Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's already starting

1. -21
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Just moved to Charlotte.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Go away.... Today is a good positive day. Been WAY to much negativity
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm bracing myself for all of the crying and bitching today. The way I look at it is anyone we get is an upgrade to what we had. We will pay what has been established by the market. It is what it is people. Just be happy we are trying to upgrade.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xXwarXx View Post
    When Monroe agrees to a deal with the ravens, and you realize, holy crap, there's no more left tackles on the market.

Your going to be happy we spent a few extra dollars to make sure we had Albert.

Or are you all forgetting we went through this last season? Your memories are that short?
    We don't have to have the best LT available or the 2nd or 3rd for that matter, we need a guy who can play the position that won't eat up 28% of our cap, when we have 3 other positions on the OL alone to fill. I like Albert for 6-7.5 million a yr, if we don't pay him 11 million no one else will.....we are biding against ourselves again just like we did with Wallace...make him a fair offer with a nice bonus and if he declines let someone else break the bank for him....don't let the urgency of filling the position affect the price we pay, we have to be smart.....I hope Hickey gets him at the right price.....
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

UGH

Magget_Phin
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by jvw View Post
    We don't have to have the best LT available or the 2nd or 3rd for that matter, we need a guy who can play the position that won't eat up 28% of our cap, when we have 3 other positions on the OL alone to fill. I like Albert for 6-7.5 million a yr, if we don't pay him 11 million no one else will.....we are biding against ourselves again just like we did with Wallace...make him a fair offer with a nice bonus and if he declines let someone else break the bank for him....don't let the urgency of filling the position affect the price we pay, we have to be smart.....I hope Hickey gets him at the right price.....
    Albert made 9.8 million last year via the franchise tag. What makes you think he wouldn't make as much this year? 6-7.5 million, another number that's completely made up yet made to look like it's his true market value.

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xXwarXx View Post
    ...Or are you all forgetting we went through this last season? Your memories are that short?
    Or maybe, its something as simple as a ritalin shortage???
    Itís reassuring to know the world is crazier than you are. - Erik Selvig, Thor: The Dark World

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    58 sacks

Quote Quote  

8. -28
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox Logo
Gift received at 07-03-2014, 03:24 PM from CallMeDaddyChevy Logo
Gift received at 06-24-2014, 08:43 PM from D0lphan72
Gift received at 01-14-2014, 08:29 PM from CalDolFan10x14
Message: Checking to see if this really works.2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Albert made 9.8 million last year via the franchise tag. What makes you think he wouldn't make as much this year? 6-7.5 million, another number that's completely made up yet made to look like it's his true market value.
    i'm sure the same people saying not to overspend on albert, would be the same people bitching, if miami didn't offer enough, and then none of the top FA tackles sign with miami, would cry "no one wants to play for miami!" "hickey can't get top talent in miami" etc etc.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dtjp17 View Post
    10 mill a year to Albert is way beyond stupid for a 29 injury prone left tackle. That is far from a discount, why not just give Monroe 11 a year for a younger I his prime LT.
    I'm giving you a thumbs up, not because I agree but because I just want to be kind to you.

Dude, you are flat out wrong. I'm a pessimistic guy. I didn't want Albert either. I wanted us to draft a LT, that's probably not gonna happen (still can though). You have to understand that the market for LTs is going to be high because the salary cap is inflating and Albert is the biggest name available (get it out of your mind that Monroe was possible, he's staying a Raven). Just hold your nose and hope for the best for Albert and the team like what I'm doing. No sense in whining and making a new thread about it.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    I agree 100%. People need to pull numbers out of somewhere other than their rectums. Albert was going to get 10+ from SOMEONE.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by truedolfan57 View Post
    i'm sure the same people saying not to overspend on albert, would be the same people bitching, if miami didn't offer enough, and then none of the top FA tackles sign with miami, would cry "no one wants to play for miami!" "hickey can't get top talent in miami" etc etc.
    I wouldn't doubt it
    Quote Quote