Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My New Mock

1. -11
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat-London View Post
    If, as Hoops says, Mosley would line up at WOLB, then I would view it as a wasted pick as you have a player on the current roster who in my view would be a better solution than Wheeler there and that is Jordan.

I would view Mosley in the 1st as a wasted pick.
    i think if they played jordan at lb (which all indications are coyle has no interest in it) it would be strong...misis spot...barry jackson said as much on one of his insider takes that a dolphins official said that they like misi on the field on first down at strong and plan to keep it that way and have no lb plans for jordan

now obviously jordan at strong could stay on the field more than misi as a lb given his athleticism speed etc and coverage ability...i think if mosley came here it would be as wheelers replacement...i doubt it happens though cause they seem to think jelani jenkins as the next man up may be the guy...not sure i see that either...another poor instincts player inside and off tackle in the run game...more athlete than instincts
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    SF, I'd sign up for your mock right now. Wilder would be a steal in the 5th round. Mosley solves our run defense problems, an excellent prospect at TE and 2 linemen that could come right in and start for us. I really think Connor Shaw has potential, will he really be there in the 6th round? Great job, email this to Hickey.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    if mosley came here imo it would be to play wolb...replace wheeler...that's where i think his best pro fit is anyways 43 wolb...dozier that's probably where i think his value lies also stood out at the shrine game but i think his athleticism is a little overrated...not sure i see the great zbs fit either but he's interesting...i see movement skills similar to a john jerry...he's definitely on my board though i know that

wesley johnson i would see as more of a guard in our system his work at tackle isn't anything to get all that excited about imo...not the kind of foot athlete i want at tackle

daniel mccullers a lot of buyer beware there for me...untapped potential for sure and maybe rodgers can get something out of it...maybe...i would personally pass...

i wouldn't burn a pick on connor shaw at all...i see no value there at all...
    I know the staff likes Jordan at DE, but I'd love to see him play linebacker over Misi. I like Mosley at MLB in our system, but he's obviously has the versatility to play outside. I'd also like to see Miami sign two mid-level starting offensive linemen in free agency to make that less of an issue entering the draft. If that happens, it opens things up for other possibilities like Ebron, Mosley, Ealy (Wake is 32) etc.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BSQ View Post
    SF, I'd sign up for your mock right now. Wilder would be a steal in the 5th round. Mosley solves our run defense problems, an excellent prospect at TE and 2 linemen that could come right in and start for us. I really think Connor Shaw has potential, will he really be there in the 6th round? Great job, email this to Hickey.
    I kept looking at tight ends as well, but once you get past the top few I don't know if any would be upgrades -- and we have so many other needs. I like Shaw. I think he goes 6-7th round.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would love to see Miami draft some Noles, but I do have some concerns on Wilder. Wilder runs upright and with wreckless abandon. He takes a lot of hits, and gets nicked up a lot. Wilder has big play potential and is hard to bring down, but runs a bit out of control. Freeman beat him out as the primary back because he is just more polished and much better picking up blitzes than Wilder. I would be fine taking him in the 5th, but if I had a choice of Freeman or Wilder I would go Freeman, but you are gonna have to take him probably in the third round.

I do like the mock though, although may look different in round one.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like your picks. I think Mosley would be an outstanding pick. He is my BPA for need in that spot.
    I also like your oline selections and Wilder in the 5th.
    I would wait on the QB. I would look for a fullback for short yardage with the 6.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Morris (Iowa) more than Borland.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers. - Voltaire

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoFin View Post
    I would love to see Miami draft some Noles, but I do have some concerns on Wilder. Wilder runs upright and with wreckless abandon. He takes a lot of hits, and gets nicked up a lot. Wilder has big play potential and is hard to bring down, but runs a bit out of control. Freeman beat him out as the primary back because he is just more polished and much better picking up blitzes than Wilder. I would be fine taking him in the 5th, but if I had a choice of Freeman or Wilder I would go Freeman, but you are gonna have to take him probably in the third round.

I do like the mock though, although may look different in round one.
    I have been thinking about Wilder and believe that you are right, Freeman may be a huge steal. He has a heart as big as a truck and runs hard. He wasn't recruited high but beat out a lot of talent for a couple of years. He can do it all and appears to have a great attitude. I wouldn't mind him in the third or fourth.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    In free agency, Miami needs to add a starting caliber offensive lineman.

My projection: Brandon Alberts
    Resign: Grimes, Soliai, Clemens

1. CJ Mosley LB Alabama-- This would be the best case scenario for Miami. Mosley represents exactly what this team needs, a leader on defense, a huge upgrade at linebacker, the ability to cover. Questionable if Mosley makes it to #19, but I've seen mocks with him in the 20's. Would allow Miami to move Ellerbe to weakside, or to potentially go with more 3-4 sets and get Jordan more involved.
    2. Antonio Richardson OT Tennessee -- Richardson is an ideal RT candidate who is currently being mocked in the 2nd round. I can see him going late first.
    3. Dakota Dozier, OG Furman --- A LT at Furman, Dozier has the quickness to be an outstanding guard in a ZBS.
    4. Daniel McCullers DT Tennessee -- A 2-down plugger in the middle with a lot of untapped talent (run stopper). If anyone can tweak his techniques and bring out his potentials it's Dolphins DL coach Rogers.
    5. James Wilder Jr. RB Florida State --- I love Wilders' running style, which I think compares to some of the top backs in this draft. He drops because of injury and the fact that he wasn't the featured guy at Florida State. But, he can block, runs with power and doesn't have a lot of mileage. I like Hill on LSU and Hyde on Ohio State, but Miami would have to likely spend a 2nd rounder on those guys. I think we have to go offensive line there.
    6. Conner Shaw, QB South Carolina --- An interesting guy with nice athletic ability. Great decision maker with accuracy in the short game. Developmental guy who could press Devlin or allow Miami to move Moore for salary cap space. I wonder how far Aaron Murray and AJ McCarron drop. Those are potential later round qb's who could help.
    7. pick to Baltimore for McKinney ??? (don't know which pick Miami parted with)
    I am hoping that Miami drafts Dakota Dozier to play Guard. I think he is going to have a great career as an interior lineman. Not sure if he is best suited for a ZBS, but I think he could play in most any system at a high level. That is just watching some highlights and seeing some of his drills at the combine. He caught my eye as one of the guys that could help improve this line as a Rookie. But that is not saying much as we had the worst OL in the league last year.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I have been thinking about Wilder and believe that you are right, Freeman may be a huge steal. He has a heart as big as a truck and runs hard. He wasn't recruited high but beat out a lot of talent for a couple of years. He can do it all and appears to have a great attitude. I wouldn't mind him in the third or fourth.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Freeman reminds me of Curtis Martin, doesn't do anything really spectacular but at the end of the day he puts up good numbers. The one thing about Freeman is the first contact does not bring him down most of the time and he is usually falling forward. I think he's going to be a third-fourth round pick and will be a solid starter in the NFL.
    Quote Quote