Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Mike Mayock's Positional Rankings

1. -1
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

Mike Mayock's Positional Rankings

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0ap...2014-nfl-draft

Mike Mayock has released his first positional rankings.

Quarterback
    1. Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville
    2. Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
    3. Blake Bortles, Central Florida
    4. Derek Carr, Fresno State
    5. AJ McCarron, Alabama

Running back
    1. Carlos Hyde, Ohio State
    2. Jeremy Hill, LSU
    3. Bishop Sankey, Washington
    4. Andre Williams, Boston College
    5. Tre Mason, Auburn

Wide receiver
    1. Sammy Watkins, Clemson
    2. Marqise Lee, USC
    3. Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    4. Kelvin Benjamin, Florida State
    5. Jarvis Landry, LSU

Tight end
    1. Eric Ebron, North Carolina
    2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3. Jace Amaro, Texas Tech
    4. Troy Niklas, Notre Dame
    5. C.J. Fiedorowicz, Iowa

Center
    1. Marcus Martin, USC
    2. Weston Richburg, Colorado State
    3. Travis Swanson, Arkansas
    4. Bryan Stork, Florida State
    5. Gabe Ikard, Oklahoma

Guard
    1. David Yankey, Stanford
    2. Xavier Su'a-Filo, UCLA
    3. Gabe Jackson, Mississippi State
    4. Chris Watt, Notre Dame
    5. Cyril Richardson, Baylor

Offensive tackle
    1. Jake Matthews, Texas A&M
    2. Greg Robinson, Auburn
    3. Taylor Lewan, Michigan
    4. Zack Martin, Notre Dame
    5. Cyrus Kouandjio, Alabama

Defensive tackle
    1. Louis Nix III, Notre Dame
    2. Timmy Jernigan, Florida State
    3. Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh
    4. Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota
    5. Dominique Easley, Florida

Defensive end
    1. Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina
    2. Kony Ealy, Missouri
    3. Dee Ford, Auburn
    4. Scott Crichton, Oregon State
    5. Trent Murphy, Stanford

Linebacker
    1. Khalil Mack, Buffalo
    2. C.J. Mosley, Alabama
    3. Anthony Barr, UCLA
    4. Chris Borland, Wisconsin
    5. Ryan Shazier, Ohio State

Cornerback
    1. Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State
    2. Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State
    3. Kyle Fuller, Virginia Tech
    4. Jason Verrett, TCU
    5. Bradley Roby, Ohio State

Safety
    1. Calvin Pryor, Louisville
    2. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Alabama
    3. Lamarcus Joyner, Florida State
    4. Jimmie Ward, Northern Illinois
    5. Deone Bucannon, Washington State

Thoughts?

Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Personally I love these...it really lines up with what I've picked up on for a lot of guys, my takeaways are:

No Kadeem Carey, I've seen him as the top RB for a # of guys and frankly I don't see it. i think his game opens him up to a lot of injuries and that at the next level he's gonna be an injury risk. Among the RB's only Andre Williams would be out of my top 5, I've got the other 4 rounding out my top 4.

Teddy Bridgewater to me is without a doubt the best QB prospect in this class, and the only top 10 talent.

Don't see eye to eye on Timmy Jernigan or Kony Ealy. Think he's too low on Amaro. Love where he has Anthony Barr, I feel like in a draft this deep a guy like Dion Jordan would be rated more around where Barr will ultimately end up. Denard's my favorite corner in this draft, I also like Kyle Fuller. Only place I have issues with is his WR rankings as I'm not high on Benjamin or Lee, think Allen Robinson has to be included in any top 5. Calvin Pryor's a stud.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There really isn't much here I'd argue against. I don't agree with hill at 2, I like Evans over Lee.

I like that we agree on amaro, I remember a lot of people had him #1 at one point which IMO IMO is nuts, along with Bortles being considered a #1 pick, also like that he has pryor over Dix. Martin over Kouindijo shows just how much of let down Kouindijo was compared that what he was projected to be. As a potential draft pick for us, that he really scares me about him. I'd also put CJ Mosley as my #1 ILB.

Yeah overall, I've probably never agreed with a pre draft rank as much as this one.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i'm with him on ealy...that kids got edge rush tools to work with and develop and potential high end stuff down the line...very raw right now but as a 43 de pass rusher he'd be one i covet...his talent blows away his teammate michael sam

after mack he's probably the guy who's tools i like the most on the edge...top 20 pick due to the upside i'd say
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    I'm your huckleberry

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Like to see him extend it out to at least a top ten
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i'm with him on ealy...that kids got edge rush tools to work with and develop and potential high end stuff down the line...very raw right now but as a 43 de pass rusher he'd be one i covet...his talent blows away his teammate michael sam

after mack he's probably the guy who's tools i like the most on the edge...top 20 pick due to the upside i'd say
    I actually think Ealy is a sleeper pick for Miami at #19. He's probably gone before that, maybe top 12. But if he's there, depending on who else is available, that's a pick that could make a lot of sense for several reasons.

First, Wake is 32 so you've got to assume he slows down some in the next couple of years. Secondly, the jury is out on Jordan. I think Jordan still emerges as a quality pass rusher, but I don't like hearing that Miami doesn't see him at linebacker. I feel he could thrive there. Thirdly, Ealy is versatile and talented. He could possibly play linebacker or DE but I feel DE is his best spot.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    I actually think Ealy is a sleeper pick for Miami at #19. He's probably gone before that, maybe top 12. But if he's there, depending on who else is available, that's a pick that could make a lot of sense for several reasons.

First, Wake is 32 so you've got to assume he slows down some in the next couple of years. Secondly, the jury is out on Jordan. I think Jordan still emerges as a quality pass rusher, but I don't like hearing that Miami doesn't see him at linebacker. I feel he could thrive there. Thirdly, Ealy is versatile and talented. He could possibly play linebacker or DE but I feel DE is his best spot.
    the thing is they have enough of a hard time getting jordan snaps i can't see them adding another guy right now that would eat into guys reps even more when they have a 2 deep de unit that will play...i can't see shelbys value going away either cause he graded out as the best run defender in the bunch and with our lb play that matters

ealys good talent no doubt about it...just very raw...
    Quote Quote