Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: National signing day!

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    I think they got Mario Cristobal the O line coach just to recruit S.Fla. Smart move.
    Yep...but he sucks as a coach.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Namor View Post
    You know what...Most of what people think about Nick is media based....(and you know how much Nick loves the media).
    What I'm getting at is...If Nick was as big a dick and scummy human being as what most people seem to think...why do recruits
    and their parents just love him to death,when they meet him..
    I don't give a crap what the media says, it is generally wrong or obvious anyway. I just don't like him because of his time in Miami. I grew up on Bama football so that was a tough pill to swallow when he went there from Miami.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    When I was a child I had a roll tide pendent on my bedroom wall.The first football game my dad took me to was the OB classic when Namath was QB at Bama. That said f**k sabin the lying peice of crap. Could not hack it in the big leagues.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    When I was a child I had a roll tide pendent on my bedroom wall.The first football game my dad took me to was the OB classic when Namath was QB at Bama. That said f**k sabin the lying peice of crap. Could not hack it in the big leagues.
    If more people would watch old Bama games when Joe Willie was QB,before his knees were shot out..they would understand how
    much of a true badass he was.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If more people would watch old Bama games when Joe Willie was QB,before his knees were shot out..they would understand how
    Stabler wasn't bad either but a little before my time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Namath,Stabler,Scott Hunter..great run of QB's at Bama..back in the day.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Back then Alabama football was a southern thing as they always represented the best program down this way.Everyone rooted for them vs the yankee teams. Bear was god.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If more people would watch old Bama games when Joe Willie was QB,before his knees were shot out..they would understand how much of a true badass he was.
    Never happen. The younger crowd prefers the laughable nonsense that Namath was overrated. They fixate on stats and somehow believe the game was played the same then as now.

I particularly love the theme that Namath didn't do much in the Super Bowl win. I attended that game as a kid. Namath was masterful. We were sitting in the west end zone, surrounded by members of the Baltimore Colts Corral. Professional fans in fancy attire. They were frustrated all game that Namath was slowing the game down and controlling possession. I can still hear them cursing under their breath, and shaking their heads. There wasn't a play clock in those days but you could do it in your head. It was obvious throughout that Namath was bleeding until the final seconds. It was brilliant strategy. The opening quarter demonstrated that Baltimore owned physical advantages. They blew the chance to take an early lead. Namath wasn't going to turn it into a free flowing game and allow the Colts to recover. Instead he made sure to control field position and ensure the fewest number of possessions possible. To this day it's one of the greatest quarterbacking performances I've ever seen. Winston Hill at left tackle was the Jets' best run blocker. Whenever Namath sensed that Hill was alone on that side, Namath changed the play and sent Matt Snell to the left.

Last weekend Peyton completed dozens of passes. Eventually the backfitting adjusters will claim Peyton had a good game.
    Quote Quote