy FH drives with good field position. I don't give 2 ****s about qb rating.
    That's couldn't be less true. he was great in the 1st half, how many 3rd downs did he convert? and he had one more where they blew a replay challenge which could have led to more pts.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I don't think people realize how good Wilson is, he's not a #s guy. That OL is Miami-esque and he makes so many plays moving around, moving the chains. I am very high on Wilson.

Wilson had to throw his team to victory the other night, they were making plays through the air when the game was in doubt.

I think he was much better than people are giving him credit but a lot of those #s were accumulated in garbage time. He played great in the 1st half despite lesser #s so whereas Simms was doing his statistical damage in meanginful time(for the most part) Wilson did most of his in garbage time.

How many teams are coming back from 38-10 down in postseason? that's silly. Manning was down huge w/ the best talent in the league- how come they didn't come back?

That's couldn't be less true. he was great in the 1st half, how many 3rd downs did he convert? and he had one more where they blew a replay challenge which could have led to more pts.
    Wilson isnt garbage, but he never will be as good as Tannehill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Tannehill pretty much is the next John Elway if he keeps his head on straight. He had the strongest arm in the NFL and ridiculous athleticism.

Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by DolphinFanMD View Post
    Wilson isnt garbage, but he never will be as good as Tannehill.

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Tannehill pretty much is the next John Elway if he keeps his head on straight. He had the strongest arm in the NFL and ridiculous athleticism.

he will never be as good as Tannehill b/c he is light years better than him. So unless he drops back down to Ryan he won't be as good as him.

I am sorry, I didn't realize this was a goof post.
    Quote Quote