Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hoops scoops...Miami makeover...2014 oline draft prospects targets and grades...

1. -11
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    I'm surprised you even have Morgan Moses on here. I didn't see anything to make me think he was a scheme fit. Flabby body too, looked very stiff in a lot of the drills at the combine. I was very unimpressed. I agree, regardless of scheme, the top 50 talk is crazy.
    only cause of lazor...jawaun james and moses aren't really what i'm looking for...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheBeard View Post
    We seem to be on the same page on a handful of guys, 2 guys stick out to me that we disagree with and that would be Chris Watt and Marcus Martin. I haven't seen great athletes on tape, but I'll definitely watch a few more games and get a more well rounded feel for them before I strike them from the board. Great write up. I'd also look at the BC LT Patchan late (quickest 10yd split at the combine) and Laurent Duvernay-Tardif from McGill. Russ Lande called him a top 10 tackle prospect in this draft. S'ua-Filo I think is a darkhorse for our pick.

Edit: Ah I see what you have to say about Patchan, can't say I'd looked into it.
    i just havent seen enough work of the mcgill kids to form a grade...if someone wants to bet on upside and development there and take him likely late on day 3 it wouldn't surprise me...i don't think sua filo gets anywhere near #50 personally...i bet he goes in front of yankey who is a power scheme fit guard...like gabe jackson and cyril richardson...all power guys
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MRojas4 View Post
    Hoops you see Z. Martin as a LT or LG

Keep hearing dude is too short for OT at the next level.
    apparently the fins see him as a RT
    Quote Quote  

4. -14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    apparently the fins see him as a RT
    my thoughts are more right tackle and left guard...but i think he could play pretty much anything in a pinch...would i be happy going into camp with him the penciled in starting left tackle??? probably not...but right tackle i would be...or left guard...

he's a find a spot player as far as i'm concerned...
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i just havent seen enough work of the mcgill kids to form a grade...if someone wants to bet on upside and development there and take him likely late on day 3 it wouldn't surprise me...i don't think sua filo gets anywhere near #50 personally...i bet he goes in front of yankey who is a power scheme fit guard...like gabe jackson and cyril richardson...all power guys
    Ya I meant at #19 for Xavier, or a prime candidate for a trade down. And fair enough on the McGill kid, I'd take a shot late. Interesting that you don't have Yankey on here, not that I disagree cause he's sort of fringy. My favorites are probably Brandon Thomas, Trai Turner and Brandon Thomas. I'm a round higher on each of them than you, rest of it is similar. Patchan I'd look at as a UFA.

Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

6. -16

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheBeard View Post
    Ya I meant at #19 for Xavier, or a prime candidate for a trade down. And fair enough on the McGill kid, I'd take a shot late. Interesting that you don't have Yankey on here, not that I disagree cause he's sort of fringy. My favorites are probably Brandon Thomas, Trai Turner and Brandon Thomas. I'm a round higher on each of them than you, rest of it is similar. Patchan I'd look at as a UFA.
    yankey looks realgood within 3 yards of the los...can win quickly...has some lead in the pencil...but the further down the field he goes the more off balance and on the ground he is...good prospect i just see a power scheme being his fit...tested poorly too...sluggish and slow...he's not that poor a athlete on tape but he's out of control sometimes with his feet...trying to get to stuff in too much space athletically he just can't...

i thought about it for a while cause he's heady and he may be able to play right tackle in a pinch and he won't kill you with anything he does...but if i'm looking to get to a philly like oline he's not gonna help me get there...

especially considering how high the likely pick would have to be...
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    PowerHungryMo'fo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nice writeup.

Did you do a similar write up last year? Did Dallas Thomas make it on your list? And Brennen and the other scrub?
    With Benton and Bicknell onboard does the ol prototype change?
    Quote Quote  

8. -18

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NorFlaFin View Post
    Nice writeup.

Did you do a similar write up last year? Did Dallas Thomas make it on your list? And Brennen and the other scrub?
    With Benton and Bicknell onboard does the ol prototype change?
    yes i did and dallas thomas was not on my targets list...not sure who the other scrub you are referring to is but if it was will davis he was also not on my list as i did not like the player...dion sims as a 4th rounder was and mike gillislee was...

brenner was not listed
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by MRojas4 View Post
    Hoops you see Z. Martin as a LT or LG

Keep hearing dude is too short for OT at the next level.
    I don't think height is the issue, the problem are the short arms. Jordan Gross, who just retired, is 6'4 1/2" but he has long arms.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    I don't think height is the issue, the problem are the short arms. Jordan Gross, who just retired, is 6'4 1/2" but he has long arms.
    32 3/4 like zach martins though is not that bad...basically a little over an inch shorter than ideal...i don't think at right tackle it will be that much of an issue...
    Quote Quote