Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Chickens: US>China>US

1. -1
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

Chickens: US>China>US

USDA to allow chickens from US to be shipped to China for processing and back to US

"Scores of Americans are in an uproar since Food Safety News revealed the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) will soon allow U.S. chickens to be sent to China for processing before being shipped back to the states for human consumption. This arrangement is especially disturbing given China’s subpar food safety record and the fact that there are no plans to station on-site USDA inspectors at Chinese plants. Also, American consumers won’t know which brands of chicken are processed in China because there’s no requirement to label it as such."

I won't give my dogs food or treats that come from China. I certainly don't want to find any of this on my dinner plate. If they go through with this, I'll never order chicken out again.
    Jim

"A criminal is a person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation."

Not even their mothers can tell them apart.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Our companies will do anything for $$$.

Not shocking that the USDA is bought and sold.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This article is pretty stupid. The point of the regulation is to allow US producers to ship to China, since virtually all trade agreements are bilateral. While the article quotes someone that notes that it doesn't make a ton of sense to raise the chickens here (the chickens can also originate in Canada or Chile), slaughter them, ship them to China and then ship the back to the US, it says that it hasn't stopped fish being caught in the Pacific from being sent to China for deboning, etc. Apples and oranges is actually a better comparison there. We also have the same agreement with several other countries, but 99 percent of chicken that people in the US eat is still made in the US.

A less hysterical article on this latest outrage.

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/h...from-china.ece

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Like me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JTC111 View Post
    USDA to allow chickens from US to be shipped to China for processing and back to US

"Scores of Americans are in an uproar since Food Safety News revealed the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) will soon allow U.S. chickens to be sent to China for processing before being shipped back to the states for human consumption. This arrangement is especially disturbing given China’s subpar food safety record and the fact that there are no plans to station on-site USDA inspectors at Chinese plants. Also, American consumers won’t know which brands of chicken are processed in China because there’s no requirement to label it as such."

I won't give my dogs food or treats that come from China. I certainly don't want to find any of this on my dinner plate. If they go through with this, I'll never order chicken out again.
    So you're racist against oriental people ?

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JTC111 View Post

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MAYHEM View Post
    Not at all. But I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that using the term "oriental" is considered offensive by many people of Asian descent.

Back to the topic at hand, if you're ignorant of the problems (illness, death, etc.) associated with dog food coming out of China, including chicken jerky treats, you're free to search the internet for articles on the subject. They are numerous.
    Last edited by JTC111; 03-17-2014 at 10:45 PM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

Nothing like "fresh" poultry.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Is it training camp yet?

Just because you don't agree with someone,
    does not give you the right to attack them.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Like me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Maybe you just need to learn to be more tolerant of other cultures .
    Attached Images
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can bet that these chickens will be sold at Wally World. In my family, we realized years ago that local sourced food is best. Obviously it is difficult to completely detach from this Monsanto style food chain, but it is worth it in the long run.
    Break two chicken eggs. One range fed. and one regular commercial egg. Look at the texture and color of the yolk and whites. Very telling visually. And after cooking compare the taste. No comparison.
    Quote Quote