Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Virginia Gay Marriage

1. -1
    Hokies class of 2016

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ford LogoDolphins HomerTannehill 17Snakes!Xbox Logo
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Didn't see the link, but there is an interesting link to an alternative to the Boy scouts. It is called Trail Life. It is private and religious based and not open to gay counselors or gay children under 18.
    It seems to be growing quickly and taking members of the BSA that do not agree with their inclusion of openly gay men and boys. Good for them. Looks like the BSA is on it's way out.
    Now there are choices for religious parents and those who do not agree, or want their kids around homosexuality during their formative years.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    Didn't see the link, but there is an interesting link to an alternative to the Boy scouts. It is called Trail Life. It is private and religious based and not open to gay counselors or gay children under 18.
    It seems to be growing quickly and taking members of the BSA that do not agree with their inclusion of openly gay men and boys. Good for them. Looks like the BSA is on it's way out.
    Now there are choices for religious parents and those who do not agree, or want their kids around homosexuality during their formative years.
    Yep, I'm sure there won't be any gay activity going on in that new Christian group.
    Jim

"A criminal is a person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation."

The Evolution of the Tannehill Booster

First Stage: Tannehill is going to be a star in this league.
    Second Stage: Tannehill is better than RGIII, Wilson, etc.
    Third Stage: Tannehill is better than some other AFC East quarterback except Tom Brady.
    Fourth Stage: Tannehill isn't the only problem on the team.

Not even their mothers can tell them apart.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JTC111 View Post
    Yep, I'm sure there won't be any gay activity going on in that new Christian group.
    You can only hope so...
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    You can only hope so...
    I wouldn't bet any money on it. The only reason that organization formed is to be an anti-gay alternative to the Boy Scouts. And like any anti-gay organization or platform, it's going to attract closeted homosexuals in denial of their own sexuality who have spent their entire lives trying to convince themselves that they aren't gay and that thing they did under the porch with their best friend when they were 14 was just a little experimenting and every guy has done it ...only every guy hasn't done it. It's really a shame so many people have to grow up ashamed of who they really are.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldn't bet any money on it. The only reason that organization formed is to be an anti-gay alternative to the Boy Scouts. And like any anti-gay organization or platform, it's going to attract closeted homosexuals in denial of their own sexuality who have spent their entire lives trying to convince themselves that they aren't gay and that thing they did under the porch with their best friend when they were 14 was just a little experimenting and every guy has done it ...only every guy hasn't done it. It's really a shame so many people have to grow up ashamed of who they really are.
    What are you even talking about? Making up a hypothetical about things going on under a porch between to boys, and then saying it is a shame that people have to grow up ashamed? What does that have to do with the alternative to the boy scouts? They don't have to be ashamed. They can go join the boy scouts. I think it is great that there is another option for parents who don't want there young boys or girls around homosexuals. You may not have an issue with a gay man leading and spending nights with young boys. Good for you. Your kid can join the boy scouts. I'm sure there are plenty of gay men that could do the job properly, but there is more of a potential for issues. I don't think a gay man should be leading and spending nights with boys. Just like I wouldn't want a man and young boys leading and spending nights with a group of young girls.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    jesus more homophobic posturing because they feel that the boy scouts will become some platform to promote being gay.
    Homosexuality is a sin so do they think that their entire base or any of their base will be without sin. I remember 2 years ago we heard all the idiots saying how bad the military would be with gays being allowed to be gay. The military is no different except people don't have to hide their sexual pref.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingit View Post
    What are you even talking about? Making up a hypothetical about things going on under a porch between to boys, and then saying it is a shame that people have to grow up ashamed? What does that have to do with the alternative to the boy scouts? They don't have to be ashamed. They can go join the boy scouts. I think it is great that there is another option for parents who don't want there young boys or girls around homosexuals. You may not have an issue with a gay man leading and spending nights with young boys. Good for you. Your kid can join the boy scouts. I'm sure there are plenty of gay men that could do the job properly, but there is more of a potential for issues. I don't think a gay man should be leading and spending nights with boys. Just like I wouldn't want a man and young boys leading and spending nights with a group of young girls.
    Yea because gay is the same as pedophile lol. You do realize that you could have just as easily have a gay or a pedophile with your kids in this new organization. Being a Priest held to quite a high standard and yet we get plenty of cases of boys being messed with by priests.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Yea because gay is the same as pedophile lol. You do realize that you could have just as easily have a gay or a pedophile with your kids in this new organization. Being a Priest held to quite a high standard and yet we get plenty of cases of boys being messed with by priests.
    That is certainly a possibility just as it is with all things in life. The difference is one group doesn't have a problem with men who are attracted to other men leading boys. I think there is more of a potential for issues just like there is more potential for issues for straight men leading a group of girls.

If my boy wanted to be an alter boy, I would rather him work at a Church that doesn't allow gay Priest. That's just me. Is there a potential that something bad might happen in the Church that doesn't allow gay Preist? Sure there is. I just think there is a greater potential for someone who is already attracted to the same sex. I'm sorry if that offends you. That is why I don't visit the political forum very often.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gay Holocaust is next.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote