Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Obama administration persicutes relious freedom.

1. -11
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    As a homeschool parent, I advocate the right to teach my child as I see fit. What I don't understand here is why these people can't just immigrate like normal people. Last I checked, it wasn't that hard to immigrate from Germany so someone educate me if I am wrong. Is this just a dramatized event by our noble politicians? Why deport Germans when there are millions of illegal aliens milking the system? I don't get any part of this, sounds like BS all around.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Regarding the comparison to illegal immigrants, these guys made themselves known to the government by seeking asylum. Most illegal immigrants do the exact opposite. Still, there were close to 400,000 deportations in 2011 (higher than most of Bush's years). I commend them for pursuing a legal method of immigration, but that doesn't guarantee success, unless they are law-abiding and go the long, difficult, and very expensive route.

Apparently the persecution issue failed, so it's time to turn it into an illegal immigrant issue. There has to be a way to slam Obama in here somewhere!

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Regarding the comparison to illegal immigrants, these guys made themselves known to the government by seeking asylum. Most illegal immigrants do the exact opposite. Still, there were close to 400,000 deportations in 2011 (higher than most of Bush's years). I commend them for pursuing a legal method of immigration, but that doesn't guarantee success, unless they are law-abiding and go the long, difficult, and very expensive route.

Apparently the persecution issue failed, so it's time to turn it into an illegal immigrant issue. There has to be a way to slam Obama in here somewhere!
    Normally, I am first in line to hammer him but don't know enough here to say one way or the other. I still don't understand why they don't just seek visas and citizenship as they apparently came here legally. My wife is up in arms as she thinks it is treacherous that they can't legally homeschool in Germany. I figure it's none of our business politically and they can seek citizenship elsewhere or here in the US.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Normally, I am first in line to hammer him but don't know enough here to say one way or the other. I still don't understand why they don't just seek visas and citizenship as they apparently came here legally. My wife is up in arms as she thinks it is treacherous that they can't legally homeschool in Germany. I figure it's none of our business politically and they can seek citizenship elsewhere or here in the US.

Agreed. Looks like it was nothing more than a show or they were looking for the easy way out. Either they go back to Germany and fight to make homeschooling legal or they pursue the long, nonsensical, expensive, pain-in-the-ass legal method of immigrating here.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They were allowed to stay in the end. The family will not be deported. Finally someone made the right decision. If they want to live here permanently, they need to get their status changed.
    I think the media coverage and outrage had something to do with it.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    this is a stupid story, one that the christian right will flaunt to say they are prosecuted, which seems to be their ammo as of late.

I dont think people who argue this know what asylum means. It doesnt mean you disagree with a law. Trying to argue asylum from a country like Germany is a joke and unfair to our allies.

Let them stay, I really dont care, but find a different reason than asylum from Germany.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeCounty1231 View Post
    this is a stupid story, one that the christian right will flaunt to say they are prosecuted, which seems to be their ammo as of late...
    And they are persecuted ...if you define persecuted as "losing the advantage one group has had for hundreds of years."
    Jim

"A criminal is a person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation."

The Evolution of the Tannehill Booster

First Stage: Tannehill is going to be a star in this league.
    Second Stage: Tannehill is better than RGIII, Wilson, etc.
    Third Stage: Tannehill is better than some other AFC East quarterback except Tom Brady.
    Fourth Stage: Tannehill isn't the only problem on the team.

Not even their mothers can tell them apart.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JTC111 View Post
    And they are persecuted ...if you define persecuted as "losing the advantage one group has had for hundreds of years."
    In the end, the administration caved in. They really had no choice.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    They really had no choice.
    Why is that?
    Quote Quote