Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Could Daniel Thomas be the next Priest Holmes?

1. -31
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't smoke crack.

Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Brandon Thomas - OT/OG - Clemson
    6. Storm Johnson - RB - South Florida
    7. Calvin Barnett - DT - Oklahoma State

Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Priest Holmes was the f*cking man back in the day!
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinFanMD - Congratulations on challenging most of us who have been a tad underwhelmed by Daniel Thomas' contribution, to date. However, it is interesting to note that former OC, Mike Sherman, also repeatedly went out of his way to acknowledge DT. Some of us just saw Mike's comments as trying to encourage Daniel, given his good physical build.
    It will be interesting to see if Dennis Hickey wants to give him another go, hopefully with better O-line blocking, or if he decides to cut bait and put the money saved towards a veteran RB with better actual production.
    If I was the GM of a team with a good O-line, Thomas could be an intriguing pickup, because he's young enough to still have plenty of tread on the tire. Also interesting that the game he won for us was in Pittsburgh in snow and he overcame a significant injury the week before, to run like a beast.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spiketex View Post
    DolphinFanMD - Congratulations on challenging most of us who have been a tad underwhelmed by Daniel Thomas' contribution, to date. However, it is interesting to note that former OC, Mike Sherman, also repeatedly went out of his way to acknowledge DT. Some of us just saw Mike's comments as trying to encourage Daniel, given his good physical build.
    It will be interesting to see if Dennis Hickey wants to give him another go, hopefully with better O-line blocking, or if he decides to cut bait and put the money saved towards a veteran RB with better actual production.
    If I was the GM of a team with a good O-line, Thomas could be an intriguing pickup, because he's young enough to still have plenty of tread on the tire. Also interesting that the game he won for us was in Pittsburgh in snow and he overcame a significant injury the week before, to run like a beast.
    Oline is not good but when the other backs average 4 and u don't, the issue is with u. Its not like teams are stacking the box like they did against Ricky back in the day
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Oline is not good but when the other backs average 4 and u don't, the issue is with u. Its not like teams are stacking the box like they did against Ricky back in the day
    I checked your numbers and you are right. DT only averaged 3.7 yards per attempt but Miller averaged 4.0. Also interesting to note that DT's average was totally consistent with his two previous seasons in the NFL. However, it was interesting to observe that DT got 6 TDs (2 were caught) while Miller only got 2 TDs for the season. Considering DT got less than 60% of the carries than Lamar got (106 vs 177), his work, particularly in the red zone was probably better than I would have expected.
    Out of interest, what YPA average should we be seeing from DT?
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spiketex View Post
    I checked your numbers and you are right. DT only averaged 3.7 yards per attempt but Miller averaged 4.0. Also interesting to note that DT's average was totally consistent with his two previous seasons in the NFL. However, it was interesting to observe that DT got 6 TDs (2 were caught) while Miller only got 2 TDs for the season. Considering DT got less than 60% of the carries than Lamar got (106 vs 177), his work, particularly in the red zone was probably better than I would have expected.
    Out of interest, what YPA average should we be seeing from DT?
    I would say 4 per carry would be a fair number to me. Sometimes average per carry is deceiving like when we had Fielder at qb and Williams at rb after his monster season. He only averaged 3.5 a carry but teams were putting their whole defense in the box to stop him.
    Our line has did none of our backs any favors but without Long we really don't have a tackle to run behind.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    next generation

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rottenchester
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolphinFanMD View Post
    Priest took a while to figure it out, and I think Daniel had a similar skill set. I could see him succeeding behind a better oline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Similar skill set? You can't be serious. They're nothing's alike
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J Tes View Post
    Similar skill set? You can't be serious. They're nothing's alike
    I think Danial Thomas is just like Priest Holmes was in his final year. Outside of that nothing alike
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgetown, Texas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Let's get a third down back....hell bring back Jorvorski Lane, and put him at tailback on third and short. We had these light weights trying to bust it up for a yard and got slammed. It cost us several games.
    "I'll read anything Dolphin, even the crap Omar writes"
    Quote Quote