Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scenario in which we don't go OT in the first

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Draft Scenario in which we don't go OT in the first

At this point we are so desperate for OL help that we have to go left tackle in the first but what has to happen to change that. Obviously we need to sign somebody that can play left tackle but who in the draft would be a special talent that could be available at 19 and be too good to pass up? The quality of the first round seems so good in this draft that someone has to fall especially if Lewan and Martin are off the board. Mosley, Pryor, Donald, Ebron, Lee, Evans, Clinton Dix, Nix are players that might be there for us. Are any of these guys so special that we afford to not go OL? I would love to have any of them but not at the expense of not fixing the OL. If we don't nothing else matters.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A lot of speculation as to whether Hickey keeps Soliai or Starks. But while both are good veterans, it could be financially prudent to cut both and get the best DT available and lock up Odrick long term. I still expect us to use the first pick on the O-line like Zack Martin, but really good DTs are hard to find and it may be prudent to save $.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Sign a LT in FA and I think there is a good chance they go away from OT.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hope we go BPA. And locking up LT in FA will allow us to do that.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hate the thought of spending 9million a year on a left tackle but I hate the thought of turning Tannehill into another David Carr even more. I hope we do just so don't miss out on another Patrick Willis because we need Ted Ginn or Anquan Boldin because we need special teams help so bad that Eddie Moore is too good to pass up. (that last comment as sarcasm for those of you that are about to rip me)
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Honestly, I'd take a lot of those players on your list ahead of Martin. I really like Martin and understand his versatility adds value. A solid pick to be sure, but I'd hate to pass up a player like Mosley if he's on the table.

Also, with the talent in the draft on the offensive line I think Miami could fill their needs in the 2nd-4th round range --- maybe taking three offensive linemen in a row at that point. As to free agency, I would like the team to sign some mid-level players on the offensive line -- someone like Collins would be a nice start.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spiketex View Post
    A lot of speculation as to whether Hickey keeps Soliai or Starks. But while both are good veterans, it could be financially prudent to cut both and get the best DT available and lock up Odrick long term. I still expect us to use the first pick on the O-line like Zack Martin, but really good DTs are hard to find and it may be prudent to save $.
    That's an interesting point. If the team goes that route then it seems to guarantee spending either a 1st or 2nd round pick on a DT. Aaron Dobson would be interesting in R1 as would Louis Nix.

Miami has approximately $36 million in salary cap space so it seems to make sense to lock up either Starks or Soliai. But, Shields would be a nice bookend opposite Grimes so there are other options if the team decides to let both players sign elsewhere.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Smart moves..we need a couple of years of making solid picks and solid free agent moves..we haven't had that in awhile.
    No head scratchers!!!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    LT and 1 of the 2 KC guards in free agency,bpa in 1st rd. 2nd and 3rd rd. juhuan james rt tenn, or Scofield rt Michigan,Filo Ucla guard orBintono from Unlv
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joeylats View Post
    LT and 1 of the 2 KC guards in free agency,bpa in 1st rd. 2nd and 3rd rd. juhuan james rt tenn, or Scofield rt Michigan,Filo Ucla guard orBintono from Unlv
    Schofield should not be drafted before the 4th. I really like him at OG.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote