Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Limbaugh claims slave is magic word that brought film oscar

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    It truly bothers me that a great amount of americans actually take what either of these guys says seriously.
    Every time I hear that crap about Hannity being a great American I just want to throw up.
    The majority of these bozos just say whatever bring them more money.
    I respect the news from the daily show and Colbert report more than any of these guys
    Hannity and Limbaugh are clown shoes. I think most agree with that. Giving them any time is already too much.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can we just give Limbaugh to Al Qaeda and be done with it.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chester,Va.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Limbaugh as if he's seems a bit frustrated, and spoke inappropriately. Nothing new from him. I'm not sure if it's as much racist as it is frustrated. His idiocy gets ratings, or we wouldn't be talking about it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    DLockz, I can assure you that this conservative thinks those two are bozos. Why even open your mouth if you haven't seen the movie? They could be entirely right and still look like idiots. Hollywood is notorious for rewriting history to suit their own objectives so it isn't a stretch but you have to validate your statement.

I haven't seen the movie but apparently, they tried to stick very closely to Solomon's story as he wrote it. If, in fact, that is what they did then kudos to them as it will give everyone an honest depiction of a dark spot in our history. If not, then shame on them for using the story for their own purposes. Either way, I won't disparage their work until I have a chance to see the movie and validate its accuracy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    I just watched it on a plane yesterday and thought it was a great movie all around. It's been years since I read the book, so I can't really speak to how close it was to it, but I can't think of any glaring differences off the top of my head.

Having seen a couple of the other nominated movies, I can say it deserved it, and certainly not just because of the topic.

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Finally got around to watching American Hustle today. Pretty good. Not "Best Picture" worthy by any means -- more in Catch Me if You Can or The Departed territory -- but lively and fun. I look to watching it 10 minutes at a time here or there for the rest of my life.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So the comment about they should make a movie about black students that run away from resposnisbiity is not rooted in racism really.
    Personally I feel people like Limbaugh are bothered when a black person gets any acclaim or credit for anything. Im sure when Obama won the presidency he almost exploded.
    Im pretty sure to him no other film should be made on slavery since Birth of a Nation is the definitive truth.

How is that racism when it is the general perception, and there are facts to back it up? Look them up if you are interested. If anything, shedding light on a subject which may be embarrassing for some in the long run will create beneficial changes.
    I do not believe that Limbaugh was opposed to Obama because he was black. It was mainly because of his ideology, lack of experience, and questionable back ground.
    Funny how you can project your bias of Limbaugh just to make a feeble point.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    How is that racism when it is the general perception, and there are facts to back it up? Look them up if you are interested. If anything, shedding light on a subject which may be embarrassing for some in the long run will create beneficial changes.
    I do not believe that Limbaugh was opposed to Obama because he was black. It was mainly because of his ideology, lack of experience, and questionable back ground.
    Funny how you can project your bias of Limbaugh just to make a feeble point.
    Bias lol Limbaugh has over and over again showed his true colors some just refuse to believe the obvious. Limbaugh has always had a problem .

Who can forget this gem.[To an African American female caller]: “Take that bone out of your nose and call me back.”
    Limbaugh is a racist idiot and anybody that buys what he is selling should take a long look at themselves.

You dont believe that Limbaugh has a problem with a black president lol okay
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Like me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rush Limbaugh , Don Imus , Jesse Jackson , Al Sharpton .
    Paste eating , window licking tards .
    Why does anyone care what any of them say ?
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bias lol Limbaugh has over and over again showed his true colors some just refuse to believe the obvious. Limbaugh has always had a problem .

Who can forget this gem.[To an African American female caller]: “Take that bone out of your nose and call me back.”
    Limbaugh is a racist idiot and anybody that buys what he is selling should take a long look at themselves.

You dont believe that Limbaugh has a problem with a black president lol okay
    When being described as "African American" vs "American", you invite and invoke perceptions of primitive Africans that did indeed put bones in their noses.
    As always, you cannot connect the dots of the context. He speaks in English and you speak in Swahili.
    The point was to ridicule the use of "African" in the identification.
    Thin skinned people...
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    When being described as "African American" vs "American", you invite and invoke perceptions of primitive Africans that did indeed put bones in their noses.
    Only to ignorant racist schmucks.
    Jim

"A criminal is a person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation."

The Evolution of the Tannehill Booster

First Stage: Tannehill is going to be a star in this league.
    Second Stage: Tannehill is better than RGIII, Wilson, etc.
    Third Stage: Tannehill is better than some other AFC East quarterback except Tom Brady.
    Fourth Stage: Tannehill isn't the only problem on the team.

Not even their mothers can tell them apart.
    Quote Quote