Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I was Miami's interim GM over at the reddit NFL mock draft, here are the results.

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Broward County, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin
    I'm curious why the Browns would pass over Ka'Deem Carey 5 times, and then go with Sankey in the third round. Has Carey's stock dropped or something?

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Big Play Clay

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyB View Post
    I'm curious why the Browns would pass over Ka'Deem Carey 5 times, and then go with Sankey in the third round. Has Carey's stock dropped or something?
    Not in my eyes. I think he was suspended for one game at the start of this year.. Maybe that's playing in people's minds. However I know a lot of people have a particular fascination with Sankey.. I don't see it. He's probably the 5th/6th best back in my mind.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O Town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeMcAwful View Post
    http://www.reddit.com/r/NFL_Draft/co...=new&limit=500

That link will bring you to the page listing all four rounds that happened.. There were 30 GMs for the teams (TEN and SEA didn't show up) and we were given 5 minutes per pick to receive trade offers and such.. And a lot of trading happened. Some stupid, some pretty good but the results weren't too bad (minus a few surprise picks in the top 10). I stayed out of the trading entirely, just because I got nothing good offered..

So the Dolphins results were as follows:

(1) #19 - Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
    (2) #50 - Chris Borland, LB, Wisconsin
    (3) #81 - Ka'Deem Carey, RB, Arizona
    (4) #112 - James Hurst, OT, UNC

I was pretty happy with the draft overall. I think I got excellent value across the board, but I know the Borland pick will be a bit controversial - especially considering Smallwood, Niklas and Richardson were all still on the board. I'm personally having doubts about Niklas' ability to separate from coverage at the next level, considering how slow he seems on tape. I just didn't think second round was good value for him.. As for Richardson, I thought there would be better value at guard later in the draft than there would be at ILB.

Ka'Deem Carey and Hurst were two picks I was delighted to sit on.. Carey is my favourite back in the draft and fits our system perfectly, I think he'll be a good one. Hurst probably won't offer much year 1, but I think he develops into a solid tackle for us - still slightly underrated imo. For the first round pick, it was a coin flip between Mosely and Lewan, with Martin a consideration too. I've heard some talk/concern about Mosely's longevity in the league and that worried me a bit more than Lewan's character concerns.. As seen later, no more top level tackle prospects were available by our second rounder so I'm pretty okay with the Lewan pick. Gives us a lot more flexibility later in the draft too.

So what do you guys think? Like, dislike, blisteringly loathe?
    Im actually excited for that draft, other than Boreland, I love Taylor Lewan but i fear after Kuandjio was found with Arthritic Knees that Lewan's stock will take a bump, Hurst is a guard but not that great with Zone Blocking

and I have actually written a fantasy article about Ka'Deem Carey, he would be everything that Daniel Thomas isn't I am excited for his future and if Miami picks him I would love that over all I would be happy with your draft sir

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

they may want the Anti Trent Richardson...a smaller back with a little wiggle, Lache Seastrunk...Dri Archer?
    Follow me on Twitter.. @DSEmpire_BA

For My work http://dynastysportsempire.com/author/brent-antonio/
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Broward County, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinSoldia View Post
    I have actually written a fantasy article about Ka'Deem Carey, he would be everything that Daniel Thomas isn't I am excited for his future and if Miami picks him...
    My fantasy is that Daniel Thomas is no longer on the roster, period. And Nolan Carroll can take the same train.

I would be very happy with Carey.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My fantasy is that Daniel Thomas is no longer on the roster, period. And Nolan Carroll can take the same train.

Carey ran a bad 40 (4.70). A lot of people are going to overreact to it. The three best RB's in the draft had poor 40 times (Hill, Hyde, Carey) - as did Emmitt Smith and Terrell Davis.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O Town
    Thanks / No Thanks

thinking about it get you all excited?
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    corner Zzyzx & Gypsy rds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeMcAwful View Post
    Not in my eyes. I think he was suspended for one game at the start of this year.. Maybe that's playing in people's minds. However I know a lot of people have a particular fascination with Sankey.. I don't see it. He's probably the 5th/6th best back in my mind.
    Did you watch the combine yesterday? Sankey did everything well. Plus, the scheme Sarkisian ran is more pro compatible than Rich Rod's run & shoot in Tucson.
    Itís reassuring to know the world is crazier than you are. - Erik Selvig, Thor: The Dark World

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Omaha, NE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nice job man! Great 1st round choice and solid pickups later on. I actually love the Borland pic in the 2nd and I could see Hickey making a run for him. I'm from Nebraska, so when Lavonte David hit the draft, I really wanted the Fins to snag him. Not too many people outside of the midwest truly understood what David was capable of, but we sure did as Husker fans. Now the guy is tearing it up with the Bucs and many were ticked he did not earn a Pro Bowl spot or even DPOY. But Hickey....he was a Midwest scout, he was paying attention to Big Ten ball and knew what David could bring to their team, so they took him early. I think he will have a similar ear to the ground with Wisconsin and be tempted to make the same plunge with Borland. I still would take David over Borland in a heart beat, but Borland is an intriguing prospect with an uncanny ability to play ball and a great guy to bring into the locker room.

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Love Borland pick some think it may be bit of a reach but the guys instincts are insane. Someone will grab him. In the 2nd
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Not Even Lazor Can Save Us

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Make it Hyde at 2 and Borland at 3 and I'd be stoked.

Gonna go look over the full results. Sounds like a neat thing.
    Joe Philbin says, "Jim Turner was a great coach. He made sure shoes were tied at all times and that no gum wrappers touched the field."
    Quote Quote