Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Cyrus Kounandijo has Failed some Physicals

  1. -21
    fininpsl's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2012
    Posts:
    1,163
    vCash:
    3136
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jim, unlike others, I'm not completely against drafting CK. But a public statement by Andrews doesn't automatically mean you can give the kid an all-clear on the knee. Any team that's thinking about picking him needs to do their own thorough investigation/evaluation. And if the knee does check out, then what's the reason for the season-to-season drop-off in performance, and poor combine showing? The plus with him is he has played at a high enough level early in his career that coming into this year many thought he'd be off the board very, very early. But he has red flags, and those red flags need to be cleared before you'd risk taking him at 19. I'm not gong to freak out if the Fins take him at 19 because it's possible those red flags are anomalous, and if they are you could be getting a real talent in the pick. But if they take him and they are wrong, I'll be right there with everybody else in this thread calling for Hickey's head. Bottom line is if they pick him they damn well better be right.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    4,470
    vCash:
    4616
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fininpsl View Post
    Jim, unlike others, I'm not completely against drafting CK. But a public statement by Andrews doesn't automatically mean you can give the kid an all-clear on the knee. Any team that's thinking about picking him needs to do their own thorough investigation/evaluation. And if the knee does check out, then what's the reason for the season-to-season drop-off in performance, and poor combine showing? The plus with him is he has played at a high enough level early in his career that coming into this year many thought he'd be off the board very, very early. But he has red flags, and those red flags need to be cleared before you'd risk taking him at 19. I'm not gong to freak out if the Fins take him at 19 because it's possible those red flags are anomalous, and if they are you could be getting a real talent in the pick. But if they take him and they are wrong, I'll be right there with everybody else in this thread calling for Hickey's head. Bottom line is if they pick him they damn well better be right.
    Sure, everything is a gamble. Based on the research I've done I think that his knee is fine and the playing tape/combine show me that he'll be one heck of a RT. We'll see what happens.
    Last edited by jim1; 05-08-2014 at 01:46 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    fininpsl's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2012
    Posts:
    1,163
    vCash:
    3136
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
    Sure, everything is a gamble. Based on the research I've done I think that his knee is fine and the paying tape/combine show me that he'll be one heck of a RT. We'll see what happens.
    Agree with the part in bold 100%. That's why I prefer to be more measured than most in my opinions on this stuff. It's a gamble for people with far more information than I have. Anything I say is hinging on very limited relative info. And yet most fans speak with certainty on prospects. Like last year when Justin Pugh's arms were too short for him to play tackle. I don't remember one person saying they thought he was a 1st round tackle. But the Giants took him, and he performed better than any rookie tackle last year. Go figure. Maybe Kouandjio's knee is this years misnomer. Like I said though. With the red flags, you better be right if you take him in the first.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    Zounds's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    6,894
    vCash:
    14535
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Even if this guy was 100% healthy, his play doesnt say 1st round pick to me
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    4,470
    vCash:
    4616
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fininpsl View Post
    Agree with the part in bold 100%. That's why I prefer to be more measured than most in my opinions on this stuff. It's a gamble for people with far more information than I have. Anything I say is hinging on very limited relative info. And yet most fans speak with certainty on prospects. Like last year when Justin Pugh's arms were too short for him to play tackle. I don't remember one person saying they thought he was a 1st round tackle. But the Giants took him, and he performed better than any rookie tackle last year. Go figure. Maybe Kouandjio's knee is this years misnomer. Like I said though. With the red flags, you better be right if you take him in the first.
    I'm venting this morning because I'm tired of these opinion swings based on the latest rumors, but the short version is that I believe in Kouandjio as the solution to our RT dilemma, based on his game film, knee health and his athletic ability. Again, in what could be a difficult draft for Miami I'm very interested in getting Matt Patchan later in the draft for RT, especially if we run into difficulites in the first two rounds. I saw big value in Patchan, just my opinion of course.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    fininpsl's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2012
    Posts:
    1,163
    vCash:
    3136
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
    I'm venting this morning because I'm tired of these opinion swings based on the latest rumors, but the short version is that I believe in Kouandjio as the solution to our RT dilemma, based on his game film, knee health and his athletic ability. Again, in what could be a difficult draft for Miami I'm very interested in getting Matt Patchan later in the draft for RT, especially if we run into difficulites in the first two rounds. I saw big value in Patchan, just my opinion of course.
    I agree on Patchan 100%. The kid is healthy now, and very much a scheme fit. I'd take him as high as the 5th round if we still need a tackle at that point.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    912
    vCash:
    1960
    Loc:
    hoboken, nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fininpsl View Post
    Agree with the part in bold 100%. That's why I prefer to be more measured than most in my opinions on this stuff. It's a gamble for people with far more information than I have. Anything I say is hinging on very limited relative info. And yet most fans speak with certainty on prospects. Like last year when Justin Pugh's arms were too short for him to play tackle. I don't remember one person saying they thought he was a 1st round tackle. But the Giants took him, and he performed better than any rookie tackle last year. Go figure. Maybe Kouandjio's knee is this years misnomer. Like I said though. With the red flags, you better be right if you take him in the first.
    About Justin Pugh - I live in Giant country and most Giant fans I speak with say Pugh was a disaster in the beginning of the year. He did play better as the year wnet along, but they had a line that was almost as bad as ours. They also have a 2x super bowl winning QB with a decent arsenal of wr weapons.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    4,470
    vCash:
    4616
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rrrrphin View Post
    About Justin Pugh - I live in Giant country and most Giant fans I speak with say Pugh was a disaster in the beginning of the year. He did play better as the year wnet along, but they had a line that was almost as bad as ours. They also have a 2x super bowl winning QB with a decent arsenal of wr weapons.
    I'm thinking they'll take Zack Martin if available.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    912
    vCash:
    1960
    Loc:
    hoboken, nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
    I'm thinking they'll take Zack Martin if available.
    Agreed, they are still badly hurting on the o-line.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Camarillo and Sapp pass physicals; trade finalized
    By Nublar7 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 05:29 PM
  2. McShay reports that J.Allen may be failing team physicals
    By Kyfinsfan in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-12-2006, 02:38 PM
  3. Jason Allen failed physicals?
    By Retnuhrace in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-12-2006, 11:13 AM
  4. NBA Mulls League-Wide Physicals Standard
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-26-2005, 06:42 PM
  5. Passing Team Physicals
    By DolphinVJ in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-05-2003, 11:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •