Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Combine measurements: OL

1. -41
    Too high to fail

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finsfanjay13 View Post
    Greg Robinson has definitely solidified himself as a first rounder unless he breaks something during the rest of his workouts.
    1st rounder? They're talking about him being first OL taken. Dude is an athletic freak. Needs work on his pass pro.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    I knew that Lewan was more athletic than he was being given credit for. Kind of reminds me of Staley, and this locks in that comparison for me.
    I've been saying that for months. The kid was recruited for the spread option run by Rich Rodriguez. If he checks out character wise he's gonna go up the boards
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tl77 View Post
    1st rounder? They're talking about him being first OL taken. Dude is an athletic freak. Needs work on his pass pro.
    Which would be in the first round, right?
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    I've been saying that for months. The kid was recruited for the spread option run by Rich Rodriguez. If he checks out character wise he's gonna go up the boards
    Yup. If a team really values Robinson as a brilliant run blocker (as I do), no one is overtaking him. But I think he can overtake Matthews. Bucky Brooks put it pretty well when he said that both Lewan and Matthews are sound technicians, but Lewan has more athletic upside. Aslo, for a lineman, Lewan is ripped. In his interview, he mentioned how seriously he takes nutrition, and it shows. The idea of drafting Martin over Lewan should now die. Of course, this also cements him going well before we draft.

Lewan had the second best Broad Jump for an O-lineman since 2006 (1 inch short of Lane Johnson's 9'9 last year).
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Too high to fail

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finsfanjay13 View Post
    Which would be in the first round, right?
    lol ya. Just funny reading it the way you put it. More than likely he solidified himself as a top 10 pick. Wasn't picking on your post man.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Too high to fail

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tony Pauline (Longtime NFL Draft Analyst & Publisher of DraftInsider.net)
    ‏@TonyPauline
    Back from combine workout. Bills scout commented earlier, "Cyrus Kouandjio say goodbye to round one"...sluggish, slow & totally unprepared.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    lol ya. Just funny reading it the way you put it. More than likely he solidified himself as a top 10 pick. Wasn't picking on your post man.
    I don't disagree that he should be a top-10 pick. All I was saying is that if anyone had reservations about his first round worthiness, those are probably gone now.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Too high to fail

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    I never liked the mocks that had Cyrus Kouandijo going to us, always thought he was a bit overrated, and now after today there's no way we can take him. He's slow, stiff and not a fit. 5.5 40-yard and a 1.87 10-yard split...no thanks.
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
    Bad news for #Bama OT Cyrus Kouandjio. Im told several teams have failed him on his physical. Arthritic knee from failed surgery. Ugly.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    I think what you might consider is that this probably means that neither Taylor Lewan no Zack Martin fall to 19. If we want one of them we may have to trade up. About a year ago Lane Johnson was considered a 3rd round pick ... and that all changed once people started getting his measurables at the combine.

I was vehemently against the Dallas Thomas pick ... he didn't look like someone who wanted it or understood it to me. That proved to be correct. Similarly, I don't want any OL from Tennessee in this draft either. But, after the awesome measurables that Antonio Richardson put up, it's probably more likely that we pick him (blech) at 19 instead of Zack Martin. Also, Ju'Wuan James is probably in the mix for us after the first round. Frankly, I don't like either as a prospect ... they remind me too much of John Jerry coming out. The University of Tennessee puts out some fantastic prospects every year. It's a truly amazing school. But, somewhere, someone associated with their OL just didn't instill the right stuff in their OL.

So, when these measurements come out, just remember, everyone else is drawing the same information out of them. Beware the workout warrior ... if their tape wasn't dazzling in college, chances are it will not be dazzling in the pros. Zack Martin's was dazzling, and now without the worry of his arm length being dinosaur-like, he will move up draft boards.
    Agreed, if we want Martin we probably need to move ahead of bmore at least.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
    Bad news for #Bama OT Cyrus Kouandjio. Im told several teams have failed him on his physical. Arthritic knee from failed surgery. Ugly.
    I forgot which thread it was, but I speculated in another thread recently that there was someone wrong with him that we didn't know about, so that makes a lot sense.

Really to bad, this guy could been a top 5 draft pick, you could tell season something wasn't right.
    Quote Quote