Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Langer72 - Mock 1.0

1. -1
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks

I Can Dream 3 Langer72 - Mock 1.0

I am no draft guru, so humor my picks. I would like these selections. Of course it never turns out like we wanted. (I wanted TY Hilton last year)

Despite the need to replenish the oline, by the time we select at 19, most of the top tier OT quality will be gone. I am taking the shot gun approach at the bottom of the draft, taking 2 OT & OG.

With our pick at #19, Ebron will immediately improve our production at TE plus he can block for the running game. He will improve our red zone scoring giving RT another option. Impact player.

2nd round pick is Hyde. He combines power and toughness and will give the Fins more punch at the LOS. I hope he is still there at our pick. Impact player.

3rd round pick is Borland. He draws comparisons to Zack Thomas, a tackling machine that rarely makes mistakes. Impact player.

4th-7th -Load up on oline and hope we find a couple of players. Lunch pail guys. Spend the money on impact players.

Resign - Solai, Clemmons, Carroll

FA - Monroe LT, McDaniel DT

Draft picks:
    1. Eric Ebron - TE
    2. Carlos Hyde - RB
    3. Chris Borland - ILB
    4. Jon Halapio - OG
    5. Chris Watt - OG
    6. Sentreal Henderson - OT
    7. Justin Britt - OT
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm thinking Hyde will still be sitting there with our 3rd round pick.. I'd take a tackle in that 2nd spot. Real big drop off of talent in the tackle department after the 1-2 rounds.
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Brandon Thomas - OT/OG - Clemson
    6. Storm Johnson - RB - South Florida
    7. Calvin Barnett - DT - Oklahoma State

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ITS!MATEO View Post
    I'm thinking Hyde will still be sitting there with our 3rd round pick.. I'd take a tackle in that 2nd spot. Real big drop off of talent in the tackle department after the 1-2 rounds.
    Could you send me an article that says he's shaping up to be a 3rd...I have no reason to believe that's more likely than being a high to mid 2.

Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i like Tre Mason in the 2nd
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheBeard View Post
    Could you send me an article that says he's shaping up to be a 3rd...I have no reason to believe that's more likely than being a high to mid 2.
    According to my matrix, which takes 10 different scouting site rankings, prior to the combine his average ranking was 47th which puts him just before our 2nd round pick.

I'll have to update my matrix post combine and I'll make it available to everyone when I'm finished. I have over 500 prospects on it.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He started out being a 2nd round pick, but him running a slow 4.66 and all that had to drop him on some teams boards. Carey will be a 2nd rounder though.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin

Just what we need another head case. This guy is a mountain but be was suspended or hurt most of his UM career.

That would be a good haul and lessen the impact of losing Starks or Big Paul. Monroe will not be cheap but i like him over fat Albert.

If they are unable to get one of the top OT's in FA I think they go there at #19 or after a trade back a couple spots..
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ITS!MATEO View Post
    He started out being a 2nd round pick, but him running a slow 4.66 and all that had to drop him on some teams boards. Carey will be a 2nd rounder though.
    He pulled up with a hamstring injury. Odds are he improves on it at his pro-day because he doesn't show mid 4.6s on tape, more of a 4.5 guy IMO.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post

Just what we need another head case. This guy is a mountain but be was suspended or hurt most of his UM career.

That would be a good haul and lessen the impact of losing Starks or Big Paul. Monroe will not be cheap but i like him over fat Albert.

If they are unable to get one of the top OT's in FA I think they go there at #19 or after a trade back a couple spots..
    Henderson is a head case and underachiever, but at that position in the draft it is hard to over look his physical attributes. Low risk / boom or bust with a 6th round pick
    In my scenario, Monroe would be the LT starter. Hopefully Henderson will grow up by year 2-3 with the team
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ebron and tre mason would actually take away some of the disgust i have right now for this organization.
    Quote Quote