In free agency, Miami needs to add a starting caliber offensive lineman.
My projection: Brandon Alberts
Resign: Grimes, Soliai, Clemens
1. CJ Mosley LB Alabama-- This would be the best case scenario for Miami. Mosley represents exactly what this team needs, a leader on defense, a huge upgrade at linebacker, the ability to cover. Questionable if Mosley makes it to #19, but I've seen mocks with him in the 20's. Would allow Miami to move Ellerbe to weakside, or to potentially go with more 3-4 sets and get Jordan more involved.
2. Antonio Richardson OT Tennessee -- Richardson is an ideal RT candidate who is currently being mocked in the 2nd round. I can see him going late first.
3. Dakota Dozier, OG Furman --- A LT at Furman, Dozier has the quickness to be an outstanding guard in a ZBS.
4. Daniel McCullers DT Tennessee -- A 2-down plugger in the middle with a lot of untapped talent (run stopper). If anyone can tweak his techniques and bring out his potentials it's Dolphins DL coach Rogers.
5. James Wilder Jr. RB Florida State --- I love Wilders' running style, which I think compares to some of the top backs in this draft. He drops because of injury and the fact that he wasn't the featured guy at Florida State. But, he can block, runs with power and doesn't have a lot of mileage. I like Hill on LSU and Hyde on Ohio State, but Miami would have to likely spend a 2nd rounder on those guys. I think we have to go offensive line there.
6. Conner Shaw, QB South Carolina --- An interesting guy with nice athletic ability. Great decision maker with accuracy in the short game. Developmental guy who could press Devlin or allow Miami to move Moore for salary cap space. I wonder how far Aaron Murray and AJ McCarron drop. Those are potential later round qb's who could help.
7. pick to Baltimore for McKinney ??? (don't know which pick Miami parted with)