Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 125

Thread: I am coming out of the closet.... this is hard to do but....

Hybrid View

  1. -1
    rev kev's Avatar
    ihaveprettyfeet

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    8,169
    vCash:
    16001
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks

    I am coming out of the closet.... this is hard to do but....

    As a minority on FH I think it is important that I tell you who I am - it is important to be who I am - (swallow) I am a Christian - that's right - the Rev stands for Reverend and not simply a lead foot - I am just glad to get that off my chest as we go forward...
    Pastor stands up in Church from the pulpit and asks the congregation if they know what the resurrection is about? Small child in a pew puts his hands up and would like to answer, pastor asks the child to answer, Boy says "If the resurrection persists over 4 hours you have to call a doctor"
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    NY8123's Avatar
    Sophisticated Redneck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    11,947
    vCash:
    7715
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rev kev View Post
    As a minority on FH I think it is important that I tell you who I am - it is important to be who I am - (swallow) I am a Christian - that's right - the Rev stands for Reverend and not simply a lead foot - I am just glad to get that off my chest as we go forward...
    and to think I had you pegged as a Jehovah Wittiness.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    mrbunglez's Avatar
    Reading Is Fundamental

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    2,963
    vCash:
    9853
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

    I am coming out of the closet.... this is hard to do but....

    Satan loves you. Jus kiddin'
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    WVDolphan's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    15,018
    vCash:
    21879
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Id also like to take this opportunity to come out and say......... Italian foods are my favorite. Im a big fan of lasagna. I know that is really important to how well I post and my role here at FH. I also do not like seafood.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    finomenal's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    2,826
    vCash:
    3481
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wvdolphan View Post
    id also like to take this opportunity to come out and say......... Italian foods are my favorite. Im a big fan of lasagna. I know that is really important to how well i post and my role here at fh. I also do not like seafood.
    you hate seafood! Seafoodphobe! Seafood bigot!
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    J. David Wannyheimer's Avatar
    The truth is out there.

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    15,769
    vCash:
    54121
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Well, rev, you might not want to click on the Michael Sam thread unless you're prepared to face the fact that despite anything else in your life, you're actually a terrible human being who brutally imposes your antiquated and unjust beliefs on everyone around you in a most dictatorial and repugnant fashion. According to three or four guys on a message board, anyway.


    This sig in memory of 'Crazylegs' Elroy Hirsch. Go. Packers.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    rev kev's Avatar
    ihaveprettyfeet

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    8,169
    vCash:
    16001
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    Well, rev, you might not want to click on the Michael Sam thread unless you're prepared to face the fact that despite anything else in your life, you're actually a terrible human being who brutally imposes your antiquated and unjust beliefs on everyone around you in a most dictatorial and repugnant fashion. According to three or four guys on a message board, anyway.
    It would surprise those same 4 people "who" I actually pastor
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    HoneyB's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2013
    Posts:
    1,545
    vCash:
    9775
    Loc:
    Broward County, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    Well, rev, you might not want to click on the Michael Sam thread unless you're prepared to face the fact that despite anything else in your life, you're actually a terrible human being who brutally imposes your antiquated and unjust beliefs on everyone around you in a most dictatorial and repugnant fashion. According to three or four guys on a message board, anyway.
    Interjecting here...

    I ran into this thread on "new posts".

    It's fine to talk RELIGION in the RELIGION section. But when we're talking about football, and a (fill in the blank with a minority) is simply saying they're entering the draft, there shouldn't be a religious uproar by a select few. The thread was hijacked, period. All conversation then ended. And as you saw, a bickering back and forth between religious fundamentalists and fans, ensued.

    Most of us are Christians. But if some Christians want to discriminate, then they won't find themselves welcome anywhere, except in communities which accept this view. That's not my opinion, Wanny, that's the nation's opinion. I could disappear tomorrow, in fact all of the posters on here could be gone, and the reality will stay the same. Christians are welcome when they treat people with dignity and when they follow the law. If they don't, then I feel bad for them.


    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    rev kev's Avatar
    ihaveprettyfeet

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    8,169
    vCash:
    16001
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyB View Post
    Interjecting here...

    I ran into this thread on "new posts".

    It's fine to talk RELIGION in the RELIGION section. But when we're talking about football, and a (fill in the blank with a minority) is simply saying they're entering the draft, there shouldn't be a religious uproar by a select few. The thread was hijacked, period. All conversation then ended. And as you saw, a bickering back and forth between religious fundamentalists and fans, ensued.

    Most of us are Christians. But if some Christians want to discriminate, then they won't find themselves welcome anywhere, except in communities which accept this view. That's not my opinion, Wanny, that's the nation's opinion. I could disappear tomorrow, in fact all of the posters on here could be gone, and the reality will stay the same. Christians are welcome when they treat people with dignity and when they follow the law. If they don't, then I feel bad for them.
    I like what you have to say,HoneyB and Jesus never chased anyone down with a cruel "sign", in fact he chased no one, carried no sign, he was himself and he was disowned by his own.

    Jesus was "perfect" in all his interactions and yet he wasn't welcome everywhere, in fact he said the world will hate you on account of me. (Matthew 10:22 and John 15:18)

    And that is the friction if you will, you don't have to say or do anything, people their defense mechanisms are already set in place, the Christian abuse so severe, the spiritual damages run deep, these wounds basically immunize them from the truth of what Jesus is trying to share.

    Mosiacs/Generation X/Busters don't mistrust God like their forefathers the Boomers (incidently many Boomers returned to Church) Gen Xers dislike and hate Christians, and give every indication that they believe in God but don't want to be ever associated with the Church. This is telling
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    phinzfan21's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    1,285
    vCash:
    3712
    Loc:
    Tennessee
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Me too, brother. Nothing means more to me than my walk with Jesus and striving to do His will on this earth.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    http://www.finheaven.com/signaturepics/sigpic30273_1.gif
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Tom Brady came out of the closet???
    By Phinz Up in forum The Depths of the Sea
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 01:57 PM
  2. Closet Dolphins Fan
    By WeVie in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-25-2008, 12:37 PM
  3. Ricky Martin Defends Coming Out Of Closet
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-31-2007, 08:51 AM
  4. A lot of Closet fin fans all over !!!!
    By Mr.offerdahl in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-17-2005, 01:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •