Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ohio continues to cut early voting period

1. -31
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    The organized attempt at voter fraud was not an accident. These people were knowingly breaking laws to help Obama win the election.
    These were targeted and organized voting fraud actions in key voting districts of states that were dead even or to close to call.
    The Millennium Dems did their homework, did the polling, threw out false polling info, and took the illegal initiative(knowing that Holder would never prosecute) and did what they had to do.
    Elections are war now.
    Rahm Immanuel said that the Regressive liberals were going to put their foot on the neck of conservatives, and he meant it. Look at the results.
    They were not voting for Romney.
    So what your saying is: we should really go after those who tried to commit "fraud" in key areas that could have swung the election towards a particular candidate. Im game.

What first appeared to be an isolated problem in one Florida county has now spread statewide, with election officials in nine counties informing prosecutors or state election officials about questionable voter registration forms filled out on behalf of the Republican Party of Florida.

State Republican officials already have fired the vendor it had hired to register voters, and took the additional step of filing an election fraud complaint against the company, Strategic Allied Consulting, with state officials. That complaint was handed over Friday to state law-enforcement authorities...

Florida is the battleground state where past election problems led to the chaotic recount that followed the 2000 presidential election.
    http://news.yahoo.com/voter-registra...-election.html

Revelations that the Republican National Committee urged several states to hire a consulting firm that submitted potentially fraudulent voter registration forms in Florida are continuing to cause embarrassment to the Republican Party...

The Los Angeles Times reported that the RNC urged the state GOP in seven swing states to hire the firm, despite the fact that the man who runs it, Nathan Sproul, has been accused of running firms that have destroyed Democratic registrations. Sproul told the newspaper that RNC officials asked him to set up a new firm, Strategic Allied Consulting, so that his efforts would not be linked to those allegations. The RNC has reportedly paid the firm at least $3.1 million via state parties.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/voter-re...ims-singe-gop/

That is despite the fact that, like JTC stated, "election fraud" is different than "voter registration fraud". Which is not to say messing with the registration process is acceptable, but then again Republicans have been having a merry time gutting those as well. Florida and Minnesota went through registration purges, making legitimate voters leap through hoops right before the election.

This really isnt up for debate. The tactics and words spoken by Republicans show, beyond a doubt, that they simply dont want people voting. Period. The numbers about actual election fraud say its not a problem. And if we are going to paint one party as criminal and insidious throughout this entire process, then its clear the candidate who would benefit from such tactics wouldnt have been Obama. Anyone who is actually an advocate of small government should be seething at this stuff.
    Last edited by Spesh; 03-09-2014 at 05:36 PM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Florida was dissected into counties and the liberal heads did the calculations. It came down to winning a couple of small counties to win Florida. Easy pickings.
    Voting and registration fraud in the same manner happened in Ohio. Probably in other key states as well.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Florida was dissected into counties and the liberal heads did the calculations. It came down to winning a couple of small counties to win Florida. Easy pickings.
    Voting and registration fraud in the same manner happened in Ohio. Probably in other key states as well.
    Again, counties don't matter in a presidential election. Only the state total decides who gets the electoral votes, except for Maine and Nebraska which allow for split votes, but neither of those is at issue here.
    Jim

"A criminal is a person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation."

The Evolution of the Tannehill Booster

First Stage: Tannehill is going to be a star in this league.
    Second Stage: Tannehill is better than RGIII, Wilson, etc.
    Third Stage: Tannehill is better than some other AFC East quarterback except Tom Brady.
    Fourth Stage: Tannehill isn't the only problem on the team.

Not even their mothers can tell them apart.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    So what your saying is: we should really go after those who tried to commit "fraud" in key areas that could have swung the election towards a particular candidate. Im game.

http://news.yahoo.com/voter-registra...-election.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/voter-re...ims-singe-gop/

That is despite the fact that, like JTC stated, "election fraud" is different than "voter registration fraud". Which is not to say messing with the registration process is acceptable, but then again Republicans have been having a merry time gutting those as well. Florida and Minnesota went through registration purges, making legitimate voters leap through hoops right before the election.

This really isnt up for debate. The tactics and words spoken by Republicans show, beyond a doubt, that they simply dont want people voting. Period. The numbers about actual election fraud say its not a problem. And if we are going to paint one party as criminal and insidious throughout this entire process, then its clear the candidate who would benefit from such tactics wouldnt have been Obama. Anyone who is actually an advocate of small government should be seething at this stuff.
    Put their asses in jail. This **** has to stop! I won't tolerate fraud, suppression, or any other bull **** tactics to steal elections...even if my candidate wins. I know I keep saying this but I really believe we need to clean house and take our country back!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I haven't read the thread, but let's assume for a moment that voter fraud is actually the concern behind this. Can someone explain to me (or point me to someone who already did) how cutting down on early voting makes it more difficult to cheat?

Obviously there isn't really any fraud to look at but I would imagine if someone was going to put in the effort to cheat, he/she wouldn't be discouraged simply because he/she can't do it a few days earlier.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    I haven't read the thread, but let's assume for a moment that voter fraud is actually the concern behind this. Can someone explain to me (or point me to someone who already did) how cutting down on early voting makes it more difficult to cheat?

Obviously there isn't really any fraud to look at but I would imagine if someone was going to put in the effort to cheat, he/she wouldn't be discouraged simply because he/she can't do it a few days earlier.
    Reality doesn't factor into this. None of this has to do with voter fraud. It's all about putting up obstacles to groups most likely to vote Democratic.

Earlier in the thread, Langer gave us this gem...
    Long lines? I have never waited more than 15 minutes in my 53 years. This is just propaganda.
    We live in an internet age. It's not difficult to find out for yourself if the stories are true.
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...=0-0&sp=-1&sk=

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Polls-O...177449191.html

http://fox8.com/2012/12/29/report-floridas-long-lines-kept-50k-from-voting/

I've never waited more than 15 minutes either. Some of us are lucky that way. But I'm not so egocentric as to believe that my experience is everyone's experience. Or perhaps it's an incredibly cynical ploy where you label the truth as "propaganda" as a means of spreading propaganda.

When lines are hours long, and voting is limited to one day, I'm not sure how parents of young children pull it off. We need to find a better way. Government can't represent the people if the people are discouraged from participating in the process.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JTC111 View Post
    Reality doesn't factor into this. None of this has to do with voter fraud. It's all about putting up obstacles to groups most likely to vote Democratic.

Earlier in the thread, Langer gave us this gem...

We live in an internet age. It's not difficult to find out for yourself if the stories are true.
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...=0-0&sp=-1&sk=

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Polls-O...177449191.html

http://fox8.com/2012/12/29/report-floridas-long-lines-kept-50k-from-voting/

I've never waited more than 15 minutes either. Some of us are lucky that way. But I'm not so egocentric as to believe that my experience is everyone's experience. Or perhaps it's an incredibly cynical ploy where you label the truth as "propaganda" as a means of spreading propaganda.

When lines are hours long, and voting is limited to one day, I'm not sure how parents of young children pull it off. We need to find a better way. Government can't represent the people if the people are discouraged from participating in the process.
    You didn't copy the whole quote..

Long lines? I have never waited more than 15 minutes in my 53 years. This is just propaganda. As I stated, using the money slated for a longer window could be used to add additional voting locations where needed. No one gets turned away or waits very long. Most wait 20 minutes for a doctor appointment. That is not excessive.
    Instead of skeleton crews standing in empty voting locations for days on end, the resources could be used to bolster the manpower on a single day or two.

Note the part you left off.
    BTW, Allen was giving his opinion, nothing more.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JTC111 View Post
    What part of Brooklyn are you from? I grew up in Midwood... Brooklyn Ave. between I and J.
    Live in Bed-Stuy, right off the Ghost train east of Classon. Love this town!

Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Live in Bed-Stuy, right off the Ghost train east of Classon. Love this town!
    I lived in Brooklyn until I was 16. It was a great place to grow up. My block was like a mini U.N. with people from all over the world. Then we moved to Long Island where kids were helpless and could do nothing for themselves. Very different worlds.
    Quote Quote