Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Limbaugh claims slave is magic word that brought film oscar

1. -21
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    When being described as "African American" vs "American", you invite and invoke perceptions of primitive Africans that did indeed put bones in their noses.
    As always, you cannot connect the dots of the context. He speaks in English and you speak in Swahili.
    The point was to ridicule the use of "African" in the identification.
    Thin skinned people...
    that's among the stupidest things ever said. If the first thing that pops into anyone head when they think of Africa is bones in peoples noses they might want to actually do some actual studies on Africa.
    If Limbaugh is that ignorant nobody should ever listen to this stupid blow hard. Ignorant people. Word association with Rush Limbaugh. Africa- Bones in nose, Slavery-good, black president- Kenyan.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree with rush! The movie actually sucked!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    that's among the stupidest things ever said. If the first thing that pops into anyone head when they think of Africa is bones in peoples noses they might want to actually do some actual studies on Africa.
    If Limbaugh is that ignorant nobody should ever listen to this stupid blow hard. Ignorant people. Word association with Rush Limbaugh. Africa- Bones in nose, Slavery-good, black president- Kenyan.
    I am not a Limbaugh fan, and obviously I cannot explain his reasoning, but that is one scenario that could have passed through his mind. He has a right to his view on the world, even if some do not agree.
    IMHO..He is a pompass jackarse. I don't like his style.
    He makes his living as a radio talk show host. Shock is a good way to publicity and listeners. It seems to work for Howard Stern and and the liberal comedic talk shows.
    Are those people really like that off stage? No one knows but their friends and coworkers.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CattailsrEdible View Post
    I agree with rush! The movie actually sucked!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    rush never saw the movie
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    rush never saw the movie
    Neither did CattailsrEdible.

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So by Limbaugh's accord must be Schindler's List only won because the word "Holocaust" was used.

I guess the next Oscar winner only has to put the word "terrorist" in the theme and ding ding ding.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
    I watched Captain Phillips on a plane yesterday, and while it was good, it was nowhere near as good as 12 Years a Slave. So, the only other nominee that I haven't seen at this point is Her, and while it looks interesting, I highly doubt it will be as good, let alone better. The only one that was on the same level overall was Dallas Buyers Club. Either one of them deserved it, I just think 12 Years had more actors and actresses at the top of their game vs DBC in which Chicks, Man and Leto were the big standouts.

Of course, this is all just my opinion based on the movies I watched, unlike Limbaugh, who could only speculate between pill pops while constantly testing the limits of racism like a toddler tests the limits what they can and can't get into.

Edit: Correction, I haven't seen Philomena or Nebraska yet. Totally forgot they were nominated. I'll probably eventually see them. Maybe on my next flight
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hollywood of old is not Hollywood today....so you cannot go way back in history as Hollywood today is controlled by leftists .

There are no John Wayne's or Lee Marvin's left anymore.

I think that is the point being made, that the far leftists who choose the Oscar winners love these type subjects.

Just as they handed out two more Oscars for roles portraying aids victims and snubbed lone survivor.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFin View Post
    Hollywood of old is not Hollywood today....so you cannot go way back in history as Hollywood today is controlled by leftists .

There are no John Wayne's or Lee Marvin's left anymore.

I think that is the point being made, that the far leftists who choose the Oscar winners love these type subjects.

Just as they handed out two more Oscars for roles portraying aids victims and snubbed lone survivor.
    Yeah yeah, tell it to Clint Eastwood or Robert Duvall.

2012: Argo, though directed by a "lefty" was a pretty conservative "America! **** Yeah! (and let's cut out a good amount of the Canadian involvement, damn commies!)" movie. Also nominated that year was Zero Dark Thirty and Lincoln (a Republican, though it was a different party then). Beasts of the Southern Wild blasts big government for not letting rural people live how they want to live. Pretty conservative ideology, no?

2013: Did you even see Dallas Buyers Club? Since when did AIDs become a "leftie" thing? It's a disease that kills people. Shouldn't that transcend idiotic politics? Hell, true conservatives should love that movie as it blasts "big government" (FDA) interference in the free market. I saw Lone Survivor and it wasn't nearly as good, mostly due to lazy writing and poor character development. Zero Dark Thirty was far superior. Nebraska is about the heartland. What was so lefty about it? Captain Phillips was America! **** Yeah!, though I guess it gave some perspective from the pirates' point of view. God forbid we try to get to the root of problems. Total lefty move, amirite? Philomena...Haven't seen it yet, but it looks like it's about family. Not America! **** Yeah! enough, I guess.

Other "righty(?)" winners: The Hurt Locker, an amazing movie. I'd consider No Country for Old Men in that category and another great movie. Million Dollar Baby. Letters from Iwo Jima was good, but so was The Departed. Don't know how you can argue it unless you automatically give the win to any movie that has the military in it.

I'd say most movies are neither lefty nor righty. They're just movies.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    You could have had free beer, for shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wonder if those who cry out "LIBERAL GUILT" would rather have us forget slavery ever happened and ignore the dark parts of our history.

Every country has something messed up in their past, we need to remember our tragic, uncomfortable history so one day we don't repeat it.
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote