Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: I am coming out of the closet.... this is hard to do but....

1. -11
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=phinzfan21;1065007186]haha....okay cool. Thought maybe so, but I was starting to wonder if I had misunderstood part of the humor of your post.[/QUOTE] no ya got me right - and still not sure what religion has to do with football?
    Pastor stands up in Church from the pulpit and asks the congregation if they know what the resurrection is about? Small child in a pew puts his hands up and would like to answer, pastor asks the child to answer, Boy says "If the resurrection persists over 4 hours you have to call a doctor"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tennessee
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've actually cut back a lot on football. Used to have 3 TVs setup on the weekends for college and pro games....now I don't have cable and felt convicted to spend more time in the word, praying and trying to serve others with my life. Still love the phins though =)
    http://www.finheaven.com/signaturepics/sigpic30273_1.gif
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    United kingdom
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am a Christian too and getting a whole heap of grief off posters in another forum I frequent as I am a bigot for stating I agree with God / the bible that homosexuality is a sin.. ce la vie
    Your word is a lamp to my feet and a lamp to my path - Psalm 119:105
    Jesus I love you my saviour - thank you for saving me.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by syborg View Post
    I am a Christian too and getting a whole heap of grief off posters in another forum I frequent as I am a bigot for stating I agree with God / the bible that homosexuality is a sin.. ce la vie
    ultimately God wants us to know he loves and forgives us - period!! Sexuality like other sins is secondary to the first point. Unfortunately, our main stream Christians feel that people have to sort out their sexuality to know God and his love and this is not supported in Scripture. Where it is supported you will see a list of sins not only "sexual" but sins of the heart which lie beneath the surface. These sins keep us from knowing God's heart. The reason I started this post is to suggest an agenda by Sam that should not exist. Football and sex have as much in common as Christianity and Football. What you do in your own time is between you and your God/god
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tennessee
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Love the sinner, hate the sin. We all sin.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    United kingdom
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree with you, however when the topic of religion vs homosexuality is raised and I make a statement on the biblical stance ... well you know how it goes....
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm Catholic and I have masturbated and had sex out of wedlock a total of 763,421 times (the bulk of that masturbation of course), how many Hail Mary's and Our Fathers do i have to say in order to be forgiven?
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    United kingdom
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    I'm Catholic and I have masturbated and had sex out of wedlock a total of 763,421 times (the bulk of that masturbation of course), how many Hail Mary's and Our Fathers do i have to say in order to be forgiven?
    None as hail marys and our fathers do not cleanse you.. only forgiveness through Christ can do that..'if we confess our sins he is faithful and just to cleanse us from all unrighteousness'
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rev kev View Post
    ultimately God wants us to know he loves and forgives us - period!! Sexuality like other sins is secondary to the first point. Unfortunately, our main stream Christians feel that people have to sort out their sexuality to know God and his love and this is not supported in Scripture. Where it is supported you will see a list of sins not only "sexual" but sins of the heart which lie beneath the surface. These sins keep us from knowing God's heart. The reason I started this post is to suggest an agenda by Sam that should not exist. Football and sex have as much in common as Christianity and Football. What you do in your own time is between you and your God/god
    I am glad you said this, I feel very much the same. Everyone has to be accountable for their thoughts and actions but God's love is unwavering. Whether gay sex is a sin or not is irrelevant, Christ loves Michael Sam and I do as well. Who he chooses to love or make love to is his to be accountable for and ultimately is not my business for the most part.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by syborg View Post
    None as hail marys and our fathers do not cleanse you.. only forgiveness through Christ can do that..'if we confess our sins he is faithful and just to cleanse us from all unrighteousness'
    Yes but then Father makes me say Hail Marrys and Our Fathers, a boat load lol.
    Quote Quote