Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FearTheBeard's Mock Draft 1.0

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheBeard View Post
    Yeah very fair, I did another one because I found this one played out too easy for me, plus there's always some pretty solid RB's in the 4th round. I ran 4 at the same time and the guy had to be on the board in 3 of them to make it more challenging...I found it was a lot more accurate.

1. LB CJ Mosley, Alabama

2. DT Dominique Easley, Florida

3. OL Brandon Thomas, Clemson

4. RB Bishop Sankey, Washington

5. OT Seantrel Henderson, Miami (CHOKED...just missed out on Trai Turner)

6. TE Richard Rogers, California

7. C Gabe Ikard, Oklahoma
    If not injured I think Easley might have been up there with Aaron Donald...there were games where he just dominated. That Florida defense wasn't the same without him.

I still don't like Seantrel...as a fan of the U that dude might be one of the most disappointing players to come to Miami in a long time. So much athleticism...so little heart.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    If not injured I think Easley might have been up there with Aaron Donald...there were games where he just dominated. That Florida defense wasn't the same without him.

I still don't like Seantrel...as a fan of the U that dude might be one of the most disappointing players to come to Miami in a long time. So much athleticism...so little heart.
    Ya at that juncture I needed to take a shot on a lineman and he was head and shoulders the best option, would've much preferred Turner cause I'm super high on him. Easley's a first round talent...next to impossible to pass on him there even though I don't think come draft day that DT is gonna be a huge need.

Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    jeff ireland is that you???

jk da beard
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, but there is a huge drop off in talent after the first two rounds at Offensive line. You're listing 3rd tier guys over top guys that are attainable in the 1st or 2nd round. The running back class is not deep nor is it that talented, but there is a steady value of rb throughout the mid round of the draft unlike other positions. I personally think that DT is the deepest position this year. We could get a 1st round valued defensive tackle in the 2nd or possibly 3rd round as well. I wouldn't pick up any running back before the 3rd round this year. Just no value early.
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Brandon Thomas - OT/OG - Clemson
    6. Storm Johnson - RB - South Florida
    7. Calvin Barnett - DT - Oklahoma State

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i don't see a huge drop off in talent after the first 2 rounds oline wise...i see some guys that need technique work and polish but draft looks pretty deep to me oline wise for us...scheme fit wise

that said i wouldn't wait around on the oline...miami has specific needs for the scheme and certain characteristics and those guys will be coveted
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You go from where we pick with tackles like(might be there) Lewan, Martin.. to the 2nd round with guys like Moses, James, Richardson and Bitoni.. then in the next few rounds all you have in tackles is down to guys like Hurst, Henderson and Schofield.. To me that's a drop off.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

I do think that there is more value later on in the guard position than tackle though. I'll give you that.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ITS!MATEO View Post
    You go from where we pick with tackles like(might be there) Lewan, Martin.. to the 2nd round with guys like Moses, James, Richardson and Bitoni.. then in the next few rounds all you have in tackles is down to guys like Hurst, Henderson and Schofield.. To me that's a drop off.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

I do think that there is more value later on in the guard position than tackle though. I'll give you that.
    Honestly I see great depth in the early to mid rounds at OL, I'd target these guys round by round:

First: Zack Martin, Taylor Lewan, Xavier Su'a-Filo

Second: Brandon Thomas, Joel Bitonio, James Hurst, Morgan Moses, David Yankey, Billy Turner, Cameron Fleming (maybe).

Third: Weston Richburg, Ja'Waun James (and I think 1 or 2 of the aforementioned guys could slide to this point)

Fourth: Trai Turner, Anthony Steen, Dakota Dozier, Seantrel Henderson, Schoefield, Cyrus Kuondijo (maybe)

Plenty of depth IMO, that's 16 guys I'd be happy with and doesn't include guys who don't fit the scheme or the top 2 tackles. So it's at least 25 guys deep through the first 4 rounds. There were 40 drafted last year, I think there's a bigger drop off at TE and LB to be honest which is why I'd rather go that route in the first. I think BPA in the first and then double dip on OL in 2 and 3, I could definitely reconsider RB that high once I look at them in depth. A trade down would be ideal because an extra 2 or 3 would be huge for us.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    After Trai Turner ran a fast 40, think he raised his stock to 2-3rd round. Not sure he even was a later pick to GM's but this draft is deep so...

Think Turner is gone before 5th round. Jax and Cleveland have multiple picks from 3-5th round and pick before us. Think they dont need a G like Turner?

I just dont see Ebron lasting to us. I think its more likely that he is gone and Martin is there for us. Ebron is like Davis in SF in many GM's minds. Giants have their eye on him for sure.

If Ebron is available at 19, I would take a trade down because he is more WR IMO at next level and a guy like Moncrief would be in our sights in round 3 particularly with extra picks now. If we do end up trading Jordan (long shot) we would then have a luxury IMO but we need OL in this draft more than people think. FA is not going to be easy and teams will sign their guys at LT more likely than not. Plus TE is deep in this draft.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    After Trai Turner ran a fast 40, think he raised his stock to 2-3rd round. Not sure he even was a later pick to GM's but this draft is deep so...

Think Turner is gone before 5th round. Jax and Cleveland have multiple picks from 3-5th round and pick before us. Think they dont need a G like Turner?

I just dont see Ebron lasting to us. I think its more likely that he is gone and Martin is there for us. Ebron is like Davis in SF in many GM's minds. Giants have their eye on him for sure.

If Ebron is available at 19, I would take a trade down because he is more WR IMO at next level and a guy like Moncrief would be in our sights in round 3 particularly with extra picks now. If we do end up trading Jordan (long shot) we would then have a luxury IMO but we need OL in this draft more than people think. FA is not going to be easy and teams will sign their guys at LT more likely than not. Plus TE is deep in this draft.
    I liked "beards" second mock more that's just me - i would not cry with Mosley or Ebron or Lewan/Martin

FA starters are gonna be harder to come by than we all think but if we sign some top rated FA Guards and a T - it will change the dynamics and we will draft play-makers and D -

Much more likley we trade Wake than Jordan it makes more sense at this juncture -> his age (injuries will creep in like last year) , he needs a contract and we have young DEs to get playing time
    Dmitri Patterson gets indefinitely suspended for "not showing up" and Buttfumble got a raise for "not showing up" - go figure how the JESTS world works?
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We agree on a lot of players, I like the mock a lot for us.

I just don't see Hyde making it to our second pick, the power run game is back in the NFL, and a lot of teams need a young powerful rb, and Hyde might be the best. To me, he doesn't make it past the giants second pick.

I'm actually a huge CJ Mosley fan, and I think he's the kind of player that can come into a defense like ours and pull everything together. The pieces in our defense are already there IMO, I think our D could be much more than just good, and mostly could be that type of player that brings it to the next level. Although he's not a safety I compare him to Earl Thomas or Polomalu, just that "glue" guy who does it all.

But I also agree it would be hard to pass Ebron, we have some talented players on offense but were still missing that mismatch guy, that guy that every game the oppositions first goal is to stop. Do we double him, use a safety, a corner, or a lber on him? will it even matter?

Clay is a cheap version of that player, and he's improved immensely , and has benefited a lot from Wallace opening his side of the field. But we need a guy who destroys the sea,, it's what egnew was brought here to do but he's yet to show he's ready for that roll. IMO our offense doesn't make the next step until we find a consistent seam theat. As much as ebron pops off the screen, I'm not convinced yet that Niklas won't eventually be the better player.

If I have to pick from CJ, Martin, or Ebron, thats a damn hard choice. Obviously free agency would have to have treated me well to pass on Martin, besides the fact he's a heck of a player, he has all the intangibles, and can play almost any position along the line, from where were standing that's hard to pass up. I'd love to get Martin and pair him up with Niklas in Mia with our 1st 2 picks.

As for Dri Archer I like him a lot, I just don't know if there's a need for him or where he fits. He's one of those guys where you wish you had a few extra roster spots for. Based on our needs, and amount of young players I just don't need we have the spots for guys who can't contribute anymore. We gave up a lot of roster spots last year for developmental and injured players.
    Quote Quote