Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there no end in sight for poor leadership in this country?

1. -11
    Like me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JTC111 View Post
    The system is rigged such that it's unlikely any third party candidate is ever going to win the presidency. The vast majority of third party candidates can't even manage to get on the ballot in all 50 states. With only one exception, that being Teddy Roosevelt in the 1916 election, no third party candidate has done much more than siphon off votes from one of the two major party candidates. And even in that case, all it did was make it easier for the person whose views contrast with the third party candidate to win, just like it has in every election.

You're correct in that our problem is not Democrats vs. Republicans. Our problem is rich vs. poor. Politicians depend on contributions to campaigns and PACs. They get neither in significant enough numbers from the poor, the working poor, the lower middle class, etc., to concern themselves too much with those demographics. They'll throw them a bone now and again, but the vast majority of legislation is intended to bolster the already stuffed coffers of the uber-wealthy.

Actually, I'd say we choose them in similar ways. The Miss America pageant relies on primarily superficial characteristics to pick a winner, as does the American electorate.

The corporations pull the strings far too often in both parties.
    A.L.E.C. Exposed

Until we get private money out of the election process, we're screwed. Private money corrupts the system and corrupts too many well-intentioned people that jump in the political waters. If we had publicly funded elections, it would save us a ton of money (This is one of the few areas in which most of my republican friends and I find agreement.).

The "parties" don't care about people, that's true. But there are still a few good people out there. Unfortunately, it's difficult for them to gain much traction if they don't get in bed with the corporations. I'd put Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders at the top of that list.

We need more like her.

There's no such thing. There were partisan disagreements and interpretations even amongst those who wrote it.
    Me and jtc agree ??????
    Attached Images
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Like me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Most of the problems in this country are economic. That wont end untill we stop importing most of what we consume in this country.
    Picture a conveyer belt with cash on it flowing out of this country and another with cash flowing in to this country.
    Wich has more money on it ?
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    Those men you mentioned were ethical, and not responsible for the rape and slaughter of an American Ambassador.
    Hilliary is just trying to create her "legacy". She doesn't care about this country IMHO. If you think she does or are a fan of hers, that is your issue.
    It would be better to get a different point of view, someone who can relate to the majoriy Americans.
    Jefferson was a great president but his ethics are definitely in question and Im sure many of our great presidents in one way or another are responsible for rape and the slaughter of many people.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Like me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lincoln holds the record at 625,000 Biggest war criminal our country ever had.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MAYHEM View Post
    Lincoln holds the record at 625,000 Biggest war criminal our country ever had.
    The first shots of the Civil War were not ordered by Lincoln.
    Jim

"A criminal is a person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation."

The Evolution of the Tannehill Booster

First Stage: Tannehill is going to be a star in this league.
    Second Stage: Tannehill is better than RGIII, Wilson, etc.
    Third Stage: Tannehill is better than some other AFC East quarterback except Tom Brady.
    Fourth Stage: Tannehill isn't the only problem on the team.

Not even their mothers can tell them apart.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    The first shots of the Civil War were not ordered by Lincoln.
    Correct.

Ft. Sumter.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    Correct.

Ft. Sumter.
    Correct. In fact, the federal troops in the fort didn't even fire back.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The system is rigged such that it's unlikely any third party candidate is ever going to win the presidency. The vast majority of third party candidates can't even manage to get on the ballot in all 50 states. With only one exception, that being Teddy Roosevelt in the 1916 election, no third party candidate has done much more than siphon off votes from one of the two major party candidates. And even in that case, all it did was make it easier for the person whose views contrast with the third party candidate to win, just like it has in every election.

You're correct in that our problem is not Democrats vs. Republicans. Our problem is rich vs. poor. Politicians depend on contributions to campaigns and PACs. They get neither in significant enough numbers from the poor, the working poor, the lower middle class, etc., to concern themselves too much with those demographics. They'll throw them a bone now and again, but the vast majority of legislation is intended to bolster the already stuffed coffers of the uber-wealthy.

Actually, I'd say we choose them in similar ways. The Miss America pageant relies on primarily superficial characteristics to pick a winner, as does the American electorate.

The corporations pull the strings far too often in both parties.
    A.L.E.C. Exposed

Until we get private money out of the election process, we're screwed. Private money corrupts the system and corrupts too many well-intentioned people that jump in the political waters. If we had publicly funded elections, it would save us a ton of money (This is one of the few areas in which most of my republican friends and I find agreement.).

The "parties" don't care about people, that's true. But there are still a few good people out there. Unfortunately, it's difficult for them to gain much traction if they don't get in bed with the corporations. I'd put Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders at the top of that list.

We need more like her.

There's no such thing. There were partisan disagreements and interpretations even amongst those who wrote it.

JTC111, Mayhem...good job, you guys are right on, we need more folks like you in this place.

Agree 100% on private money in the election process. I have been big on this for a while, I voted for Johnson last election because he finally decided to go to public financing of elections. then what exactly would our corrupt politicians need brib...err...campaign donations for?
    Last edited by phinfan3411; 03-06-2014 at 01:32 PM.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MAYHEM View Post
    So far this thread is bipartisan and I hope it stays that way .
    The biggest problem facing this country is not the democrats or the republicans .
    It is both of them .
    We choose Miss America from fifty choices and president from two .
    What the hell is wrong with this ?
    If you think that any one in office is doing their own thinking you are wrong as it gets .
    If you are blindly loyal to either party you are a fool .
    If you think either party cares about you you are a fool .
    If you do not understand the Constitution it is time to learn it .
    You will never read a smarter document .
    Try to find a nonpartisan explanation of the Constitution .
    If you don't know .
    Ask me .
    Pop quiz .
    Who is worse ?
    The Democrats ?
    Or
    The Republicans ?

Excellent
    Quote Quote