Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Top 5 (offense)

1. -41
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    For me, the Pro Day didn't do much. I've been saying that his arm is more than good enough and that he has the best down-field accuracy of any QB in this class - and that he has elite intangibles. But there have been many posts that question these very things - along with his general ability as a passer. And when comparing his Pro Day to Bridgewater's, I do think it should factor in to some extent. During the season, Manziel more accurate down the field than Bridgewater. You can say that it's not that important, but Ryan Tannehill. Also, Manziel owned his Pro Day, showed the dynamic leadership qualities (whether or not you like him) that you want to see. Bridgewater either shrank in the moment, had a bad day, or raised some red flags about his throwing ability. They don't do these for nothing. Now, I still like Bridgewater an awful lot, but for most people, it should make them reconsider some things. You can't teach a guy to be a star. And for those on the board that have been consistent in their preference for Tannehill over Manziel, it should change a hell of a lot.
    Considering what Bridgewater has done in the big games while here at Louisville makes be believe it was a bad day. They guy has shown up and shown up in all the big games we've had over past 3 years. You don't beat a good Rutgers defense on a bad wheel and a bad wrist on primetime without being a straight up baller. From his first real game at UK in a hostile enviornment his freshman year to the bowl game against Miami, the kid has been there every single time he's been called.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    For me, the Pro Day didn't do much. I've been saying that his arm is more than good enough and that he has the best down-field accuracy of any QB in this class - and that he has elite intangibles. But there have been many posts that question these very things - along with his general ability as a passer. And when comparing his Pro Day to Bridgewater's, I do think it should factor in to some extent. During the season, Manziel more accurate down the field than Bridgewater. You can say that it's not that important, but Ryan Tannehill. Also, Manziel owned his Pro Day, showed the dynamic leadership qualities (whether or not you like him) that you want to see. Bridgewater either shrank in the moment, had a bad day, or raised some red flags about his throwing ability. They don't do these for nothing. Now, I still like Bridgewater an awful lot, but for most people, it should make them reconsider some things. You can't teach a guy to be a star. And for those on the board that have been consistent in their preference for Tannehill over Manziel, it should change a hell of a lot.
    Agree about Led Zep, TBH. As for Manziel's deep ball, Pauline has it right when he says they "float".......effectively he doesn't have a deep ball that will work in the NFL, let alone facing some of the conditions he will when playing in December. Again, comes down to having a skillset for College ball but not one for the next level.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hungover View Post
    Agree about Led Zep, TBH. As for Manziel's deep ball, Pauline has it right when he says they "float".......effectively he doesn't have a deep ball that will work in the NFL, let alone facing some of the conditions he will when playing in December. Again, comes down to having a skillset for College ball but not one for the next level.
    i'm not a bang the table for manziel guy but those deep balls float alright...drop in like as if on a pillow in stride and out in front...hard to criticize his vertical placement and accuracy imo...

on a different note bridgewater goes thru his progressions much better than manziel and he will stand in the pocket...reads the field better to...manziels more of a playmaker outside the traditional pocket...and he will bolt a clean pocket when he just doesnt need to...

there's no tannehill level guy in this class...closest thing is bridgewater
    Last edited by hooshoops; 03-28-2014 at 03:33 PM.
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i'm not a bang the table for manziel guy but those deep balls float alright...drop in like as if on a pillow in stride and out in front...hard to criticize his vertical placement and accuracy imo...

on a different note bridgewater goes thru his progressions much better than manziel and he will stand in the pocket...reads the field better to...manziels more of a playmaker outside the traditional pocket...and he will bolt a clean pocket when he just doesnt need to...

there's no tannehill level guy in this class...closest thing is bridgewater
    At this stage, Bridgewater definitely goes through his progressions better, but when you look at the progression from 2012 to 2013, I think he's on the track for success in that department. Manziel also sees the field better than just about anyone (at any level) when the play breaks down.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hungover View Post
    That's really cute.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    What limits does Bridgewater have that Brotles does not? He's bigger physically. So? The question is can Brotles be taught how to run a pro style offense making all of the checks and progressions that are necessary in an NFL style offense. Bridgewater has done that for 2+ years in a pro style WCO. Bridgewater already does most everything an NFL QB does from a mental standpoint already, and it never went out the window when he stepped on the big stage. His arm is plenty strong enough and his mechanics are already better than Brotles. Brotles may have a stronger arm, but he doesn't get as much as he can out of that arm due to inconsistent mechanics.
    You do realize that UCF uses a pro-style offense, right? Their coaching staff has a lot of ties to the NFL and Bortles also has a higher ceiling than Bridgewater does. Bortles has been developed in a pro offense since he got to UCF and also made drastic improvements because of that development.

1. Bortles
    2. Bridgewater
    3. Manziel
    4. Carr
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Props for putting Murray in your top 5 QBs. As a Bulldogs fan I think I overcompensate for my bias. There's a lot to like with Murray. The only thing that really concerns me with him is his ability to make the right throw against zone coverage. There are times that it seems like he either thinks he can beat the underneath coverage or he doesn't see it.

Also glad to see that you have Marqise in the top 3. Seems like everyone is sleeping on him.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by justdev7 View Post
    Props for putting Murray in your top 5 QBs. As a Bulldogs fan I think I overcompensate for my bias. There's a lot to like with Murray. The only thing that really concerns me with him is his ability to make the right throw against zone coverage. There are times that it seems like he either thinks he can beat the underneath coverage or he doesn't see it.

Also glad to see that you have Marqise in the top 3. Seems like everyone is sleeping on him.
    They're different players with different circumstances, but Alshon Jeffery saw a similar dip in production and stock between his Sophomore and Junior season - only Jeffery was a much riskier prospect, because he got fat.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    Omar Kelly (who I realise isn't the most popular figure on this forum) and Tony Pauline discuss Manziel:

http://t.co/4zYZwLCbbn
    Last edited by Hungover; 03-31-2014 at 03:32 AM.
    Quote Quote