Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Combine measurements: OL

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by matt11390 View Post
    Really think Bodine will make a good guard. Could get him in the 2nd or 3rd.
    Bodine cranked out 42 reps of 225...tops of all the OL.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Bodine cranked out 42 reps of 225...tops of all the OL.
    You notice his arm length...32 1/2. Not the only factor, but a definite advantage in the BP.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xXwarXx View Post
    I hate Ireland with a passion. So I'm not trying to defend him by any means. But if there is one thing Irelsnd did, consistently, before philbin got here, was draft tough physical players. Whether they were good or bad, they were at least tough guys who were physical.

Dallas Thomas, will Davis, jonathan Martin, even lamar miller, these guys that started showing up when philbin got here, these guys are soft. These aren't guys Parcells or Ireland would even look at IMO.

The only real soft player Ireland ever drafted was Daniel Thomas, and I always had a feeling Sparano pushed for that. Ireland gets the blame because he's the gm, but there's no way philbin and his entire staff come here without some kind of pull on the draft.
    Wasn't Jeff the Tweener guy?

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DKphin View Post
    You notice his arm length...32 1/2. Not the only factor, but a definite advantage in the BP.
    Yes but Cyrus needs work - 21 c'mon
    C. Patterson gets indefinitely suspended for "not showing up" and Buttfumble got a raise for "not showing up" - go figure how the JESTS world works?
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DKphin View Post
    42 reps is working it regardless of arm length.

Brandon Thomas who has 34 3/4" arms did 35 reps and Greg Robinson with 35" arms did 32 reps...And Antonio Richardson with 35" arms did 36 reps.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    thanks for this...will help with my oline hoops scoops prospect break down i'm working on putting out after i get done with all the tape...this is the reason we didnt make the postseason so i'm putting a lions share of time into it over the next month or so
    Look forward to it and very interested to see where you have Antonio Richardson - have a strong opinion on this kid being a stud at the next level.
    Pat
    Offensive Coordinator
    www.londonblitz.com
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xXwarXx View Post
    Its going to be very hard for this team to pass on Martin IMO.

But than again WTF do I know, I never expected us to draft Dallas Thomas and will Davis. the talent we passed on for these two guys, they better show something this year.
    I think what you might consider is that this probably means that neither Taylor Lewan no Zack Martin fall to 19. If we want one of them we may have to trade up. About a year ago Lane Johnson was considered a 3rd round pick ... and that all changed once people started getting his measurables at the combine.

I was vehemently against the Dallas Thomas pick ... he didn't look like someone who wanted it or understood it to me. That proved to be correct. Similarly, I don't want any OL from Tennessee in this draft either. But, after the awesome measurables that Antonio Richardson put up, it's probably more likely that we pick him (blech) at 19 instead of Zack Martin. Also, Ju'Wuan James is probably in the mix for us after the first round. Frankly, I don't like either as a prospect ... they remind me too much of John Jerry coming out. The University of Tennessee puts out some fantastic prospects every year. It's a truly amazing school. But, somewhere, someone associated with their OL just didn't instill the right stuff in their OL.

So, when these measurements come out, just remember, everyone else is drawing the same information out of them. Beware the workout warrior ... if their tape wasn't dazzling in college, chances are it will not be dazzling in the pros. Zack Martin's was dazzling, and now without the worry of his arm length being dinosaur-like, he will move up draft boards.
    "I want guys who want to make an impact on and off the field. Good human beings. Guys who want to get better. Guys who want to improve. They want to be great, want to win. Those types of guys we can work with every day." --Joe Philbin
    - Defending the Read Option - What do you think?
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So far, Greg Robinson has been putting in some good work.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    To be honest, I was surprised that Brandon Linder measured out so well. I expect his stock to rise. The kid has some talent, and if he does well in the agility tests and the positional drills he could rise into the mid rounds.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I never liked the mocks that had Cyrus Kouandijo going to us, always thought he was a bit overrated, and now after today there's no way we can take him. He's slow, stiff and not a fit. 5.5 40-yard and a 1.87 10-yard split...no thanks.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lewan running a 4.85 with a 1.64 10yd split. That is fu!@#ng nuts!
    Quote Quote