Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Fall of the Patriots

1. -41
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I'm sure the Pats will offset any deficiencies from QB play by adding RB power, extra WR's for short-yardage completions, and keeping their defense's football IQ unnaturally high.

Even without Brady, I don't see the Pats being a pushover. They're an extremely well-coached team and they make the necessary halftime adjustments. To OP's point, I think the Fins can definitely defeat them in the coming years, but Miami needs to be on it's A game. I think how Philbin performs as HC this upcoming season will dictate what the current Dolphins are made of; it's his time to try and out-coach Belicheck on an even-talent plane.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
    Staggeringly horrific post with a lack of reading comprehension.

It doesn't have to do with getting hit. It has to do with reaction time slowing down.

Unless NFL rule changes somehow slow down time, Brady's going to fall off badly within the next two years.
    Those things are because your body takes a beating. Not just from turning into the late 30's. The fact that they are subjected to much less punishment means they will last longer.

In addition to the fact the dbs can do nothing to cover these days either.

Its a different NFL. Which majors your op completely out of touch and incorrect. Nice try though..... Swiiiing and miss
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Special Teams Lunatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Pond, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace17Miami View Post
    Those things are because your body takes a beating. Not just from turning into the late 30's. The fact that they are subjected to much less punishment means they will last longer.

In addition to the fact the dbs can do nothing to cover these days either.

Its a different NFL. Which majors your op completely out of touch and incorrect. Nice try though..... Swiiiing and miss
    The swing and a miss is in the bolded part of your post. Here, I'll make it a all caps for you: RULE CHANGES DO NOT MAKE PEOPLE AGE SLOWER.

Here, in case you're as bad at Googling as you are at understanding the point: http://www.faqs.org/sports-science/A...ormance.html#b

From the second sentence of the article: "The physical peak for most humans, in most sports, is between 25 and 35 years of age; during this peak period, the well-conditioned athlete can create a confluence of muscular strength, peak cardiovascular and oxygen transport, speed and reaction time, and mental capabilities (including the ability to deal with competitive pressures), all bound together by a desire to succeed."

The last paragraph:

"In addition to the generalized impact that age presents on injury and the body's ability to recover, age is a significant reducing factor in the assessment of reaction time in athletes. "Reaction time" is the expression used to describe a complex sequence of related actions when the body is called upon to respond to a stimulus. Every competitive sport involves a reaction time; examples include the cricket batsman deciding whether to swing at a particular ball, an ice hockey goalie moving to stop a shot, or a sprinter exploding from the starters' block. The speed with which the athlete reacts is a combination of their ability to recognize the required response, the choices available to them, the type of reaction required, practice in responding to this situation, fatigue, and the age of the athlete."

The "in touch and correct" crowd has more if you need it.
    "If foot fetish videos of your wife surface online, and the voice of the cameraman sounds like you, just admit that it was you ... because the alternative is that someone else was filming foot fetish videos of your wife, and I'm pretty sure that's worse." - Bill Simmons's enduring lesson to Rex Ryan.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The end is coming for Brady and history shows it will be sooner rather than later. I hope it is 2014
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The swing and a miss is in the bolded part of your post. Here, I'll make it a all caps for you: RULE CHANGES DO NOT MAKE PEOPLE AGE SLOWER.

Here, in case you're as bad at Googling as you are at understanding the point: http://www.faqs.org/sports-science/A...ormance.html#b

From the second sentence of the article: "The physical peak for most humans, in most sports, is between 25 and 35 years of age; during this peak period, the well-conditioned athlete can create a confluence of muscular strength, peak cardiovascular and oxygen transport, speed and reaction time, and mental capabilities (including the ability to deal with competitive pressures), all bound together by a desire to succeed."

The last paragraph:

"In addition to the generalized impact that age presents on injury and the body's ability to recover, age is a significant reducing factor in the assessment of reaction time in athletes. "Reaction time" is the expression used to describe a complex sequence of related actions when the body is called upon to respond to a stimulus. Every competitive sport involves a reaction time; examples include the cricket batsman deciding whether to swing at a particular ball, an ice hockey goalie moving to stop a shot, or a sprinter exploding from the starters' block. The speed with which the athlete reacts is a combination of their ability to recognize the required response, the choices available to them, the type of reaction required, practice in responding to this situation, fatigue, and the age of the athlete."

The "in touch and correct" crowd has more if you need it.

You just don't get it at all. That's all good and great that you did that "research". But just because data exists, doesn't mean that the sample or the one person you are targeting, falls directly into the data that was presented. There are always.... always data points that will fall out of that first standard deviation in data.

Yes people won't age slower.... but they will age better, and they are aging better as a result of taking less hits. Adn they are taking less hits as a result of the rule changes. Simple... simple...simple.

But I"m not surprised you don't understand.

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Also the fact that you are posting information from a web site that has no sourcing of their data, and doesn't present their data is ridiculous.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Special Teams Lunatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Pond, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace17Miami View Post
    You just don't get it at all. That's all good and great that you did that "research". But just because data exists, doesn't mean that the sample or the one person you are targeting, falls directly into the data that was presented. There are always.... always data points that will fall out of that first standard deviation in data.

Yes people won't age slower.... but they will age better, and they are aging better as a result of taking less hits. Adn they are taking less hits as a result of the rule changes. Simple... simple...simple.

But I"m not surprised you don't understand.

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Also the fact that you are posting information from a web site that has no sourcing of their data, and doesn't present their data is ridiculous.
    So, let me get this right: You ignore ALL of the QB examples I listed...and you're being critical of my data, while presenting ZERO DATA OF YOUR OWN?

What's simple...is you.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope the OP is right. So sick of the Pats always running things in the AFC East.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes, I know. "Every off-season, everyone talks abut how the Dolphins are gonna compete with the Patriots, and we never do.
    Yup. Every single off season.

/thread
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    You could have had free beer, for shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote