Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Fall of the Patriots

1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 911972 Dolphins Logo
    Unless he's Brett Favre?
    Unless he gets hopped up on steroids? The league will never punish him.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Namor View Post
    Yep...just like Peyton..injuries and age have cost him his deep ball....Seahawks showed ..just stop those crossing routes......

Father Time is undefeated.
    Hell dude, I haven't even injured my shoulder and if I throw a baseball at 40 now my arm feels like it is going to fall off lol. As a catcher/outfielder I had a damn good arm too, not anymore!
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Dolfan for Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Gables, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Fall of the Patriots won't happen anytime soon, and I'll give you a few reasons why.

Ryan Tannehill, Geno Smith, and E.J. Manuel. Those are the other three quarterbacks in his division.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    You can't out run time, the Pats moves suggest they know this as well. They, like Denver, know that clock is short. It might be one year or maybe two but it is going to happen, Brady and Manning will decline into a shadow of their former selves.

I feel that both of these QB's want to be like Elway and win and retire on top. Neither of these guys want to go out with a losing season or being bounced from the playoffs, if I had to stake money however on which QB has the better shot at winning a Super Bowl and riding off, I'd bet Brady even though I can't stand the guy. He has just be healthier and hasn't taken the amount of abuse Manning has. Marino wasn't the same after his achilles injury and even he himself has gone on record and said that.

I hope Brady declines this season but to be honest I'd rather Miami beat the man when he was playing at his best if they can manage it, no body wants to win just because someone has to by default.

F.... that....I hope his arm falls off and we beat him to death with it.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    True but the Pats look to be all in this year. If they get a motivated Britt and he can learn to play with Brady (many a vet has struggled) that would be another great piece for them. I really thought we would have closed the gap last year and that was looking pretty good in week 15 but unfortunately for us weeks 16 and 17 happened which filled me with questions again. I went from feeling really confident about the fins to pretty much how I felt coming into 2013 after those Bills, Jets games.
    The way Jeff Ireland took a GM's dream worth of cap space and draft picks and made the team worse in borderline miraculous.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I belive Dion Jordan is gonna finish what JT tried to do.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Brady might lose something, but he's not losing the best game day coach in the entire NFL, so unfortunately I don't see any pats fall anytime soon.

Bellichek has showed over and over, he's always a step ahead of everyone else. The only thing IMO that has held him back from owning another 3-4 rings is his own arrogance. Could you imagine if they actually spent some $ in free agency? Or didn't trade down in drafts, amd drafted guys like clay Matthews when they had the chance?

It's almost shameful that they had Hernandez and gronk on rookie contracts and didn't get a ring out of that.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Special Teams Lunatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Pond, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spiketex View Post
    Hope that you're right. Brady still looked pretty good in many games last year. We were on top all over the field in the Foxboro game until he took control in the 3rd quarter when some decisions went their way. His leadership skills are still pretty amazing. BTW, you know he still expects to still be playing in 5 years time. (He doesn't joke).
    I know he doesn't joke. Nobody thinks that Father Time will catch them. Until he does.

I gave Brady two years. If he's still starting for the Patriots at age 39, they will not win the division. I will bet money on that.
    "If foot fetish videos of your wife surface online, and the voice of the cameraman sounds like you, just admit that it was you ... because the alternative is that someone else was filming foot fetish videos of your wife, and I'm pretty sure that's worse." - Bill Simmons's enduring lesson to Rex Ryan.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yessir View Post
    The Fall of the Patriots won't happen anytime soon, and I'll give you a few reasons why.

Ryan Tannehill, Geno Smith, and E.J. Manuel. Those are the other four quarterbacks in his division.
    Those 4 QB's are terrible. Those 4 QB's are not getting it done.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    You could have had free beer, for shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Time has a habit of kicking everyone in the balls.
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote