Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Certainly We Can't Be Pleased

1. -51
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    Fair enough. Unfortunately, it's just one more argument in favor of the suggestion that thread creation should be a board privilege, rather than a right.
    posters usually have thread creation privileges until they prove they can't handle it, like in the case of the op.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

2. -52
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Op cant start threads anyone? Excellent news
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ac_lanham View Post
    Signing someone now and making an effort are two different things sir. Example, we need a tight end opposite Clay but we haven't heard that the team reached out to anyone yet about visits.

Same thing with a RB. You know there's an upgrade needed especially at power back, yet nothing setup with Ben Tate or Blount that we know of.

Key words, it doesn't LOOK LIKE based on the limited information that I have to go by. I phrased it that way for a reason as I understand every bit of news doesn't leak out for various reasons but at the same time (as an aside) I fully expect the Dolphins to be the Dolphins and to stand pat with what they have at the skill positions.

I hope that clarifies things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What makes you think the Dolphins aren't thinking of drafting a tight end? There's also a thread already here that says the Dolphins are looking to upgrade at running back. Perhaps you missed it.

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    Fair enough. Unfortunately, it's just one more argument in favor of the suggestion that thread creation should be a board privilege, rather than a right.
    I certainly think that creating a thread should be relegated to people who are more respected and positive than anybody else. That's not to say that I would disagree with somebody posting something that one against the Dolphins because obviously they haven't been as good as we have one of them to be over the last 20 years. But when you have **** that was posted today and has been the last couple of weeks or months, that is when I certainly agree that it is a privilege to Postier and should be treated as such.

Quote Quote  

4. -54
    The Comeback Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    What makes you think the Dolphins aren't thinking of drafting a tight end? There's also a thread already here that says the Dolphins are looking to upgrade at running back. Perhaps you missed it.

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

I certainly think that creating a thread should be relegated to people who are more respected and positive than anybody else. That's not to say that I would disagree with somebody posting something that one against the Dolphins because obviously they haven't been as good as we have one of them to be over the last 20 years. But when you have **** that was posted today and has been the last couple of weeks or months, that is when I certainly agree that it is a privilege to Postier and should be treated as such.
    Never said they weren't interested in drafting a tight end or a running back for that matter but considering our rookies last year played the fewest snaps collectively out of all teams' rookies I personally wouldn't put ALL of my eggs in that basket (also take a look at the last tight end Philbin preferred that we drafted) although I do believe teams should be fundamentally built through the draft and supplemented with free agent pickups.

And I'm fully aware the team anticipates signing a running back. I didn't miss the blog post from Armando nor did I miss the thread here but at the same time, what if you wait too long and get outbid on the guy you really want?

Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Norfolk VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Other than Brandon Pettigrew I didn't really see a TE worth looking at...Graham would cost way too much as far as draft picks and J Finley hasnt been cleared medically yet unless I missed that..and to me personally none of the rbs that hit the market are all that great...I would have loved Byrd or Ward over Delmas but eh Grimes worked out last year on a similar deal so why not...I would like to see them bring in hakeem nicks to check out...
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=ac_lanham;1065034513]
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanGator View Post

This right here is what being a mediocre franchise is doing to us. Disagreement and accusations.

All I was trying to do was find a point of agreement with the OP because I saw the point he was attempting to make, agreed with some of the premises of what he was trying to convey, and didn't want to continue to pile on him and then it's "you guys this and you guys that"

I realize where Hilton was found, what injury Wayne is coming off of, and Allen's numbers. And did I not specify that I would build through the draft as well? All I said was that I'm indifferent at this point, partially because we haven't hit the draft yet and here come the attack dogs. Lighten up, it's JUST football.

And forgive me for not being fully on board with everything this franchise does or doesn't do. I offer you my most sincere apologies.

Fare thee well.

Contributing to the sheer stupidity of the thread will always drag you into it, especially if you agree with any piece of it.
    My friend is attempting to raise money to donate to Susan G Komen after the passing of her mother Please if you have time check out her blog

dirtyblondesuperwoman.tumblr for the full story and amazing read.
    Help put in foot in Cancer's ass vist www.teespring.com/CancerCanSuckIt
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ac_lanham View Post
    Never said they weren't interested in drafting a tight end or a running back for that matter but considering our rookies last year played the fewest snaps collectively out of all teams' rookies I personally wouldn't put ALL of my eggs in that basket (also take a look at the last tight end Philbin preferred that we drafted) although I do believe teams should be fundamentally built through the draft and supplemented with free agent pickups.

And I'm fully aware the team anticipates signing a running back. I didn't miss the blog post from Armando nor did I miss the thread here but at the same time, what if you wait too long and get outbid on the guy you really want?

It's weird to me on one hand you say Miami doesn't seem to be trying to improve the offense but then you say you never said they weren't interested in drafting a TE or RB. If you aren't sure of what their plans are for the draft or even the rest of free agency, how you can make the statement that they appear not to be trying to improve is lost upon me.

Having one or the other contradicts your argument.
    Quote Quote