Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Fall of the Patriots

1. -31
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Terrible post - the NFL has changed over those years. YOu aren't allowed to hit qb's at all anymore. QB'S are going to be "falling" at later years in their career. Manning/Brady probably still have a few years of playing at a high level.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And hopefully his replacement isn't Mallet. I would absolutely hate to see Mallet become a great QB since many here wanted us to draft him.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And the Jets with no offensive weapons and bad QB play got the same wins as us...

Every year many folks here put on their homer glasses and every year for the past 10 years+ they are always wrong...

Have some perspective.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'll believe it when I see it.. The Patriots are still the best team in the AFC East.
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Brandon Thomas - OT/OG - Clemson
    6. Storm Johnson - RB - South Florida
    7. Calvin Barnett - DT - Oklahoma State

Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MARINO1384 View Post
    Watch his games last year and you'll be know why this is dead wrong. He was great around 30ish but watch his games last year. Sure he didn't have great receivers but some of those balls he threw were just straight off. Passes that Brady used to make in his sleep were completely overthrown. He had a very average season this year and I don't think he'll get any better. A body can only handle so much before it starts giving up. There's a reason why players don't play into their 40's. I don't expect Brady to be awful but his days of being a top 5 qb are far over with.
    I agree, this does not seem like the old Brady, he is missing receivers more often. Where in the past, once the ball left his hand, I cringed on who was about to hurt us, and how bad, now once the ball leave his hand, I watch to see if it was on mark, or can even be caught.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Special Teams Lunatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Pond, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace17Miami View Post
    Terrible post - the NFL has changed over those years. YOu aren't allowed to hit qb's at all anymore. QB'S are going to be "falling" at later years in their career. Manning/Brady probably still have a few years of playing at a high level.
    Staggeringly horrific post with a lack of reading comprehension.

It doesn't have to do with getting hit. It has to do with reaction time slowing down.

Unless NFL rule changes somehow slow down time, Brady's going to fall off badly within the next two years.
    "If foot fetish videos of your wife surface online, and the voice of the cameraman sounds like you, just admit that it was you ... because the alternative is that someone else was filming foot fetish videos of your wife, and I'm pretty sure that's worse." - Bill Simmons's enduring lesson to Rex Ryan.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yessir View Post
    The Fall of the Patriots won't happen anytime soon, and I'll give you a few reasons why.

Ryan Tannehill, Geno Smith, and E.J. Manuel. Those are the other three quarterbacks in his division.
    Three up and coming young QBs in Brady's division is the reason Brady will not fall? .......OK
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Special Teams Lunatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Pond, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    And the Jets with no offensive weapons and bad QB play got the same wins as us...

Every year many folks here put on their homer glasses and every year for the past 10 years+ they are always wrong...

Have some perspective.
    Please point out the part in my OP where I said the Dolphins were going to catch them.

For the reading comprehension fail, homer-bashing crowd:

This was about the Patriots coming back to the pack, not everyone else getting better.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good thread and there is no doubt they begin to decline...it's not an exact science but it is inevitable.

I for one don't believe Brady is better than ever or as good as he once was, Peyton as well, despite the gaudy numbers last year on a loaded football team. If the passing rules stay like they are there is no telling how gaudy passing numbers will get.

You can see the decline in Peyton though, the arm is weaker than it was.

Denver knows Peyton ' s window is small and they are going all in.

If that team stays healthy and Peyton doesn't hit the wall they look hard to beat.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree that Brady is losing it but he still has enough to beat most every team.... If Belicheat can get a strong Defense Brady has enough left to get the job done....looks like thats the route he's taking with the FA moves he made so far....Let's not forget, as poor as the Pats played in that Championship game they were right in it to the end, if they score that 2 pt conversion they would be down by 8 with 3 minutes left.....so the way I see it the Pats were a Gronkowski away from winning that game......one thing I learned about Brady's demise, I won't believe it until its over with.....
    Quote Quote