Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: David Yankey-Dolphins pick in Draftdaddy Mock

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    WalterFootball has us picking him in the second
    I think if we pass him up in the 1st, he will not be there in the 2nd.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yankey is one of those guys who could go anywhere from 19 to 60 depending on how teams feel that day. He doesn't explode out at you, doesn't dominate, just does everything well, no mistakes. If he were a bit meaner and more physical he'd be a lot like David DeCastro.
    Failure isn't fatal. Failure to change might be. - John Wooden
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The problem with Stanford players is they seem to hit there ceiling in college. At least most of them do.

The amount of Stanford players in the NFL that havnt done anything, or have done less than there draft position is pretty high.

My theory on that, is that these kids come from good homes, money, 2 parent homes, there super disciplined and obviously smart, and had the foresight snd direction to work hard throughout there childhood and teen years. That lead them to hitting there ceiling earlier than guys who didn't have that growing u, but maybe are more physically gifted.

I have no clue if thats true or not. But thats my theory.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Myers
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can't discriminate against a school because of one prospect not working. Besides, none of us will ever know the extent that poor coaching and total tools for team mates had to do with Martins bad play.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    You guys make me nervous...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greenville, MS
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xXwarXx View Post
    The problem with Stanford players is they seem to hit there ceiling in college. At least most of them do.

The amount of Stanford players in the NFL that havnt done anything, or have done less than there draft position is pretty high.

My theory on that, is that these kids come from good homes, money, 2 parent homes, there super disciplined and obviously smart, and had the foresight snd direction to work hard throughout there childhood and teen years. That lead them to hitting there ceiling earlier than guys who didn't have that growing u, but maybe are more physically gifted.

I have no clue if thats true or not. But thats my theory.
    that's an interesting theory, Bama players tend to do the same thing so the non broken home observation might be incorrect. It seems to me that their respective coaching staffs develop the players talent really well and mask their deficiencies so when it comes draft time the players are overdrafted so they don't perform up to their draft position.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jnewmant View Post
    that's an interesting theory, Bama players tend to do the same thing so the non broken home observation might be incorrect. It seems to me that their respective coaching staffs develop the players talent really well and mask their deficiencies so when it comes draft time the players are overdrafted so they don't perform up to their draft position.
    I dunno, I tink the bama kids are doing pretty good in the NFL. Stanford on the other hand has had a lot of players make it to the NFL, many of them drafted high, most not doing so well.
    Quote Quote