Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 79

Thread: **Official 2014 NCAA Basketball Tournament Thread**

  1. -11
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    29,112
    vCash:
    25982
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    But that's not what we're talking about here. We're talking about how each team has been tested over the course of conference play. You're basically saying that the SEC was a better basketball conference than the AAC. If that's you're arguement then I have to question how much you actually know about basketball.
    the AAC had some better teams at the top but worse ones at the bottom. The AAC had 5 just awful teams, half the conference was awful.

    neither conf was very good.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    COphinphan89's Avatar
    Ours is the fury.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    5,288
    vCash:
    5652
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As bad as most of the SEC was this year, not losing a single game to a conference opponent in the regular season or the tournament is impressive. Going into this season I thought a 15-3 conference record was a realistic expectation for this team. I never thought they would be this dominant. What's scary is that this team is a Wilbekin suspension for Wisconsin and one bad bounce against UConn from being undefeated. It's been a fun ride. Hope they can finish it off in the Final Four.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    5,242
    vCash:
    10161
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    As bad as most of the SEC was this year, not losing a single game to a conference opponent in the regular season or the tournament is impressive. Going into this season I thought a 15-3 conference record was a realistic expectation for this team. I never thought they would be this dominant. What's scary is that this team is a Wilbekin suspension for Wisconsin and one bad bounce against UConn from being undefeated. It's been a fun ride. Hope they can finish it off in the Final Four.
    They've got a good shot at it. They're solid with veteran leadership, that's a perfect mix.
    #freespesh

    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    32,766
    vCash:
    35696
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i think my wahoos run ends in the sweet 16 vs michigan state who now that they are healthy and have their depth back look like the team to beat...that was the one team i wanted no part of for as long as possible...instead it's the sweet 16...eeeegads
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    29,112
    vCash:
    25982
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i think my wahoos run ends in the sweet 16 vs michigan state who now that they are healthy and have their depth back look like the team to beat...that was the one team i wanted no part of for as long as possible...instead it's the sweet 16...eeeegads
    they got screwed having MSU as a 4 seed but I think UVa can beat anyone w/ the way the play defense.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    5,242
    vCash:
    10161
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i think my wahoos run ends in the sweet 16 vs michigan state who now that they are healthy and have their depth back look like the team to beat...that was the one team i wanted no part of for as long as possible...instead it's the sweet 16...eeeegads
    wahoos?
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    PhinsPhan11's Avatar
    Phins & Philly Sports

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2009
    Posts:
    12,369
    vCash:
    6602
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    wahoos?
    He's talking about Virginia. I looked it up when I heard it one time.

    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    5,242
    vCash:
    10161
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    5,242
    vCash:
    10161
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Las Vegas take on how the brackets shook out:

    http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2014...aa-tournament/


    So, Las Vegas doesn't think much of the SEC huh? LOL @ nyjunc.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    29,112
    vCash:
    25982
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    The Las Vegas take on how the brackets shook out:

    http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2014...aa-tournament/


    So, Las Vegas doesn't think much of the SEC huh? LOL @ nyjunc.
    where did I say the SEC was good? The AAC and SEC both stunk
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Official NCAA Tournament Thread
    By COphinphan89 in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 04-24-2013, 03:13 PM
  2. **Official '12 - '13 NCAA Reg Season Basketball Thread**
    By LouPhinFan in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-29-2012, 10:51 AM
  3. *** Official Mens 2010 NCAA Basketball Tournament Thread***
    By Ricky_Fan34 in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 287
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 12:37 PM
  4. **Official NCAA College Basketball Thread**
    By LouPhinFan in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 504
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 09:05 AM
  5. Official 2005/06 NCAA Basketball Thread
    By FinsNYanksFan13 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 12:38 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •