Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dolphin chatter from Barry Jackson

1. -1
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin

Dolphin chatter from Barry Jackson

### If the Dolphins do not keep Soliai or Starks, they will push to sign a starter from among a group that includes the Giants’ Linval Joseph, Chicago’s Henry Melton, Baltimore’s Arthur Jones, Dallas’ Jason Hatcher, Atlanta’s Jonathan Babineaux or Peria Jerry, Houston’sEarl Mitchell and Oakland’s Pat Sims and Vance Walker and San Diego’s Cam Thomas. Also available: Minnesota’s Kevin Williams andFred Evans and the Giants’ Mike Patterson.

### Cornerback Nolan Carroll is expected to test free agency. The Dolphins want to keep him, but he wants to be paid like a starter, according to an official who spoke to the Dolphins’ front office. Miami is reluctant to do that, but a deal could still be reached.

### The Dolphins have decided to move Dannell Ellerbe to outside linebacker (weakside) if they sign middle linebacker D'Qwell Jackson, who visited the Dolphins on Tuesday and will choose among Denver, Indianapolis, Miami and Tennessee. Jackson, cut by Cleveland last month, will visit the Colts on Wednesday before deciding his next team.
    Philip Wheeler, if he sticks around, would compete with Koa Misi at strongside linebacker. Misi is Miami’s best linebacker against the run, which was a deficiency in 2013. Cutting Ellerbe (who is guaranteed $6 million in 2014) and Wheeler (guaranteed $5 million) wouldn't help because their cap hits are the same if they stay or go.
    Jackson was below average against the run last season but better than Wheeler, according to ProFootballFocus.com. Among free agent linebackers who were effective against the run, options would include the Patriots’ Brandon Spikes, the Giants’ Jon Beason, Cincinnati’s Vinny Rey and Houston’s Daryl Sharpton.
    Spikes, expected to move on from New England, would be an upgrade, but he’s not a conformist (he didn’t show up for voluntary workouts last June) and Joe Philbin likes conformists.

Players can speak to other teams beginning Saturday but cannot sign with a new team before Tuesday.
    ### Among their restricted free agents, the Dolphins made a tender to quarterback Pat Devlin (Philbin likes him; Miami gave him an exclusive rights tender) but not to cornerback R.J. Stanford or tackle Will Yeatman, both of whom thus become unrestricted free agents. Danny Watkins' agent said he didn't expect Watkins to be tendered.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    I'd absolutely take a chance on Melton for the right price. If he returns to pre-ACL injury form that dude can be a beast.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Thank goodness we can move on from Will Yeatman posts of him being an answer at LT. Nothing against Yeatman. Everything against posters that pinned for him to start at LT.

I think Miami should play the market at DT. Nothing wrong with allowing for some dollar amounts to come down. Plus, more players could be added to this group after cuts are made.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Dolphins Homer
    Is it just my perception, but is Ellerbee too slow to play Will backer?

Every time I see a stupid post I remind myself we don't have this guy as a fan
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    most those big name dts are not good vs the run...wheeler at strong side olb ha ha good luck with that...jon beason is someone that interest me in a 2 down way

no tender for will yeatman...guess they've given up

kevin williams is washed up

doesnt sound like lb is something they want to supplement in the draft if they can sign a veteran...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus45 View Post
    Is it just my perception, but is Ellerbee too slow to play Will backer?
    My thoughts exactly!!! If you think about it Misi can barely keep up and I think Ellerbee maybe a little slower. Ideally, it seems to me that both of those players are ILBs in a 3-4 scheme. When I think of OLB i think of guys that can move and cover...
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think what is funny is seeing Fred Evans on that list. A former saban disciple
    My friend is attempting to raise money to donate to Susan G Komen after the passing of her mother Please if you have time check out her blog

dirtyblondesuperwoman.tumblr for the full story and amazing read.
    Help put in foot in Cancer's ass vist www.teespring.com/CancerCanSuckIt
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Melton. Top 5 DT when healthy. Only reason he is seeing FA is due to injury...Id be betting on him returning to form.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i'd sign for melton too but you need a plugger next to him...cam thomas would probably work for that in a rotation with odrick...and he shouldn't cost much...melton if he hits though will have a market...guys like jason hatcher off his sack performance in a 43 would cost more than solia or starks so that's out...

melton could sign a one year deal to show people he's still got it and then try to cash in next offseason for big money...

if cam thomas market is more than $4 million per i'd be surprised
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Barry Jackson's statement on Devlin is confusing. He calls Devlin a restricted free agent but says we placed an exclusive rights tender on him. Either he is a restricted free agent or an exclusive rights free agent, he can't be both. The difference between salaries would be around $500,000(exclusive) or at least $1.4 million for a restricted free agent(depends on tender level). Which is it?

Can't say I am susprised that they are deciding agaisnt tenders for Stanford, Yeatman and Watkins. None of those guys is worth $1.4 million - $3.1 million that the restricted tender would demand.

My next question is will the Dolphins place exlusive rights tenders on Jonathan Freeny and Michael Thomas? I hope so.

Quote Quote