Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why I'm burning my last bridge with Obama

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    Stopped watching at 40 seconds.

Well... it was as he was the first black president, however since she is not black and says she "shed a tear of euphoria" it sounds like she was expecting some kind of grand transformation of the government from his election.

It doesn't work that way. There's this little thing called Congress. They make the law. If you want the President's agenda to get anywhere beyond the regs, the voters need to pressure their respective representatives.

Done.

Lame excuse.

Obama sure as hell had NO PROBLEM with congress when it came to continuing and even expanded all of Bush's bad policies. He even requested more of it. And what about the veto?

In fact name one bad policy of Bush that Obama ended?

If you would have got past the 40 second mark you would have noticed that this was an attack on Obama continuing and expanding Bush's policies. From the Patriot Act, NDAA, Attacks on Privacy, Wars, Suspension of Habaes Corpus....you know the important stuff. Congress was bout it, bout it when it came to Obama's wishes on that.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Lame excuse.

Obama sure as hell had NO PROBLEM with congress when it came to continuing and even expanded all of Bush's bad policies. He even requested more of it. And what about the veto?

In fact name one bad policy of Bush that Obama ended?

If you would have got past the 40 second mark you would have noticed that this was an attack on Obama continuing and expanding Bush's policies. From the Patriot Act, NDAA, Attacks on Privacy, Wars, Suspension of Habaes Corpus....you know the important stuff. Congress was bout it, bout it when it came to Obama's wishes on that.
    It's not an excuse for something, I'm criticizing her for thinking if she just votes for someone for President who claims he/she wants to change things, that's all she needs to do and everything else will magically fall into place.

However, after watching rest the only thing I noticed was a reading of superficial headlines, some of which ignores salient details about the situation. But those are old arguments I'm not about to rehash. Either way, there's hardly anything "brilliant" about her.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's not an excuse for something, I'm criticizing her for thinking if she just votes for someone for President who claims he/she wants to change things, that's all she needs to do and everything else will magically fall into place.

However, after watching rest the only thing I noticed was a reading of superficial headlines, some of which ignores salient details about the situation. But those are old arguments I'm not about to rehash. Either way, there's hardly anything "brilliant" about her.
    You've made the excuse before for Obama (about congress). It's a lame one. He's Bush 3.0 on every level. He didn't even try to stop any of it. From day 1 Obama was just a better salesman for a BS agenda that was a continuation of the same Bush agenda. Wrapped up in a pretty little bow. He's a fraud and that's was the point of the video.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I liked the video, won't say that she's brilliant, I do think she understands though. It doesn't matter who or what party is there, nothing really changes.

As far as going for headlines and leaving out salient details, well, it was a short video, how much detail can she go into? It's not like any of it completely misrepresented what he has done, like many republicans that never seem to be able to get the correct debt numbers in comparisons between Bush and Obama, or those losers that show how low the gas prices were when Bush left office as compared to now...THAT is big time misrepresentation, I do not see that with her.

I still do not understand how someone could actually seem to be more perturbed with the virtually innocent (ahem) girl that made the video than the corrupt bought and paid for President that could actually CHANGE THINGS FOR THE BETTER IF HE WAS SO MOVED. Yeah, boy, he really does hate those lobbyists doesn't he? Especially the pharmaceutical ones...hates them...fights them tooth and nail.

My opinion people that continue to carry water for either of the two failed parties in this country are holding back the possible reform that may be possible if everyone just came to he conclusion this girls has. As long as you keep voting for them NOTHING WILL CHANGE.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What happened to personal responsibility?

Much easier to bitch and moan I suppose.

Easier to blame A B C D E F G on a video, message board, radio show,etc than to actually work.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    Easier to blame A B C D E F G on a video, message board, radio show,etc than to actually work.
    How do you know if she's working or not?
    Jim

"A criminal is a person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation."

The Evolution of the Tannehill Booster

First Stage: Tannehill is going to be a star in this league.
    Second Stage: Tannehill is better than RGIII, Wilson, etc.
    Third Stage: Tannehill is better than some other AFC East quarterback except Tom Brady.
    Fourth Stage: Tannehill isn't the only problem on the team.

Not even their mothers can tell them apart.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    I liked the video, won't say that she's brilliant, I do think she understands though. It doesn't matter who or what party is there, nothing really changes.

As far as going for headlines and leaving out salient details, well, it was a short video, how much detail can she go into? It's not like any of it completely misrepresented what he has done, like many republicans that never seem to be able to get the correct debt numbers in comparisons between Bush and Obama, or those losers that show how low the gas prices were when Bush left office as compared to now...THAT is big time misrepresentation, I do not see that with her.

I still do not understand how someone could actually seem to be more perturbed with the virtually innocent (ahem) girl that made the video than the corrupt bought and paid for President that could actually CHANGE THINGS FOR THE BETTER IF HE WAS SO MOVED. Yeah, boy, he really does hate those lobbyists doesn't he? Especially the pharmaceutical ones...hates them...fights them tooth and nail.

My opinion people that continue to carry water for either of the two failed parties in this country are holding back the possible reform that may be possible if everyone just came to he conclusion this girls has. As long as you keep voting for them NOTHING WILL CHANGE.
    Besides certain foreign policies (that I've long criticized) what things could the President change for the better "if he was so moved"?

Contrary to what D9954 thinks, I am not trying to say the President is this great humanitarian who wants to change things but just can't catch a break. I am saying even if he did want to, there are limits to what he can do. Substantial limits.

I am not more perturbed by her, I am simply long since jaded when it comes to our political system and I don't have the time nor the inclination to rant about every single thing a politician does that I find annoying. I did have the time to click on this thread and start watching this short video, at which point I recognized this woman doing something that is one of my biggest pet peeves: arguing about something one is completely ignorant of.

And while the focus of my criticism of her is on what she said in the first 40 seconds, some of the things she mentioned are absolutely misrepresentations, i.e. the President "asserted the right to detain them [Americans] without trial", "seized the authority to assassinate Americans . . . without providing any due process . . .", and "criminalizing protests". Others ignore the other side, i.e. "helping out the insurance companies" which also helped people with preexisting medical conditions. And those are just the things I've happened to look into.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Besides certain foreign policies (that I've long criticized) what things could the President change for the better "if he was so moved"?

Contrary to what D9954 thinks, I am not trying to say the President is this great humanitarian who wants to change things but just can't catch a break. I am saying even if he did want to, there are limits to what he can do. Substantial limits.

I am not more perturbed by her, I am simply long since jaded when it comes to our political system and I don't have the time nor the inclination to rant about every single thing a politician does that I find annoying. I did have the time to click on this thread and start watching this short video, at which point I recognized this woman doing something that is one of my biggest pet peeves: arguing about something one is completely ignorant of.

And while the focus of my criticism of her is on what she said in the first 40 seconds, some of the things she mentioned are absolutely misrepresentations, i.e. the President "asserted the right to detain them [Americans] without trial", "seized the authority to assassinate Americans . . . without providing any due process . . .", and "criminalizing protests". Others ignore the other side, i.e. "helping out the insurance companies" which also helped people with preexisting medical conditions. And those are just the things I've happened to look into.
    You know what...you are right, how in the world could I forget pre existing medical conditions? You're right on that, I know about that fairly well since my wife has type 1 diabetes. I was not an Obama fan, but I held out one hope, I did say well at least our health care system will get over hauled when he was elected. I honestly did, I knew that was the one thing he was good for, 9954 said I was stupid to think he would do anything to really change that. I knew he was wrong, he was too cynical.

Then one day finataxia started a thread ( an Obama supporter by the way) on an article in the Huffington Post about an internal WHITEHOUSE MEMO (google it if you don't believe me) that entailed the SELLING OUT of the people before it even had gotten to congress. I think the article even documented a few democratic congressmen as being a little surprised at how fast he did exactly what he said he wouldn't .

He gave us the exact same crap reform that republicans would have given us, just switch the pre existing conditions for tort reform. Isn't it pretty telling that as you are jumping in to protect him here you had to use the one freaking thing he has done in his almost 6 years in office. I always use that and the upping of he EPA gas mileage of our cars as the two things I can say he did that might actually help us in the long run.

He is as corrupt and as two faced as they come.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post

WOW, you would have fit in real well in pre war Germany...yeah really, what's that bitches problem??
    Quote Quote  

10. -20

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    You know what...you are right, how in the world could I forget pre existing medical conditions? You're right on that, I know about that fairly well since my wife has type 1 diabetes. I was not an Obama fan, but I held out one hope, I did say well at least our health care system will get over hauled when he was elected. I honestly did, I knew that was the one thing he was good for, 9954 said I was stupid to think he would do anything to really change that. I knew he was wrong, he was too cynical.

Then one day finataxia started a thread ( an Obama supporter by the way) on an article in the Huffington Post about an internal WHITEHOUSE MEMO (google it if you don't believe me) that entailed the SELLING OUT of the people before it even had gotten to congress. I think the article even documented a few democratic congressmen as being a little surprised at how fast he did exactly what he said he wouldn't .

He gave us the exact same crap reform that republicans would have given us, just switch the pre existing conditions for tort reform. Isn't it pretty telling that as you are jumping in to protect him here you had to use the one freaking thing he has done in his almost 6 years in office. I always use that and the upping of he EPA gas mileage of our cars as the two things I can say he did that might actually help us in the long run.

He is as corrupt and as two faced as they come.
    There's more in my post than that second to last sentence...
    Quote Quote