Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Certainly We Can't Be Pleased

1. -31
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus45 View Post
    How did we let rivals get better?
    Obviously, Hickey encouraged Decker to sign w/ the jest?

Then, Lazor pleaded w/ Revis to ink a deal w/ the patsies?
    Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers. - Voltaire

Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannchise View Post
    perfect example of letting rivals get better - where is the corner to counteract Decker? The WR opposite Wallace to counteract Revis? Man, you all really don't know how to build teams - mediocre fans for a mediocre team. Omar was right
    This is up there w the stupidest posts I've ever seen on this site. The whole post is bad and then ending with "omar was right" is like a stupidity exclamation point.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    perfect example of letting rivals get better - where is the corner to counteract Decker? The WR opposite Wallace to counteract Revis? Man, you all really don't know how to build teams - mediocre fans for a mediocre team. Omar was right
    lol, you know how many times this franchise has brought in big name free agents and done nothing in the season when it all matters. You don't know how to build a team.

We signed a bunch of big name free agents last year and we didn't make the playoffs.

2009 - Traded for Tony McDaniel; Signed Jake Grove, Gibril Wilson, Cameron Wake, Joe Berger, Ethan Kilmer, Eric Green - Result...no playoffs
    2010 - Traded for Brandon Marshall; Signed Karlos Dansby, Richie Incognito, Cory Procter, Montavious Stanley, Marques Douglas, Charles Grant, Bobby Carpenter, Clifton Smith - Result - no playoffs
    2011 - Traded for Reggie Bush; Signed Kevin Burnett, Jason Trusnik, Matt Moore, Ronald Fields, Marc Colombo, Jason Taylor, Kevin O'Connell, Ray Willis, David Nixon, K.J. Gerard, John Matthews, Marvin Mitchell, Larry Johnson, Gerald Alexander, Will Yeatman, Dante Rosario, Ryan Cook, Will Allen, Igor Oshansky, Nate Jones, Steve Slaton, Sage Rosenfels - Result...no playoffs
    2012 - Signed David Garrard, Chad Johnson, Richard Marshall - Results - no playoffs
    2013 - Signed Dustin Keller, Phillip Wheeler, Dannell Ellerbe, Mike Wallace, Brandon Gibson - Result - No playoffs

What's worse is that most of these guys aren't even on the team anymore. Free agency should never be looked at as a way to build your roster. I don't know of too many teams that sign high priced free agents and win super bowls or even make the playoffs.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    The Jets lost Holmes and signed Decker. Grimes can cover Decker, what WR is the other corner going to cover? Stephen Hill? Clyde Gates?

The Patriots lost Talib and signed Revis. So Revis will cover Wallace, what corner is going to cover Hartline or Gibson?

I am not sure you quite understand what is going on.
    Last year they used Talib to cover TEs one-on-one. They had him on Charles Clay last year...don't see Revis being able to do that. He's not as big as Talib.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Another sky is falling thread and we aren't even three full days into free agency...uhggggggggg
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    The Comeback Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Certainly We Can't Be Pleased

[QUOTE=DolfanGator;1065034489]
    Quote Originally Posted by ac_lanham View Post
    I'm indifferent on this thus far. On one hand, it's nice that we filled a couple of glaring weaknesses but on the other hand looking at our team, we seem to just have an overall average roster and it doesn't look like we're making attempts to get to the next level. Especially on offense.

For example, the Colts have Hilton, Wayne, Fleener, Dwayne Allen, and some other good complimentary receivers yet they are expressing interest in Hakeem Nicks. Meanwhile we appear to be standing pat with Clay, fast but undersized Wallace, Hartline and Gibson coming off knee injuries.

I think that's the major point of frustration with some fans, especially considering the amount of money we have available. It does seem as if we're looking at some of the lesser unheralded free agents.

I will say that I'm a firm believer in relying more upon draft picks and free agency picks so hopefully that's the Hickey/Philbin plan as well.

Hilton is an undersized but fast guy, found in THE DRAFT. Reggie wayne is an aged reciever who just had knee surgery. Dwayne Allen has done what in the league? And they are "looking into" Hakeen Nicks. Looking into means what? They made a phone call? I'm sure we made quite a few phone calls...

If we spend 100million on free agents, you guys complain that we are just throwing money at the problem... if not, we aren't doing enough to get better.

This thread is stupid...

im done
    This right here is what being a mediocre franchise is doing to us. Disagreement and accusations.

All I was trying to do was find a point of agreement with the OP because I saw the point he was attempting to make, agreed with some of the premises of what he was trying to convey, and didn't want to continue to pile on him and then it's "you guys this and you guys that"

I realize where Hilton was found, what injury Wayne is coming off of, and Allen's numbers. And did I not specify that I would build through the draft as well? All I said was that I'm indifferent at this point, partially because we haven't hit the draft yet and here come the attack dogs. Lighten up, it's JUST football.

And forgive me for not being fully on board with everything this franchise does or doesn't do. I offer you my most sincere apologies.

Fare thee well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    I'm reading this on vacation and need another one.

You SOB you!

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ac_lanham View Post
    I'm indifferent on this thus far. On one hand, it's nice that we filled a couple of glaring weaknesses but on the other hand looking at our team, we seem to just have an overall average roster and it doesn't look like we're making attempts to get to the next level. Especially on offense.

For example, the Colts have Hilton, Wayne, Fleener, Dwayne Allen, and some other good complimentary receivers yet they are expressing interest in Hakeem Nicks. Meanwhile we appear to be standing pat with Clay, fast but undersized Wallace, Hartline and Gibson coming off knee injuries.

I think that's the major point of frustration with some fans, especially considering the amount of money we have available. It does seem as if we're looking at some of the lesser unheralded free agents.

I will say that I'm a firm believer in relying more upon draft picks and free agency picks so hopefully that's the Hickey/Philbin plan as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Who should Miami have already signed that would make then as good as Indy, the team they beat last year?

Quote Quote  

7. -37
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Dolphins Homer
    I'm now at the decision this is a well done troll job. That's the only plausible explanation

Every time I see a stupid post I remind myself we don't have this guy as a fan
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    im glad the jets werent able to get pettigrew.
    but so forth, i want the fins to sign blount and get another legit DB opposite of grimes. another pass rusher wouldve been nice to like demarcus ware but then again jordan needs to play more downs
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Canadian Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ottawa, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So, tell us, who would you sign to correct this? You do realize that you cannot force a player to play for Miami, right? This isn't fantasy league stuff. What receiver would you sign to 'counteract Revis?' Decker? You want Miami to pay him $7.5 per year like the Jets did? Get out your calculator, it doesn't work with the team's salary distribution. You make it sound so simple but you have no tangible suggestion on how it would be done.
    Andyman
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I'm now at the decision this is a well done troll job. That's the only plausible explanation
    I think he has valid concerns.

We're still short 3 starters on the OL. We still have a poor run defense. We still need a #2 and a #3 cornerback, unless you trust Will Davis and Jamar Taylor to suddenly become good, healthy players (I don't).

We still have two wide receivers coming off of knee injuries. We still need a TE to complement Clay. I still have big concerns about our safeties. So, yeah, uhm, I don't understand why people are thrilled with what's going on here.

Signing Grimes was a great first step. Signing Albert a left tackle was a necessary step. Now we have to address all of the other problems.

This sig in memory of 'Crazylegs' Elroy Hirsch. Go. Packers.
    Quote Quote