Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Video: Why Libertarians Are Idiots

1. -11
    Like me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The guy in the video is one of the stupidest people I have ever heard .
    The problem isn't that the government is corrupt .
    The problem is that people accept it .
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Like me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    I would have to agree with this. IMO, an absolutely incredibly powerful government that regulates the crap out of everything does not sound like an answer to me...sounds like another problem.

I do want to make it clear though that I am with him when it comes to his feelings on business. I feel if they are free to do as they wish, it will never work out for the regular joe. I don't care for all of these buyouts of these big businesses by other even bigger competitors...I feel it usually leaves the consumer with less choices and higher prices, so I would hope that there is an answer somewhere in the middle...balance would be the key.
    That is correct the deeper the government gets in to regulating business the more opportunity there is for corruption .
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Like me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Try some of this chit man .
    Attached Images
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    I would have to agree with this. IMO, an absolutely incredibly powerful government that regulates the crap out of everything does not sound like an answer to me...sounds like another problem.
    I do want to make it clear though that I am with him when it comes to his feelings on business. I feel if they are free to do as they wish, it will never work out for the regular joe. I don't care for all of these buyouts of these big businesses by other even bigger competitors...I feel it usually leaves the consumer with less choices and higher prices, so I would hope that there is an answer somewhere in the middle...balance would be the key.
    What would that "somewhere in the middle" be? The only way you can keep businesses in check is with laws/regulations. The video guy is absolutely correct in that self-regulation is a myth, and it's one the corporations would love for all of us to buy into because it would give them free reign to do whatever they please while at the same time claiming everything they do is fine because the people haven't grabbed their torches and pitchforks yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MAYHEM View Post
    The guy in the video is one of the stupidest people I have ever heard .
    The problem isn't that the government is corrupt .
    The problem is that people accept it .
    The problem is the government is corrupt and the system we have, a system bought and paid for by the corporate interests, encourages further corruption. That video nailed it.
    Jim

"A criminal is a person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation."

The Evolution of the Tannehill Booster

First Stage: Tannehill is going to be a star in this league.
    Second Stage: Tannehill is better than RGIII, Wilson, etc.
    Third Stage: Tannehill is better than some other AFC East quarterback except Tom Brady.
    Fourth Stage: Tannehill isn't the only problem on the team.

Not even their mothers can tell them apart.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Like me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JTC111 View Post
    What would that "somewhere in the middle" be? The only way you can keep businesses in check is with laws/regulations. The video guy is absolutely correct in that self-regulation is a myth, and it's one the corporations would love for all of us to buy into because it would give them free reign to do whatever they please while at the same time claiming everything they do is fine because the people haven't grabbed their torches and pitchforks yet.

The problem is the government is corrupt and the system we have, a system bought and paid for by the corporate interests, encourages further corruption. That video nailed it.
    Can we expect the government to regulate itself out of corruption ?
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MAYHEM View Post
    Can we expect the government to regulate itself out of corruption ?
    Yes, that's exactly what we need to happen. How else would you rid the government of corruption? You can change the players but the game and rules remain the same.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I saw this yesterday and I think this guy nails it.

So please tell me you didn't vote for Obama twice??

Because if you did then not only are you the idiot but also a total hypocrite. Because Obama has been the best gift to Wall Street, Banks, Corporations and Cronyism since.....I don't know....BUSH!!!

The guy lost me at blaming this all on capitalism when that is never what we had in the first place. We have a quite a regulated and controlled market by the government that resulted in corporatism and cronyism. As long as the Federal Reserve exists with it's printing presses and manipulations of interests rates. Along with smoke and mirror inflation numbers. Not to mention a HUGE government bureaucracy that is totally incapable of balancing a budget and makes it rain with our money. We will never have anything good. Stop blaming this on capitalism and blame the true culprit. Corporatism, Cronyism, Bloated Government Budgets and the Military Industrial Complex.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    So please tell me you didn't vote for Obama twice??

Because if you did then not only are you the idiot but also a total hypocrite. Because Obama has been the best gift to Wall Street, Banks, Corporations and Cronyism since.....I don't know....BUSH!!!
    Nope, voted for him in '08 and voted for Jill Stein in '12. Now tell me you weren't one of the idiots who voted for Romney thinking he'd be any better on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Stop blaming this on capitalism and blame the true culprit. Corporatism, Cronyism, Bloated Government Budgets and the Military Industrial Complex.
    All those things in red are the product of poorly regulated capitalism.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nope, voted for him in '08 and voted for Jill Stein in '12. Now tell me you weren't one of the idiots who voted for Romney thinking he'd be any better on this issue.

All those things in red are examples of poorly regulated capitalism.
    Been voting 3rd party for 14 years. Romney was the biggest douche since Obama.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=JTC111;1065026325]Nope, voted for him in '08 and voted for Jill Stein in '12. Now tell me you weren't one of the idiots who voted for Romney thinking he'd be any better on this issue.

All those things in red are the product of poorly regulated capitalism.[/QUOTE]

Huh??

Corporatism and Cronyism is the result of bloated government budgets. Too much money and power that's waiting to get hijacked and corrupted. The MIC is quite regulated....for the benefit of the corporations involved. Fact is when you have a government that has far-reaching powers to take money and spend it along with having rich, elite friends. Then you have what we have now.
    Quote Quote