Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Certainly We Can't Be Pleased

1. -41
    The Comeback Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post

You SOB you!

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Who should Miami have already signed that would make then as good as Indy, the team they beat last year?
    Where did I say they should've already signed someone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannchise View Post
    perfect example of letting rivals get better - where is the corner to counteract Decker? The WR opposite Wallace to counteract Revis? Man, you all really don't know how to build teams - mediocre fans for a mediocre team. Omar was right
    Decker is not Calvin Johnson. Brent Grimes covers him every day and Sunday. Did you forget that Geno Smith is not Peyton Manning? What other receiver do you suggest they pick up in free agency to counteract Revis? Calvin Johnson, Demarius Thomas, and Andre Johnson were not a free agents. There is a salary cap. You can't just spend money willy nilly. Brian Hartline and Brandon Gibson are on the rise not to mention Rishard Matthews getting another year under his belt. You and Omar should connect yourselves to another team, or stop playing fantasy football and John Madden football. In the real world, it is a process.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    The Comeback Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    I think he has valid concerns.

We're still short 3 starters on the OL. We still have a poor run defense. We still need a #2 and a #3 cornerback, unless you trust Will Davis and Jamar Taylor to suddenly become good, healthy players (I don't).

We still have two wide receivers coming off of knee injuries. We still need a TE to complement Clay. I still have big concerns about our safeties. So, yeah, uhm, I don't understand why people are thrilled with what's going on here.

Signing Grimes was a great first step. Signing Albert a left tackle was a necessary step. Now we have to address all of the other problems.
    Thank you. Great post.

Quote Quote  

4. -44
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My thought are all of our FA signings this year were good for different reasons. Grimes, Mitchell and Starks were all value contracts (we signed Grimes at the right time. Some of these contracts are ridiculous). We really did well with those. Yes, we did overpay (a little) for Albert because we had to. I'm glad we did.

I honestly like the approach of not just throwing money out there. It seems like Hickey and Aponte are being very responsible with the spending. I think we can fill some holes with lower to mid level FA now and use the draft to get BPA. Hopefully that BPA will be Zach Martin.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    perfect example of letting rivals get better - where is the corner to counteract Decker? The WR opposite Wallace to counteract Revis? Man, you all really don't know how to build teams - mediocre fans for a mediocre team. Omar was right
    thankfully, I can prevent mediocre thread starters from starting more threads.

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    You could have had free beer, for shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There are so many things laughably wrong with this.
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    You could have had free beer, for shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

We're still short 3 starters on the OL. We still have a poor run defense. We still need a #2 and a #3 cornerback, unless you trust Will Davis and Jamar Taylor to suddenly become good, healthy players (I don't).

We still have two wide receivers coming off of knee injuries. We still need a TE to complement Clay. I still have big concerns about our safeties. So, yeah, uhm, I don't understand why people are thrilled with what's going on here.

Signing Grimes was a great first step. Signing Albert a left tackle was a necessary step. Now we have to address all of the other problems.
    This is constructive criticism. Not what the OP did.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ac_lanham View Post

Your exact quote was saying that it doesn't look like Miami is making any efforts to make the offense better. How are they supposed to do that right now in March?

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ac_lanham View Post

Your exact quote was saying that it doesn't look like Miami is making any efforts to make the offense better. How are they supposed to do that right now in March?

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Everything you said was a good point but why would somebody (the OP) make a thread four days into free agency making it seem like we missed out on everybody that was available?

Quote Quote  

9. -49
    The Comeback Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Certainly We Can't Be Pleased

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Signing someone now and making an effort are two different things sir. Example, we need a tight end opposite Clay but we haven't heard that the team reached out to anyone yet about visits.

Same thing with a RB. You know there's an upgrade needed especially at power back, yet nothing setup with Ben Tate or Blount that we know of.

Key words, it doesn't LOOK LIKE based on the limited information that I have to go by. I phrased it that way for a reason as I understand every bit of news doesn't leak out for various reasons but at the same time (as an aside) I fully expect the Dolphins to be the Dolphins and to stand pat with what they have at the skill positions.

I hope that clarifies things.

Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Y
    Everything you said was a good point but why would somebody (the OP) make a thread four days into free agency making it seem like we missed out on everybody that was available?
    Fair enough. Unfortunately, it's just one more argument in favor of the suggestion that thread creation should be a board privilege, rather than a right.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote