Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Limbaugh claims slave is magic word that brought film oscar

1. -1
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks

Limbaugh claims slave is magic word that brought film oscar

I can think of no other American that tries to make racial statement out of almost everything that happens in it like the idiot known as Limbaugh.
    He claims the reason that 12 years a slave won was because of the magic word slave like that guarantees that the academy awards will choose that based on the one subject,
    In 86 years one film has one a best picture prize that was directed by a man of color and he has to come out and say something this ridiculous.
    I mean what made the issue so magical this year and not magical in other years. Could he not conceivably come to the conclusion that maybe they thought it was the best picture of the year.
    The worst thing about the statement is that he never even saw the film(big surprise) and yet he makes such a poorly researched statement. I don't agree it was the best film but that's my opinion and I often don't agree with the academy.

"There’s no way that movie was not going to win! If it was the only thing that movie won, it was going to win best picture. There was no way. It didn’t matter if it was good or bad — I haven’t seen it — it was going to win. It had the magic word in the title: slave.”
    I mean this idiot does realize there have been other films on slavery and had slave in their title before.

Another of his racist conservative partners in crime had already said that the film was black propaganda.
    "Hannity called the film, which recounts the true story of a free slave, Solomon Northup, who was kidnapped and sold into slavery in 1841, “a sham” and “nothing more than an attempt to exploit white guilt and divide America.”

Another Gem by Hannity
    “Seriously, how long has it been? How many times can you keep bringing [slavery] up after 150 years?” Hannity admitted that he has not seen the film, but said he could “tell that it draws out and exaggerates the bad parts of slavery the way only Hollywood can.” <!-- google_ad_client = "ca-pub-8561412640021319"; /* Post-Ad */ google_ad_slot = "4282330119"; google_ad_width = 300; google_ad_height = 250; //-->“The only thing another slavery movie does, on top of pitting blacks against whites, is enable a minority culture of laziness and excuses. Maybe they should make a movie about black students who run away from hard work and responsibility. Call it ‘12 Years in School.’ How about it, Hollywood?” - See more at: http://www.newslo.com/sean-hannity-c....cAoWfJms.dpuf

So Hannity feels that stores about slavery should never be made into films or that it should only show the good parts of slavery.

I don't have the idiotic notion that all conservatives are racist but how does anybody support either of these clowns. Neither even saw the film but have so many negative opinions on it.
    Maybe Hannity should finance his film on all the good parts of slavery.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They should watch the films before commenting. I do not think that those are racist comments, nor that they are racist themselves. They are white centric. There is nothing wrong with that either.
    Regarding the films about slavery, they are very important in the sense that people actually lived and experienced that existence. All races have the scars of slavery. It is not just a black story.
    The stories are very powerful reminders that we need to treat each other better as brother humans. No one should at the wrong end of a whip.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DLockz, I can assure you that this conservative thinks those two are bozos. Why even open your mouth if you haven't seen the movie? They could be entirely right and still look like idiots. Hollywood is notorious for rewriting history to suit their own objectives so it isn't a stretch but you have to validate your statement.

I haven't seen the movie but apparently, they tried to stick very closely to Solomon's story as he wrote it. If, in fact, that is what they did then kudos to them as it will give everyone an honest depiction of a dark spot in our history. If not, then shame on them for using the story for their own purposes. Either way, I won't disparage their work until I have a chance to see the movie and validate its accuracy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    DLockz, I can assure you that this conservative thinks those two are bozos. Why even open your mouth if you haven't seen the movie? They could be entirely right and still look like idiots. Hollywood is notorious for rewriting history to suit their own objectives so it isn't a stretch but you have to validate your statement. I haven't seen the movie but apparently, they tried to stick very closely to Solomon's story as he wrote it. If, in fact, that is what they did then kudos to them as it will give everyone an honest depiction of a dark spot in our history. If not, then shame on them for using the story for their own purposes. Either way, I won't disparage their work until I have a chance to see the movie and validate its accuracy. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Limbaugh is a doofus. I remember hearing him on the radio one time talking about that Direct TV NFL ticket commercial where some guys were in a diner in Texas. He made some comments about how bad the commercial was because he thought the waitress was treating them bad because they were sophisticated watching TV on their phone. What he failed to realize was the Cowboys paraphernalia seen all over the diner in the commercial and the fact that they were Eagles fans. That is why the waitress was treating them the way she was. A lady called in and mentioned how off base he was and explained the commercial. He then said "Oh, I didn't know that, I hadn't seen the commercial." Lol!! I don't even think he knows the facts on half the things he talks about.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingit View Post
    Limbaugh is a doofus. I remember hearing him on the radio one time talking about that Direct TV NFL ticket commercial where some guys were in a diner in Texas. He made some comments about how bad the commercial was because he thought the waitress was treating them bad because they were sophisticated watching TV on their phone. What he failed to realize was the Cowboys paraphernalia seen all over the diner in the commercial and the fact that they were Eagles fans. That is why the waitress was treating them the way she was. A lady called in and mentioned how off base he was and explained the commercial. He then said "Oh, I didn't know that, I hadn't seen the commercial." Lol!! I don't even think he knows the facts on half the things he talks about.
    That is the problem in this country, half the idiots proclaimed to be experts have no frigging idea what they are talking about. I won't even watch the news anymore for the most part because I go into moron overload!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why does anyone pay attention to this douchebag?

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    They should watch the films before commenting. I do not think that those are racist comments, nor that they are racist themselves. They are white centric. There is nothing wrong with that either.
    Regarding the films about slavery, they are very important in the sense that people actually lived and experienced that existence. All races have the scars of slavery. It is not just a black story.
    The stories are very powerful reminders that we need to treat each other better as brother humans. No one should at the wrong end of a whip.
    So the comment about they should make a movie about black students that run away from resposnisbiity is not rooted in racism really.
    Personally I feel people like Limbaugh are bothered when a black person gets any acclaim or credit for anything. Im sure when Obama won the presidency he almost exploded.
    Im pretty sure to him no other film should be made on slavery since Birth of a Nation is the definitive truth.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Her was by far the best movie I saw last year. To be fair, however, of the Best Picture nominees I only saw Her, Gravity and 12 Years a Slave. The latter was the "worst" of the three, imo. Not a bad movie at all, just not as good as I hoped it would be. I absolutely do think liberal guilt was a factor in it winning Best Picture. Liberal guilt wins a lot of Best Pictures. Just the way it is. Fwiw I thought Shame -- the previous movie by the director of 12 Years a Slave -- was terrific, so I was probably affected by a bit of letdown. Similarly with Gravity, because though I liked it Children of Men has become one of my favorite movies.

I'd still like to get out and see Wolf of Wall Street and American Hustle if I get a chance.

Anyway, Her was by far the best. One of the best movies I've seen in the theater for a while. It was hilarious seeing it in a theater full of old people who absolutely hated it. I mean, holy **** did they hate it.

Gravity changed the game from a technical perspective but was thin as a emotional story. Too much of a Murphy's Law/Wile E. Coyote plot. Should be interesting to see if it's as monumental on the technical side as Jurassic Park was back in the day. But Her is the one that will live on and become one for the ages.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Why does anyone pay attention to this douchebag?
    It truly bothers me that a great amount of americans actually take what either of these guys says seriously.
    Every time I hear that crap about Hannity being a great American I just want to throw up.
    The majority of these bozos just say whatever bring them more money.
    I respect the news from the daily show and Colbert report more than any of these guys
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Her was by far the best movie I saw last year. At the same time of the Best Picture nominees I only saw Her, Gravity and 12 Years a Slave. The latter was the "worst" of the three, imo. Not a bad movie at all, just not as good as I hoped. The director's previous movie -- Shame -- I personally thought was better. I'd still like to get out and see Wolf of Wall Street and American Hustle if I get a chance.

Anyway, Her was by far the best. One of the best movies I've seen in the theater for a while. It was hilarious seeing it in a theater full of old people who absolutely hated it. I mean, holy **** did they hate it.
    None of the best picture nominations was a bad film. Its beyond idiotic to say because it had slave in it, the win was a sure thing. Just shows how ignorant Limbaugh is. I do think the academy always seems to favor the more serious films with so called more important themes.
    Gravity was a great film. I liked 12 years a slave, Captain Phillips. Havent seen Her yet. Wolf of wall Street many years would have won but the subject matter was a little harsh for Oscar voters. People like Limbaugh and Hannity would just like to bury their head in the sand when the subject of slavery comes up. Im still waiting for Hannity to make his movie about all the good things from slavery. I mean how dare someone make a film that makes slavery seem horrific
    Quote Quote