Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Better NFL Career RT or Johnny Football?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • RT

94 71.21%
  • Johnny Football

24 18.18%
  • Both will be great

7 5.30%
  • Both will suck

7 5.30%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Better NFL Career..RT or Johnny Football?

1. -81
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ITS!MATEO View Post
    People will forever believe these hype stories... Manziel is the next Tebow. I see nothing in his game that tells me he's ready to be an NFL QB. He'll be gone in a few years..

RT will have a pretty good career. He's built for it and has the arm to back it up.
    Exactly, he reminds me of Tebow, minus all the praying and virginity.

Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Watch Mark buttfumble get a starting job somewhere next season and outplay Tannehill.
    buttfumble would take the Bengals to the playoffs guaranteed. He would actually be a good fit for them. I think they could be a legit contender if they signed a good game manager type at QB who can get the ball downfield when the running game is going.
    Sherman is a ****ing beast.
    Jesus. I ALWAYS thought we could win with Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

2. -82
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    The draft as a whole is a crapshoot. Any said player can succeed and any said player can bust,
    This is incorrect. If the draft as a whole were a crapshoot, then there would be equal % starters coming from each round. It's not a crapshoot, since the 1st and 2nd rounds have more starters than the 7th, for example.

There's no science to it there's no formula to find nothing but elite players. I'm the biggest Watkins fan and I see a elite WR, but that doesn't mean he's gonna become one. Clowney is a freak of nature he could bust. Manziel can flop too.
    Of course there is a science. The best scouts do pretty well, which is why teams find so many starters and All Pros in the 1st round. Just because you can list some possible exceptions doesn't mean the entire concept of finding good players is a crapshoot.

Just because a kid was successful in the collegiate ranks has no barring on his success in the pros.
    Yes, it does have bearing. Scouts use collegiate performance as their #1 indicator for pro performance.

Once they get to the pros they have to continue to learn and grow, if they don't they fail.
    This goes without saying. Also, non-sequitur
    Quote Quote  

3. -83
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    Most people don't understand how talented Manziel is as a passer. They think his advocates are envisioning him running around the football field like his 2012 season. Manziel will do his heavy lifting from the pocket, but he gives you that quality that Big Ben, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, and Andrew Luck have - the ability to extend the play when things break down. He's not going to lose that at the next level. He has to limit the damage he takes, but he's not going to be running much read/option in the NFL. I think it was a front office guy for Dallas said (something along the lines of) it's like he has eyeballs in every corner of his head. You can't teach that.
    I'm one of those people who doesn't rate Manziel as a passer. If he becomes a pocket passer he needs to dramatically improve his accuracy. Just because the receiver catches the ball doesn't mean it was in the right spot.

He lacks arm strength to throw the deep outs. He needs time to to wind up for the 9 routes.

Physically he is short and skinny. Those are not great traits for Pocket passers. But, he does have good peripheral vision and quickness in the pocket which will serve him well.

He needs to mold his game after Russell Wilson and become a roll out passer. For his sake, I hope he gets a phenomenal run game and defense like Wilson and learns to become as accurate as Wilson ... but that is a big ask.
    "I want guys who want to make an impact on and off the field. Good human beings. Guys who want to get better. Guys who want to improve. They want to be great, want to win. Those types of guys we can work with every day." --Joe Philbin
    - Defending the Read Option - What do you think?
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    I'm one of those people who doesn't rate Manziel as a passer. If he becomes a pocket passer he needs to dramatically improve his accuracy. Just because the receiver catches the ball doesn't mean it was in the right spot.

He lacks arm strength to throw the deep outs. He needs time to to wind up for the 9 routes.

Physically he is short and skinny. Those are not great traits for Pocket passers. But, he does have good peripheral vision and quickness in the pocket which will serve him well.

He needs to mold his game after Russell Wilson and become a roll out passer. For his sake, I hope he gets a phenomenal run game and defense like Wilson and learns to become as accurate as Wilson ... but that is a big ask.
    The only way Manziel will be able to function in the pocket at his size is with an accurate, quick release and great footwork/pocket presence. He has the ability to have great footwork and pocket presence, but I don't see the arm stuff at this point. And without the arm, well, you're basically a quicker but smaller Tim Tebow.
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When you get a chance, look at Manziel's numbers vs ranked opponents and then look at Tannehill's. Good for a laugh.
    Quote Quote  

6. -86
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post

Fully agree. Though I don't think you can extrapolate Wilson's success and say that Manziel - at his size and with his skillset - can be a SB-winning QB. Wilson's attributes are leagues different from Manziel's and it's those attributes (leadership, work ethic, vision, arm strength, accuracy, read option ability) that has brought the little guy success. Whereas WIlson hasn't had to add to his skillset in a huge way to be successful in the pros, Manziel has a big body of work to get through to round himself out as a QB and my first question would be "does he have the work ethic to do that?"
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote