Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Miami Dolphins Will Sign LB D'Qwell Jackson Tuesday March 4th

1. -11
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Nashville
    Thanks / No Thanks
    At least it's not one of those "bold" predictions that happen 2-3 months down the road and we all just forget about it. We will see you tomorrow an if you're wrong you better come and munch down some crow! Ha I just hope you're foreal and not trying to give us blue balls for the sake of attention. LEts hope you can prove us wrong tomorrow.

Also considering the way Wheeler's contract is set up there is really no reason to part ways with him...
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    I was hoping it was true. That would have meant the powers that be realized Wheeler is not the answer.
    They certainly need to bring in a free agent or draft pick to challenge the incumbents. What they did last year is not good enough.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hating The Jets With A Passion Since '84

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not believing anything until I see some proof, but if it's true it just means we're adding one more pass rusher to our arsenal, not necessarily showing someone the door.
    JETS FANS' TEARS TASTE LIKE CANDY

(...so taste the rainbow, b*tches)
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Chris McCain Should Start

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    XB1 Conroller
    If this is true and you predicted it before anyone you will gain my undying loyalty and respect.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Was this information supplied by InacurateBob?
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    This from Barry Jackson

DOLPHINS PURSUE JACKSON

The Dolphins’ decision to bring in former Cleveland starting inside linebacker D’Qwell Jackson for a visit on Tuesday suggests what many have suspected --– that new GM Dennis Hickey isn’t completely thrilled with Jeff Ireland’s overhaul of the linebacker crew last season.

But it also speaks to Hickey’s admiration for Jackson, according to a league source.

The Dolphins like Jackson not only for his ability, but also for his leadership --- something Miami is trying to address after last year’s locker-room scandal. He was a respected and vocal leader in Cleveland, and this locker-room needs that.

When Cleveland cut him last month, general manager Ray Farmer called him “the epitome of class, leadership and professionalism.”

Hickey has tap-danced around questions concerning both Philip Wheeler and Dannell Ellerbe, but keep in mind that both have guaranteed salaries next season, Ellerbe at $6 million and Wheeler at $5 million. There’s a big cap hit cutting both.

So it’s not out of the question Miami could keep Wheeler and Ellerbe for now, even if they sign Jackson or another starting-caliber linebacker. And Miami repeatedly has said how much it values Koa Misi, who is also under contract. Misi is Miami's best linebacker against the run and isn't expensive ($1.7 base salary in 2014).

Keep in mind that Ellerbe and Wheeler would have little incentive to take a pay cut because their base salaries are guaranteed.

Jackson is well-regarded and has been credited with 158, 118 and 141 tackles the past three years, among the highest totals in the league. Some of his Pro Football Focus metrics weren’t great last season, though that’s not always a completely accurate gauge.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    305 S.Mia all day
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jnewmant View Post
    why would we cut wheeler? makes absolutely no fiscal sense, i'm calling bs
    If its going down, he goes on the trade block. Unfortunately, not gonna get much not due to his subpar play tgis year but because teams know hed probably cut.

Id put him on the trade block and any not worth it keep him. Thats a strong LB core. You can throw a surprise true 3/4 at an offense.

For those of you in disbelief, hey, some people have inside information. My father's cousin was with the organization through every coach from Shula to Sporano until Parcels brought in his own guys. My fathers cousin was the guy who drove around Shula when he hurt his leg. We never asked for info out of courtesy bud we had a man on the inside.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Power of suggestion is alive and well. I hope you are right.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wonder how that gets done since Dawn Aponte is in London?
    Follow me at www.twitter.com/robi2184, always updating Dolfans with the latest Miami Dolphins news.

Zach Thomas: I played against New England twice a year every year my whole career. I learned to not like that team. I wasn't going to join them.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dawn Aponte left today to London to begin preparation for the Fins trip to England during the season, I'm pretty sure this rumor is false.
    Quote Quote