Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 (offense)

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good stuff. Two questions:

What are your thoughts on Troy Niklas that are keeping him off the list? I love him, personally.

Which, if any, RBs would you take in the first round?
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    Good stuff. Two questions:

What are your thoughts on Troy Niklas that are keeping him off the list? I love him, personally.

Which, if any, RBs would you take in the first round?
    I like Niklas. Cut him at the last second to add Jensen. Ultimately, I might remove ASJ from my top 5 altogether.

Aside from character concerns, I think Hill is worth a 1st RD pick. I see Hyde, Carey, Seastrunk, and Mason are all 2nd-3rd RD players. But I think there's a decent chance Carey could be there in the 4th.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
    I agree about Greg Robinson, just an amazing run blocker and athlete. Best player in the draft imo, can become the best run blocking OT in the league and I don't see any reason why he can't develop into a rock solid pass blocker, just needs the reps. He jumped out at me more than any player in this draft, including Clowney. One word came to mind watching him play- "Wow".
    Watching him completely collapse the left side of the line on one play and then get to the perimeter on a screen the next play is something different. I haven't seen that combination of power and athleticism at the OT position.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    Watching him completely collapse the left side of the line on one play and then get to the perimeter on a screen the next play is something different. I haven't seen that combination of power and athleticism at the OT position.

Robinson is an extremely rare prospect. Everything about his combine performance for a kid that size hasn't been seen before. To top it off, it's unusual to see a player that dominant be so young. His combine numbers validate why we haven't seen this before in an offensive tackle.

This is a kid that still has tremendous upside despite the dominance he displays on film. He plays with a purpose on every single snap. His purpose seemed to be to annihilate his assignment. You can't coach that.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    I agree with Hill as the top back...said that while ago. Only thing that knocks him are things off the field in his past. Always reminded me a little of Larry Johnson coming out of Penn St.

Also agree with Greg Robinson as the top OT, and best player in the draft. This guy is amazing. Clowney's inconsistency is the only thing holding him back.... but I think he'll figure it out real quick.

I can't put Manziel above Bridgewater, but I like Mettenberger in the top 5. And Aaron Murray is a better prospect than A.J. McCarron. People still sleeping on David Fales.

I'd have Moncrief over Marqise Lee. Jordan Matthews, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham, Jarvis Landry, and Allen Robinson can all be interchangeable depending on what it is you're looking for. Matthews is a heck of a player. Been watching him since he was 16 years old. He has what it takes in terms of support, priorities, work ethic, and character away from football that facilitates a successful professional. He's going to be a steal for somebody outside of the 1st round.
    I very much agree with this. He's a high character guy that I'd love to have in a Miami uniform.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jordan Matthews seems like a perfect fit for Miami, but my question is whether he will last to the 2nd round. If so, I'd be all over that pick.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    Jordan Matthews seems like a perfect fit for Miami, but my question is whether he will last to the 2nd round. If so, I'd be all over that pick.
    I think there's a good chance one of those WR's will be available in the 2nd.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    I like him as well. I like Robinson more but I think Matthews has a great future ahead of him.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hill is not the #1 RB in this draft. He runs too high and his pass protection is subpar. Oddly, I see some similarities to Daniel Thomas.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EJay View Post
    Hill is not the #1 RB in this draft. He runs too high and his pass protection is subpar. Oddly, I see some similarities to Daniel Thomas.
    Agree to disagree. He looks nothing like D Thomas. Thomas is a finesse back regardless of his size....Hill is not. Hill averaged 7 ypc in the SEC..I thought he was the best back in the country outside of maybe Melvin Gordon.
    Quote Quote