Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ohio continues to cut early voting period

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Omg Spesh, you had to bring up redistricting! What a crock of crap to ensure some idiot stays in power! I know, let's just cut everyone out that won't vote for me.

I agree with you Gonzo that the whole system is screwed up royally. I am 41 and extremely cynical...I trust nothing from the media or politicians. Our votes are manipulated and minimized with false information and dramatic bull crap. I don't even have any faith in how the votes are counted. You and Spesh hit the nail on the head that no one is going to change anything because none of them could survive in a fair political environment. I am about halfway convinced that both sides are in cahoots and playing their sides against the middle. What a bunch of assholes!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    It's sad that I'm already this cynical of the system at 33, but it hasn't changed much since I was 18 (2008)
    New math or beer?
    Jim

"A criminal is a person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation."

Not even their mothers can tell them apart.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JTC111 View Post
    New math or beer?
    I must be getting senile, I didn't catch that and it took me a second after I read your post! Hahaha

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    New math or beer?
    ****. 2000 and I was 20. I was just reading an article about the 2008 issues with absentee ballots, so my brain twisted it all up.

That being said, yes, alcohol played a role (palomas, not beer). Of course. I'm sitting by a pool in the Tucson sun.

And I think it's called Fuzzy Math.

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ****. 2000 and I was 20. I was just reading an article about the 2008 issues with absentee ballots, so my brain twisted it all up.

That being said, yes, alcohol played a role (palomas, not beer). Of course. I'm sitting by a pool in the Tucson sun.

And I think it's called Fuzzy Math.
    Tucson? Your loc: says Brooklyn. Did you repot yourself or are you on vacation?
    BTW, I grew up in Brooklyn.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Tucson? Your loc: says Brooklyn. Did you repot yourself or are you on vacation?
    BTW, I grew up in Brooklyn.
    Here for the weekend. Sorta vacation.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here for the weekend. Sorta vacation.
    What part of Brooklyn are you from? I grew up in Midwood... Brooklyn Ave. between I and J.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The military should be given extended and preferential voting access due to their deployments and geographical locations. When I cast my vote at Rhein Main in Germany 1980 for Reagan, I actually felt like it was just going to be thrown out and with all the rest of the military vote because the incumbent was a democrat. I apparently wasn't and thankfully Reagan won.
    With all the BS that goes on now with the elections...ensuring the military vote is paramount.
    Regarding Ohio, the extended voting just creates more time for fraud. The vote should occur on one day. If you cannot take time to vote, then you should not vote IMHO.
    Whenever is hear the word "disenfranchise" I just roll my eyes. More voting locations should be used, not extending the window.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    With all the BS that goes on now with the elections...ensuring the military vote is paramount.
    No person's vote is more important than any other person's vote.

Regarding Ohio, the extended voting just creates more time for fraud.
    What fraud? How many cases of voter fraud were prosecuted during Bush's eight years? The right engages in all this hyperbole about fraud when all they're really doing is looking for an excuse to make it as difficult as possible for traditionally Democratic-leaning demographic groups to vote. It's not a secret. Many have admitted it publicly.

The vote should occur on one day. If you cannot take time to vote, then you should not vote IMHO.
    Whenever is hear the word "disenfranchise" I just roll my eyes. More voting locations should be used, not extending the window.
    People shouldn't have to wait in line hours to vote in an election. We should be striving for as much voter participation as possible so that government can truly represent the people of this country but instead, rightwing politicians constantly seek ways to limit or impede one's ability to vote. That's about as un-American as it gets.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No person's vote is more important than any other person's vote.

What fraud? How many cases of voter fraud were prosecuted during Bush's eight years? The right engages in all this hyperbole about fraud when all they're really doing is looking for an excuse to make it as difficult as possible for traditionally Democratic-leaning demographic groups to vote. It's not a secret. Many have admitted it publicly.

People shouldn't have to wait in line hours to vote in an election. We should be striving for as much voter participation as possible so that government can truly represent the people of this country but instead, rightwing politicians constantly seek ways to limit or impede one's ability to vote. That's about as un-American as it gets.

The last 2 elections included lost military votes and deliberate incompetence bordering voting fraud. It's not a secret. Many have admitted it publicly.

There was no need to investigate fraud during Bush's elections because the republicans won. Bush/gore 2000 went to court, the recount occurred and Bush won with more votes.
    Traditionally democratic? In the last 2 elections. Before Obozo, since 1970, the country has leaned conservative or moderate in every election apart from Carter. Better read your history book again.
    This country is conservative leaning. The last two elections are an aberration when compared to history.
    Republicans do not stoop to the gutter like liberals. The millennial's working in politics have no ethics. Got to hand it to them for their ingenuity and putting their computers to use. Loosening the rules of identification while voting, extending hours, and stifling the military vote has opened the door for fraud. Key districts are targeted to swing elections. It is not widespread, it is precisely targeted. It is war. It's not a secret. Many have admitted it publicly.

Long lines? I have never waited more than 15 minutes in my 53 years. This is just propaganda. As I stated, using the money slated for a longer window could be used to add additional voting locations where needed. No one gets turned away or waits very long. Most wait 20 minutes for a doctor appointment. That is not excessive.
    Instead of skeleton crews standing in empty voting locations for days on end, the resources could be used to bolster the manpower on a single day or two.
    It doesn't help the lazy liberal progressive agenda, so they are opposed.
    It's not a secret. Many have admitted it publicly.

We are completely opposed. Thank goodness.
    Quote Quote